Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2011, 07:28   #1

35' Pearson P35

35’ Pearson sloop, completely equipped for cruising, $25,000.
For additional pictures please see our blog The adventures of Starfish and her crazy crew

Illness requires sale of much beloved P35 cruiser, Starfish. Boat just came back from a cruise in the Bahamas (see blog The adventures of Starfish and her crazy crew) and is being sold complete with all the equipment needed for cruising- just bring your clothes and go! This is an ideal boat for two cruisers to take anywhere they want to go. 3’9” draft allows you to go places others can’t while the 7’ centerboard makes her point better than most. Super rugged “old school” construction and design make her seakindly and safe while still maintaining a good turn of speed. This a well-known Bill Shaw design which was produced for fourteen years with over 700 being built. There is also very active owners association with a great website. Starfish’s well maintained Universal M25-XPB diesel is simple, reliable, and gives the boat around 300 miles of powered cruising on a 25 gallon fuel tank. Fast, comfortable 10’ Caribe RIB with like- new Honda 15hp outboard included- perfect tender for fishing, diving, or just exploring. Check out all the new equipment and upgrades:

Electrical:
• 315 amp hour house bank new Oct.2010 installed in new midships battery box wired with doubled cabling to reduce loss and weight.
• Digital voltmeter.
• Southwest Windpower Air breeze installed on tower. (Generator sent for complete reconditioning, $450 gets it back, or buy new for $900- either way easy to put back up).
• Brand-new 200watt Pioneer stereo with USB port for I-pod, inside and outside speakers.
• Alder-Barbour Super Cold Machine with Large Vertical Evaporator, brand new, installed two weeks before boat was pulled in enormous, newly reinsulated and relined ice box. Compressor draws cool air from bilge and vents out of deck by transom to reduce run times and draw.
• Five year old West marine battery charger installed but not wired. Portable battery charger connected to house bank for charging at dock or with generator.

Hull:
• Complete hull refit July 2010. Ground to bare glass, three coats Interlux epoxy primecoat, two coats rubberized primer, two coats Interlux Ultra- coat hard bottom paint. Bottom professionally cleaned week before boat was pulled. Paint is in excellent shape ready to resume cruising.
• All through-hull penetrations inspected, seacocks removed and rebedded or replaced.
• Rudder removed, hardware cleaned, inspected rebed in West Systems epoxy.
• Rudder post gland removed, cleaned and repacked with Teflon packing.
• Centerboard pennant replaced.

Engine/Drivetrain:
• Universal M25 XPB 3cylander diesel new in 1990 runs great. Previous owner used motor very little, mostly to go out and race the boat. Starts easily, idles quietly, three blade prop pulls great. No smoke, very efficient, based on Kubota tractor motor- cheap easy to find parts. Meticulously maintained.
• water pump">Raw water pump total rebuild 6/2011.
• Heat exchanger new 2009, removed, cleaned 3/2011. Looks like new.
• New shift cable 2/2011
• Gas tank removed, cleaned, inspected July 2010
• New cutlass bearing, new drive shaft 9/2010
• New flexible coupling 9/2010; eliminates electrolysis from driveline, smoothes vibration, quiets engine, increases life of cutlass bearing and protects transmission from prop-strike damage.
• New PSI dripless shaft seal 9/2010

Instruments:
• Raymarine C-80 Chartplotter/Multi-function Display with R-125 GPS antenna and 2GB navionics chart card for Florida and Bahamas. Fantastic navigation tool.
• Raymarine ST60 Depth sounder.
• Huge Danforth Constellation compass in binnacle.
• New Uniden Vhf radio installed by wheel. New Shakespeare antenna on mast head.
• Handheld, waterproof Uniden Vhf.

Rigging:
• Rig surveyed 11/2010.
• Mast pulled 12/2010, new forestay, new backstay, new cap shrouds.
• Mast completely rewired, new halogen deck lights, new Hella LED anchor light.
• Spreaders removed, sanded bare, epoxyed, painted with two coats interlux brightsides.
• New CDI Flexible Furler installed.
• New mainsail halyard led to winch on coachhouse by cockpit.
• New Sunbrella suncover on jib matches new Sunbrella mainsail cover and bimini. Second brand new bimini included with boat. Custom made matching Sunbrella rear cockpit shade attaches to bimini and stern rail protecting entire cockpit from the elements. All canvas new within last year.

Galley:
• Replaced alcohol stove with gimballed Kenyon three burner propane stove with oven.
• Installed Jabsco 4lpm water pump 2010 with new water lines, new filter and new Moen faucet with 6’ pull-out spray head.
• Reinsulated and rebuilt inside of icebox with low maintenance textured FRP. Bottom and sides of box have 4” of poly foam and 3” of polyisocyanate with foil backing. Split lids have 3” of polyiso with foil. Installed new refrigeration (see above).
• Replaced under setee water tanks with Vetus flexible tanks.
• Installed deck fill for water tanks. All tanks run to water manifold with separate ball valves for complete control of tank levels. Total water capacity 125 gallons.

Head:
• New in 2010; Jabsco toilet, jabsco y-valve, Vetus 14.5 gallon holding tank.
Simple, bullet-proof Whale gusher pump empties tank overboard, or deck fitting allows pump-out. Completely coast guard approved system.
• Replaced vanity and fixtures 2010. Tiled floor and vanity, new SS sink and pull-out faucet/shower head (see pictures).

V-berth:
• Enormous berth for this size boat-very comfortable for a couple!
• Custom dual density memory foam mattress.

Salon:
• Replaced starboard side pilot berth with cabinets and drawers.
• New cushion covers in cleanable vinyl.
• Replaced all light fixtures with high efficiency brass fixtures. Added ceiling light fixture to brighten cabin.

Equipment:
• 10’ Caribe RIB. Dinghy anchor, life jackets, running lights, pump. Fits on foredeck for offshore voyages.
• 2008 15 hp Honda outboard with 4 gallon gas tank. Runs great, pushes boat around 35 mph with two people.
• Snorkling equipment, fishing poles and tackle, polespear.
• Rail mounted kettle grill, backup propane camp stove, propane catalytic space heater.
• Three 6 gal. auxillairy water jugs, two 6 gal. diesel jugs, one 6 gal gasoline jug. (Take plenty to Bahamas save mucho dinero!)
• Sailbag full of lines of all sizes and states, all usable, including 150’ of never used 3/8 Stay-set.
• Over-the-boom sunshades.

Unfinished Projects:
• Big all-bronze horizontal windlass and stout cast aluminum bow roller need to be through-bolted to foredeck. Bolts and backing plates are included, just need to drill holes, epoxy them, and bolt it together.
• Mainsail is the original Hood sail. It’s showing its age and should be replaced soon. Sail repair tape and sewing kit are included, and the sail still has good shape, so it could go another season. We got caught in a storm off Eluethra with 40 knot gusts and the sail held up fine (better than my wife), but we were going to get a new sail before we went offshore again. Jib is a beautiful North 130 genoa in great shape, very rugged sail.
• Minor deck leaks at chainplates. The compression plates should be removed, new gaskets installed and plates put back on. This project can be done in a day with less than $10.00 worth of materials. It just never bothered us very much.

We had planned on living on and cruising Starfish for many years. Everything done to the boat was done to the best of our ability (I am a former boat builder by trade). We are very sad to have to give her up and would like to see her go to someone who will put her to good use. I am always happy to talk about Starfish so call if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover pic.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	30548   Click image for larger version

Name:	looking forward 3.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	30549  

Name:	port side.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	30550   Click image for larger version

Name:	starboard side 2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	30551  

Name:	galley 2.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	30552   Click image for larger version

Name:	head.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	30553  

Old 16-08-2011, 08:16   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Re: 35' Pearson P35

One of the best ad postings I've seen.

Pros:
  • PRICE is not only included, but prominet
  • CLEAR description of boat and systems
  • PICTURES are included
  • LINK given to more pictures

Cons:
  • NONE

This is the ad we should point all those posters one sees who don't have price, pictures or other relevant information readily available.

Good luck in selling your boat and sorry this is forced on you.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:29   #3

Boat: Camano Troll 31'

Nice add.
Pros: As stated above
Cons: Will you stop this please! I think I already found a boat! Now you go and through this temptation in the way!

Nice Pearson.
Sorry about your troubles, but someone will gain a nice boat.

I couldn't find it, where is she located right now? On the hard or in the water?
Also, Beam? Bridge Clearance?
Old 16-08-2011, 08:53   #4
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Excellant ad

but where is she located? I must not see something
Old 16-08-2011, 09:09   #5

Boat: Tartan 40

This ad exemplifies someone who cares enough about their boat to see it through to the sale.
Ads actually help us a ton- a well described, well photographed boat like this with clear contact info that is priced fairly seems to reflect the care the owner took with the boat. In contrast, you have to wonder when boats are advertised the opposite.
I have forwarded this ad to a friend of mine who is slightly in the market. Good luck with the sale. At this price and this equipment list it will sell quickly IMO.

Interestingly, my Luders 33 ad was not impressive, but at least there were current pics, and the owner was so nice and upfront about all of the (cosmetic only) issues on the boat that I knew there weren't any issues he was hiding from me. And when he told me that he repowered with a brand new Yanmar 3YM30 on his last trip north on the ICW when the old engine seized, because that would be the right thing to do for the boat, I was sold.
Old 16-08-2011, 10:11   #6

Blog states the boat is in Fernandina Beach, FL. Thanks for taking the time for a great add wish she was in Hawaii.

Tags
pearson, sale