Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2015, 09:09   #106

Boat: 1996 42' Lavranos Cat Ketch
Re: 1996 42' Lavranos Pelican Cat Ketch - $49,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
Do you have a formal "release of all claims" from them? As this would greatly enhance marketability of the vessel. Otherwise no guarantee that they will not come back to haunt your next buyer.
I have no release of claim. The. Buyers are not happy they lost. They are in no mood to do me a favor to give me one. They have no claim on the title. The most that could happen now is that they might try to sue me for some reimbursement, but that won't involve the boat. I have possession and we have a proof that they abandoned the boat and nullified the contract. The buyers lawyer told us that, as well as the marina told us the same thing.
Old 03-04-2015, 22:37   #107

So I went and inspected Ron's boat and found her to be in very good condition with all systems as stated. The decks are painted a bit dark, would repaint before heading south. Hull looks good. Plenty of electrical generation and the electronics are well sorted. I personally feel like she is priced below market. Having researched the rig before going to inspect, I think she should be easy to sail and feels solid under foot. Question is, do we buy something larger than our comfort range if the rig is this easy to handle? Or for the same price pick up a 33 footer that has less equipment but will cost less in the long run for slips and hauling ect....
Old 04-04-2015, 08:08   #108
cruiser

Boat: swan 63 custom

you just sent me a pm that says the party that you had legal conflict with, wont give you a written release because they are mad at you, and the worst they could do is sue you for damages, this began with you not knowing anything about a lawsuit, and now your admitting it, and saying they wont give written release and could sue for damages ,ALL interested parties BEWARE
Old 04-04-2015, 08:27   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclady View Post
you just sent me a pm that says the party that you had legal conflict with, wont give you a written release because they are mad at you, and the worst they could do is sue you for damages, this began with you not knowing anything about a lawsuit, and now your admitting it, and saying they wont give written release and could sue for damages ,ALL interested parties BEWARE
My lawyer said there is no problem to sell it. Think about it. Title has not changed hands. There is no lein on the vessel. They can't put a lein on the vessel. That is for marinas and contractors that do work or have something owed to them. We have documented proof they decided to nullify the contract and give up possession. They have already missed the window to recover possession. I offered it back to them if they caught up their payments and started paying the dockage, but they refused. So, its over. There is no way they get the boat back now. The most they can do is to recover some money in court, but they know they would lose the case, so why spend an additional 3-4k to try to win a lost case. Good day.
Old 04-04-2015, 18:38   #110

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 04-04-2015, 19:58   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintessence View Post
So I went and inspected Ron's boat and found her to be in very good condition with all systems as stated. The decks are painted a bit dark, would repaint before heading south. Hull looks good. Plenty of electrical generation and the electronics are well sorted. I personally feel like she is priced below market. Having researched the rig before going to inspect, I think she should be easy to sail and feels solid under foot. Question is, do we buy something larger than our comfort range if the rig is this easy to handle? Or for the same price pick up a 33 footer that has less equipment but will cost less in the long run for slips and hauling ect....
Thanks quintessence for the positive feedback. You mention a very interesting point about cruising in a smaller boat (33ft) which will be cheaper for dockage and maintenance costs. That same thought has circled my own mind hundreds of times over the past 47 years of sailing. I have owned around 25 boats myself from an 19ft twin keeled English sailboat up to a 65 ft macgregor sailboat with everything in between so, I can offer some pretty good advice. With the smaller boats, they are nice and easy to handle - small sails, but I found tankage was limiting and storage was limiting. The heads were small and crampt and showers were always over the toilet. By the time you load all your cruising gear aboard, there isn't much room left. You'd be lucky if you had a free dinette and v- berth. I guess most of it comes down to comfort. Like a house, you can live in a one bedroom, 500 sq ft house, but would we really want to? How many of us would want to do that. Then there's the sea motion of a small boat. Thrown around so easily with quick, jerky movements. My brother was sitting in his cockpit in his 25 ft boat when a breaking wave hit him and the boat pushed him right off the seat into the water. Violent motions are not comfortable. Especially on a foredeck. Its dangerous. Cruisers with a well equippt boat tend to avoid the marinas and go there only to provision. An independent cruiser likes anchoring out in the nice anchorages coming to shore in the dinghy. It much more economical to cruise when you can stay away from the marinas. Small boats don't have elaborate systems and have to run ashore carrying the water jugs back and forth and have to go to shore often to reprovision. What a hastle. I read a survey 20 some years ago about the ideal size for a cruising boat for a retired couple. The consensus was 40-42 ft. I've always remembered that. Hope this helps.
Old 10-04-2015, 13:27   #112

The price of my Lavranos 42 cat ketch has been reduced to $39,900 for fast sale. That's cheaper than the $42,990 price of the cruising gear aboard. Its a bargain now. Better hurry!
Old 11-04-2015, 11:47   #113

Re: Now here is a georgeous bluewater boat for $49k

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
I reckon... older model 90's I'd guess...

I sure would be interested in the Specifics of the Cat Ketch pictured with the Blue Sails. Any chance for information about this Center Cockpit / Aft Cabin Cat Ketch ?

Sincerely,
Erasmuss
Old 11-04-2015, 13:07   #114

Re: Now here is a georgeous bluewater boat for $49k

Sorry, I don't know that boat. But as an update to my boat, I just reduced my cat ketch down to $39,900 for a fast sail. And it has $42,900 in cruising equipment. I suspect it won't last long at that price.
Old 12-04-2015, 20:02   #115

42' cat ketch ocean voyager $39.9k

1996 Lavranos 42' cat ketch selling for less than the cost of the cruising gear.
Selling for $39,900 for a fast sale.
Cruising equipment totals $42,900 which includes radar/chart plotter, watermaker, Aries windvane steering, 5 solar panels, rutland wind generator, morningstar mppt charge controller, balmar high output alternator, dinghy & outboard, 1800 watt inverter, SSB radio.....you get the idea. Serious boat for serious cruising at a fantastic price. Did I mention beautiful.....and a bargain...?
Old 13-04-2015, 02:33   #116

Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisTinaBruce Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisTinaBruce
Re: 42' cat ketch ocean voyager $39.9k

Do you have a site with pictures, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 13-04-2015, 03:28   #117

Boat: 1968 29' Quorning Tri
Re: 42' cat ketch ocean voyager $39.9k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTinaBruce View Post
Do you have a site with pictures, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
I'd assume it's this one, based on the location and matching description:

1996 Lavranos Pelican Cat Ketch Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com