Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2007, 11:03   #16

yeah it does and it's about 3/4 mile from the waterfront. where are you staying in portland sean. we have a mooring at city point on peaks island. we'll be up there for two weeks first of aug. s/v Dalliance G.S. 37
good luck with your search and new direction hope every thing works out for you and the family!!!!
Old 21-05-2007, 11:16   #17

Boat: NONE yet
Sean
If I where you, I would definatly list your boat on craigslist.org, free to list. No fees when you sell. I have seen many boats that are no where near as nice as your for 30-40 grand more. Good luck to you!!

Ps. the other day i was wondering round on ebay and did find 45' steel yatch in TX that was bare inside with good hule that they where asking about 5K for. wasnt sure if you where still thinking that route so I didnt send to you. It might have been relisted cause I dont think it sold.
Old 21-05-2007, 14:17   #18
cruiser

Thanks, Charlie!

I will definitely get the boat up on CL as well as Yachtworld (through a broker) and all the top internet search sites as soon as we're up in Maine.

I would be interested in seeing what you are talking about with the steel hull. Is that a Colvin Gazelle? We were leaning away from steel lately, since we realized recently just what is costs to haul it and sandblast the bilges and hull every so often. But still... could be a good one...
Old 21-05-2007, 16:42   #19

Boat: Monk 36 (formerly Westsail 32)
Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear about you selling your vessel. These decisions don't come easy so I know it has been a challenging time for you.

I hope your vessel goes to a good owner and will be cared for in the same manner you did.

Are you still planning to head to Bar Harbor? If so, I hope to see you on Penobscot Bay on your trek north.

Best of luck to you.

HERON
Old 22-05-2007, 14:31   #20

Boat: NONE yet
Sean, I have searched high and low and cannot find the one that I was refering to. I am not sure of the make or model but 45' stuck in my mind. I do recall that the mast was intact and the interior was completely stripped. I will continue to look. If I find it again I will sen dyou a link...It may have been on another site all together.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:40   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Sean:
Your original link is dead.
Is this the current listing?
1987 Gulfstar Hirsh 45 sailboat for sale in Maine

Old 04-06-2007, 20:29   #22

Sean...why are you selling her so cheaply? I'm not in the market myself but you should be able to get 20K more for her if the pictures are reflective of her overall condition.
Old 04-06-2007, 21:19   #23

Boat: To be determined
Send a message via MSN to RichT
Unhappy

Sean,
Been out of town for a couple of weeks, and away from the forum, so just saw your post. Sorry to hear you're giving up the ship. If I could sell my stupid over priced house in California, I'ld probably be first in line for the boat. From the pictures, it's obvious you've put a lot of hard work into her, and it shows. Keep your fingers crossed, and if my house sells in the next couple of weeks, I'll pay you a bonus.... Either way, best of luck with your new direction. Believe me, I know about changing life styles...

PS, the thing about the Lazy Boy brought back visions of the one that Corbin Seats turned into a trike up at Sturgis.

Best to ya,

RichT.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:35   #24
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
Sean...why are you selling her so cheaply? I'm not in the market myself but you should be able to get 20K more for her if the pictures are reflective of her overall condition.
I know... she's worth a lot more. The $89,900 is a "no haggle" price though. I won't come down for any reason, so I figured I'd cut the games out and just state what I'm looking for, rather than an "asking price" to stress over. More simple this way (I hope).

I also am motivated to move onto my next project so I can stop paying interest on this loan. That's another reason for selling low.

I found a nice little fishing boat to extend the wheelhouse on... the owner puts 10 tons of lumber on the back and hauls it around when not out hauling up the day's catch (which is 5000 lbs typically). Speaking to that other nasty thread, I'm doubting my stick and plywood construction will severely alter the stability of a vessel that hauls 10 tons of lumber around.

In fact, now that I think about it, I could place the offender's entire vessel on my deck and haul IT around since it weighs less than the load this boat handles on a daily basis.

That is a lighthearted jab at Gord - not intended to be mean.
Old 05-06-2007, 15:06   #25
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssullivan
I know... she's worth a lot more. The $89,900 is a "no haggle" price though. I won't come down for any reason, so I figured I'd cut the games out and just state what I'm looking for, rather than an "asking price" to stress over. More simple this way (I hope).

I also am motivated to move onto my next project so I can stop paying interest on this loan. That's another reason for selling low.

I found a nice little fishing boat to extend the wheelhouse on... the owner puts 10 tons of lumber on the back and hauls it around when not out hauling up the day's catch (which is 5000 lbs typically). Speaking to that other nasty thread, I'm doubting my stick and plywood construction will severely alter the stability of a vessel that hauls 10 tons of lumber around.

In fact, now that I think about it, I could place the offender's entire vessel on my deck and haul IT around since it weighs less than the load this boat handles on a daily basis.

That is a lighthearted jab at Gord - not intended to be mean.
Whoops!! Make that 5 tons or 10,000lbs. Wrong units!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:47   #26
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssullivan
... In fact, now that I think about it, I could place the offender's entire vessel on my deck and haul IT around since it weighs less than the load this boat handles on a daily basis.
Sean:
if that was an implied offer, I’ll have to ask where you were when I could have used you? I’ve made a few passages, where I mightn’t have minded being deck cargo.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:39   #27
cruiser

Hey Gord:

You know... we've had a couple public misunderstandings as well as some private ones. Most were public. So I figure why not use a public area to put an olive branch out.

Sorry for laying into you about some of the things you've said.

Friends?

Old 07-06-2007, 06:04   #28
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Sean:
I always thought so, and still do.
I need you too know our friendship means a lot to me:
If you cry, then I cry.
If you laugh, then I laugh.
If you hurt, then I hurt.
If you jump out the window, I look down ... then I laugh again*.

Best regards,
Gord

* After all, nothing & noone is perfect ...

Old 19-02-2008, 20:51   #29

Hi Sean;
I am new to this forum and just saw your posting and the pictures. Your vessel looks beautiful. Is it still for sale?

I am in the market for a vessel in this size range.

Do you have a lay-out for the vessel that you can share?

Peter

Peter
Old 20-02-2008, 12:22   #30
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
I'll post for SEAN - Boat is SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

I'll now close this thread ... to be deleted...