Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 20:26   #1

Boat: Newport 30, Sirius 21
50 foot glass Kettenberg Centre Cockpit Ketch Project

Shammy has been around the world, and could go again. This is a strong hull with a lot of good gear. Depending on the engine, she could go in the water with a tarp over the cabin, and a new owner could sail as is and chip away at the projects while cruising. Look at the pictures in the link below, and call me if there's interest.

Fred 250-388-3750.

She was built in 1965 as a custom, high end, centre cockpit, one off yacht. Kettenberg Hull and deck were layed up in ONE PIECE of foam core glass. Glass is very thick inside and out.Cabin tops are also foam core glass. There is no water intrusion, no dents or soft spots in the hull or cabin tops. The hull deck joint on the inside is just a big radius of the one piece hull/deck structure.

The wood cabin sides, ends, and corners are rotten and will need to be replaced. These are all flat sections. They could be done with plywood and glassed outside, or filled in with planks as original. It should be possible to do this work without removing the cabin tops if desired.

The interior woodwork is still in good condition and rather lovely. See pictures on link.A previous owner has the stove and some other gear that was taken off the boat. He is interested in seeing her in good hands and will be reasonable, I think. All the rigging and sailing gear is aboard.

Sails and masts are functional. She could be sailed locally as is, but a good look at the rigging wire is in order. There are some gate valves on through hull fitting that should be replaced, and several other tasks of that nature.

Engine is a 4-236 Perkins. It was running when Shammy was brought to Port Townsend. I will have more information on engine condition when I get there (I'm in Victoria BC) toward the end of February.

There are some pictures here: I have more on request.

Kettenberg Centre Cockpit Glass 50' Ketch Project

Call Fred 250-388-3750 for more information. Shammy is on the hard in Port Townsend, Wa. Asking $25,000. Bring all offers.

Tags
cockpit, ketch