Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 19:43   #1

Boat: 42' Cascade Custom Cutter "Sanctuary"
42' 2004 Cascade Custom Center Cockpit Cutter

Type this link in your browser to see my website

sailboatsanctuary.com

Even if you are not interested, please leave me a message to let me know you have been there, and what you think - anonymously if you wish.

Thanks,
Fred Keith
Old 05-06-2012, 04:51   #2

Boat: Hans Christian 43T
Re: 42' 2004 Cascade Custom Center Cockpit Cutter

My wife and I will be in Panama the first part of November. Perhaps we can connect at that time and take a looksy?
Steve and Vicky
Old 05-06-2012, 07:48   #3

I hope you noticed Sanctuary's location is Panama City, FL USA - not the real Panama
Old 05-06-2012, 08:17   #4
Marine Service Provider

Looks nice and better finished than most Cascades. If you really want to get it sold, I'd find a good broker so it gets on Yachtworld. Cascade isn't too well known other than on the west coast and Yachtworld is the proverbial 900lb. gorilla when it comes to getting boats sold. Since the boat is technically a 1972, it's unlikely anyone can get financing for it so you're limited to cash buyers. It's a lot harder to sell an older boat now than it ever has been due to financing no longer being available.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:30   #5

Boat: Hans Christian 43T

Hey, it was 0400 or something like that, LOL I could not open the site that was left. Thank you for the reply and I will try to open it.
Steve
Old 05-06-2012, 08:39   #6

That HIN is an issue. However her Coast Guard documentation shows a completion date of 2004, and she has been insured with a non-depreciating agreed value since launch as a 2004. The upside is, the state taxes her as a 1972 which reduces her upkeep some. I paid cash for everything during the building process, so I do not know for certain what a bank might say. I may end up with a broker, but since I built the website myself I thought I would give it a try for a couple of years and see what happens. Good to hear from someone (I see you are a commercial member) who knows Cascade, and I appreciate your comments.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06   #7

Boat: Cascade 42 Maria Victoria

Very nice Cascade 42. I love my 1972 cascade 42. Typical Cascade story several owner/builders.
I am the third owner. I launched mine in 2007.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44   #8
Marine Service Provider

Daedalusk,

My company is headquartered not far from Cascade. I spent some time at the yard as we supplied some prototype sails for a small boat they were building for someone who was hoping to create a new one design. I don't think the project got too far but it was fun hanging out at Cascade for a bit. One of our recent customers has a 44 that he's taking cruising.

When we were out cruising in Mexico, we met the daughter of one of the original founders of Cascade who owns a gorgeous 36.

If the boat is documented as a 2004, it will make financing a bit easier but it still may be tough because banks want to see "comps" and there isn't much on soldboats.com to help you in that regard. USAA is pretty flexible so if you get someone who doesn't have cash and is a USAA member (probably lots of them in your area with the military), then they might be able to help. Or you carry the note and hope for the best. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:08   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsailordiver View Post
Very nice Cascade 42. I love my 1972 cascade 42. Typical Cascade story several owner/builders.
I am the third owner. I launched mine in 2007.
I would enjoy swapping stories about the histories of our boats, and your experiences in the building process. Also would like to see pics of how you finished out the boat.
Old 06-06-2012, 21:27   #10

Boat: Cascade 42 Maria Victoria

Maria Victoria | Facebook
Lots of pictures of the boat.
First owner was ships engineer for starkist tuna on a fish processing ship.
Hull with bulk heads, keel and floor timbers was trucked to SF. Then headed to South America. Boat was all over South America and Caribbean on the deck of the ship.Even has a panama canal cert, it was just on the deck of the ship. Motor mast and lots of other parts where shipped by tuna boats heading south. After 5 yrs he got Married and left the unfinished (interior) boat in Porto Rico Where owner # 2 purchased her while he was there installing container cranes. He motors and sails with sails that do not fit to Florida.
He has the boat trucked to Issaquah WA.Boat parked on his driveway for 20yrs. He travels for work, months at a time. Gets married wife thinks boat is stupid. So when he is home he never works on it just buys parts. After 19 yrs of being on driveway covered with tarps . He and wife are going to move to the hills of Tennessee.
He puts boat up for sale I know the broker for Cascade yachts. Every time I see him he points at the pictures on his wall and say's that boat is for you. Nope dude divorce is to expensive. After a year of this I go look at boat fall in love with it.
My Wife say's OK as long as she can walk in boat and not hit her head (she is 6' tall) no problem 6' 4" headroom.
My wife wants to go sailing with are 2 kids for the summer. I tell her no problem I will sale the Santana 28 we all love and in 8 months be done with the Cascade and off we go dear. Boat just needs finish work after all.
4 years and a complete remodel I finish the boat.
Would I do it again HELL NO. But it is a great boat and sails like a dream and we have had many adventures on it. But my kids lost out on 4 years of summer sailing adventures.

Tim
I am a sailor not a boat builder.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:08   #11

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Mine is hull number 32 and I've been rebuilding for many years. Each time I dig into a new part I find something that needs replacing. It has been a project that's kept me out of trouble for a long time so I shouldn't complain. I still plan to get her back in the water someday. I don't think there is much aboard that I haven't rebuilt or replaced including keelbolts, floors, cabin sole, bulkheads, toerails, cabin top, and cockpit re construction twice.
Wish me luck.
kind regards,

Tags
center cockpit, cockpit, cutter