Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2014, 18:23   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
33 Glander Tavana at Montego Bay Yacht Club

condition: good overall mechanic maintained, new belts, oil w pump etc clean bottom w good zincs $23500

The Glander Tavana is an eye catching, elegant 33 foot centerboard sloop with a spacious cockpit. The tiller stows up and away leaving the entire area open. There is a captains chair on the transom deck from which I steer with my foot . Includes sea kyak and fiberglass dinghy w 4hp, 3 excellent deep sea trolling rods, spearfishing, and snorkeling gear for 3 adults. Fully self sufficient boat with new 30hp yanmar 3YMF that only burns 1/2 gallon/hour. Sleeps up to four guests. The forward V berth is 7'X7'X7' with a new memory foam mattress, and the other long bunk is about 6' . Features autopilot, shore power, solar electricity , DVD/TV fully equipped galley, Bimini top, swim ladder. Full charts. Boat is currently available for viewing at the Montego Bay Yacht Club in Montego Bay Jamaica . 100% ready for the season. There is clean white cotton bedding inluded, quality fine thread.
The shoal draft allows anchorage in shallow protected lagoons away from the crowd and to approach quiet beaches by only a few yards. Set up thoughtfully for liveaboard cruising, with running salt water for washing dishes, and a rainwater catch system that feeds the tank directly. Ten porthole windows of the latest and most expensive type, so light and air are terrific below, and the windows seal tight. Large forward hatch, same. Also all the windows, hatch and entry have screens and are mosquito proof. The boat has all the equipment onboard for liveaboard cruising anywhere, SSB radio, tools and spares, about three hundred high quality movies on DVD, fishing lures for trolling, too much to list. Inside is loaded with storage. You have to look at other boats and then see the Glander to appreciate the thoughtful design. The transom deck is low enough to enable easy boarding and climbing up the swim ladder. There is a deck shower also. I will also include a great 12 volt laptop computer and Bullet wifi antenna booster, free wifi anywhere. The
23 inch HD TV also doubles as the computer monitor. The whole system runs off the panels and you never need electricity. Fans below combined with all the windows keep her cool. The hatch has a special mosquto net door so nights are very cool. The hull is a 1977 hand laid heavy fiberglass
the engine and interior including all plumbing and electronix are recent. She has a holding tank and macerator to pump overboard.
I have many more beautiful photos so please enquire. I singlehand her no problem and she is a great entry level boat that will increase your enjoyment of the carribean. These boats were built to standards that just dont exist anymore, and the layout is so practical. as you can see from the photos the interior layout is open much more air and light than production boats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11 088.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	402.8 KB
ID:	81361   Click image for larger version

Name:	11 101.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	81362  

Name:	11 273.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	404.4 KB
ID:	81365   Click image for larger version

Name:	11 259.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	81366  

Name:	11 231.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	416.1 KB
ID:	81367   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04616.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	402.4 KB
ID:	81368  

Old 25-05-2014, 12:17   #2

Re: 33 Glander Tavana at Montego Bay Yacht Club

the dinghy is a good fiberglass hard bottom that rows well, the engine is a tohatsu 3.5 with very low hours. The fishing gear and entertainment system and tender are worth around 3k. Sails have been serviced last season. There is also a Fortress aluminum anchor, great quality line, electric drill, storm jib, enough dvds to last years. The boat has been set up for fishing with rods stowed, reinforced rod holders, professional gaff, sprearfishing equipment includes mares fins and masks for four people.
The Tavana is perfect for coastwise carribean cruising when I need to move the boat into a shallow spot I jump overboard and wade around pushing the boat in water up to my belly button deep only.
This is a 13500 lb boat however with lead moulded right into the keel, no keelbolts to fail.
Old 01-06-2014, 14:11   #3

ok this is getting to be a must sell situation and I am lowering the asking price to
19,000 usd
shes a very sound boat with many practical custom touches
please make offers
Old 02-06-2014, 16:30   #4

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Really like the Tavana 33. Solid traditional boat and sails well. Dont know your boat specifically, but certainly worth consider for someone looking for a smaller traditional vessel.
Old 20-06-2014, 11:02   #5

the design of the Tavana makes it a better sailing boat than most, it doesnt porpoise and runs downwind very welll with the board up and with the board down she tracks well upwind. If you google the Glander you will find some history there were around 150 of these made, into the early 80s
I bought the boat for the fresh water cooled yanmar and came to really appreciate the shoal draft option as I crossed so many dicey areas such as sandbars and narrrow cuts in the Bahamas, I spent two years cruising on her and no expense was spared. In sheer seaworthiness it ranks near the top of any of the known brands.
Old 24-06-2014, 13:06   #6
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

greetings: what is the headroom inside? also can you stand up in the cockpit while sailing? thanks.
Old 24-06-2014, 13:33   #7

the inside headroom is listed as 6'2", that being said, I am 6'1/2" and I pass through the cabin without any trouble except in the galley area where the deck starts to curve down and the floor curves up. The headroom under the bimini is similar, I steer in a standing position with the tiller between my legs and my head brushes the top. If you are 6' or less you wont have any trouble at all and even for me headroom is not really an issue. If you google these boats you will find all the specs, such as the hull thickness and sailing characteristics, these hull on these boats is 5/8" thick, pretty much impossible to hole. This one has less wood interior than some show, leaving her on the lighter side, as she floats now relatively unladed the waterline is high.
Its no exaggeration to say the Tavana is perhaps the best choice for the keys and the bahama banks. Its practically impossible to strand on a sandbar, when the depthfinder reads three feet Im still not skidding. After appreciating all of the protected and uncrowded anchorages in around five feet of water throughout the carribean, I would never coastal cruise in a full keel boat. A few time I did hit cul de sac situations crossing uncharted passages, I would just hop overvoard and turn her around by hand wading in the waterl.
This is not to say that sailing characteristcs are compromised however, the boat really does have a lead keel with four thousand pounds of lead read the sailing reviews. The board just reaches waaaay down, if you want it, unless pointing I rarely use all of it, usually a few feet does the trick. The board also allows tuning downwind to keep the boat tracking well depending on your trim.
As it is the sailplan balances and tunes well with three reef points in the main and minimal weather helm or steering effort. The sails were serviced at phillops sailmakers in nassau last fall.
Old 24-06-2014, 13:45   #8

I need to mention that the onboard 12v computer interfaces with any gps unit and with the big screen LG LED monitor you can chartplot anywhere you are using dvd software of your choice or your handheld gps unit. I have two old garmins I will include. Ive also got charts of pretty much the entire carribean incl the entire florida coast and keys and like two chartbooks of the bahamas and most of the windward islands.

Tags
yacht