Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 13:59   #1
cruiser

45' Hirsh Gulfstar, Pictures, $89,900! (ssullivan's boat)

Hi Guys,

You all know how much work has gone into this boat. You also know that I spent about $23K on it total in refitting it with all the newest stuff.

If anyone out there is looking for a roomy and reasonably fast boat, this might be the one. You will know it's been carefully refit and everything is new.

Take a look at this listing for an idea of the equipment and such:

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/5513

Also as you know... I'll be saying goodbye to the business. I won't be saying goodbye to the sea, however, as I'll continue to work as a captain from time to time.

Fair Winds... I'll miss you guys. Maybe I can become an "armchair" sailor?
Old 10-07-2006, 04:06   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Farr 11.6 (AKA Farr 38) Synergy
Sean:

Whay are you leaving the business and selling your boat? You Okay?

Jeff
Old 10-07-2006, 06:13   #3
cruiser

Hi Jeff. Yes... I'm ok, thanks.

Abrupt change in life plans.
Old 02-08-2006, 14:25   #4

Boat: Prout Manta 38' Catamaran - Sunspot Baby
I have followed your threads with all the work you have done on the boat and about moving ashore. I hope you get the boat sold soon.

One question about this “armchair sailor” thing. Does the she go well to weather?

George
Bob Seger
Old 02-08-2006, 15:51   #5
cruiser

Now wouldn't that be a funny thing to create just as a joke... a Lazy-Boy with a couple pontoons (a cat!), and a mast and rudder. Of course, you would want to run all lines so as to be able to control the sails when reclined...
Old 06-08-2006, 15:35   #6
Kai Nui

Sean, saw your post on the other thread. Does this mean you are keeping you boat? If so, very cool.

Old 06-08-2006, 19:03   #7
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Quote:
I will take the alcohol stove, little cod, generator, and 2 of the 3 battery chargers with me.
Oh no...Ya are taking the noisy air-cooled diesel generator, and the cool alko stove with ya for a $10K discount....?

uh, what is a "little cod?"

Besides all that, the price seems good: If I was in the market, I'd sure look ya up.

Good luck with the new baby.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:07   #8
cruiser

The saga continues.

We realized we can afford to keep our boat, but we can't afford to CRUISE with it. Sad, but true. After paying it all off, we'll still have $0 for a cruising kitty.

After this realization, we are now putting the boat BACK up for sale. We are selling the whole thing for $89K complete package. We will take nothing off the boat. It's actively cruising now, and could continue doing so if someone were to purchase it. I'll be listing it in Yachtworld and stuff soon, so if there are any Cruisers out there that want it, let me know before I put it up in front of the general public again. It's got a slip in NJ until April right now. That will be included.

Sean
Old 01-10-2006, 16:08   #9
cruiser

Attaching some photos

Adding some photos of the boat: only $89K!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	email_master.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	317   Click image for larger version

Name:	galley.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	318  

Name:	Head.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	319   Click image for larger version

Name:	LC.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	320  

Name:	Done.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	321   Click image for larger version

Name:	loveseatsettee.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	322  

Name:	crewarea.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	324  

Name:	Stove.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	325   Click image for larger version

Name:	LargeTable.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	326  

Name:	VBerth.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	327   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForwardHead.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	328  

Old 01-10-2006, 19:30   #10

Sean.

Sorry to hear about that you & your wife have to give up the boat. I really enjoyed following the stories on your upgrades. And other work done to your boat. Once again. Sorry to hear about that.

But, I do wish you & your wife good luck on living in the RV. And hopefully, you'll be out to sea in a reasonable amount of years?

Good luck.

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-10-2006, 15:49   #11
cruiser

Hey Captain K.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I have enjoyed getting to know you on this forum and count you among my friends. Unfortunately, we will likely never get out to sea. I'm going to have to join the "sailors forum" instead of the "Cruiser's Forum", as I think I'll be confined to Hobie Cats and Lasers.

BTW: The $3000 dock we just rented is thrown in with the purchase of our boat for anyone interested.

Fair winds....
Old 16-10-2006, 12:46   #12

Boat: Pearson 365- Trident
Sorry to hear the news

Sean, Sorry to hear the news. I just got back to the forum and found it today. Best of luck. She is a fine vessel and you both should be proud of your accomplishments. I wish I could trade you my Pearson 365. Take care, Wiz
Old 16-10-2006, 12:51   #13

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Hi Sean......

Like all the other guys said, whatever the reasons, it will be sad to see you part with her.
You've obviously done a superb job on the rebuild (from your pictures) - we built a yacht once and I do know what goes into it.
Can only hope whatever happens you'll not switch off from the site - your views and opinions have always been valued.
Good luck to you both
JOHN
Old 28-10-2006, 00:24   #14
cruiser

Thanks John. I'm not sure if my crotchedy views and opinions are so useful, but thanks for the compliment.
Old 16-05-2007, 07:27   #15
cruiser

We think we've finally figured it all out! We have the WRONG BOAT for the lifestyle we are able to lead based on our income/net worth. I think some of you have pointed this out. We have figured out that we can't go cruising, so why on Earth do we have a cruising boat with a price that is out of reach for us???

(Dawn breaks on marble rock)

So... without further delay... this boat is ONCE AGAIN back up on the market. Same deal, same boat. $89,900 takes it (minus the dinghy). If anyone is serious about a very comfortable, well found vessel to cruise with, here is another window of opportunity. Act fast... we're pretty stupid and change our minds a lot.

PM me if you'd like to see her. There are a lot of photos up higher in the thread. We are currently bound for Portland Maine and the boat will be viewable there or anytime along the way up.

(Portland, Maine has an international airport)