Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2012, 13:41   #16

Boat: 1994 39 Privilege
re: $500.00 !! REWARD !! For Catamaran Under $120k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerbye View Post
Yacht Sales West Inc. (Vancouver, BC)
Asking price is not necessarily the selling price. The owner of this one may be motivated.
Thank you
We will be cruising alone for the most part. So a 50ft boat is to much to handle. The maintenance would also kill are budget..
Thank for keeping a eye out tho.
Old 21-08-2012, 01:29   #17

wait a minute! Wait Just A Minute!

You said "We are offering a $500 reward to anyone that can help us find our catamaran."

I found you two cats which perfectly meet your requirements. Both of them!

To my understanding of your offer I am now due $500.

Or did you not really mean that you would actually pay the $500 ... it was only a "mere puff" ... like in the Carbolic Smoke Ball case - Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

???
Old 21-08-2012, 01:41   #18

well ... I got you another 5 cats on a semi-private for-sale website ... all in your pricerange, all fontaine pajots or lagoons.

But ... you know that $500 ... you can email me details of how you will pay me, and then I'll email you the contact details for the vendors.

Cheers,
Old 21-08-2012, 09:32   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannw View Post
well ... I got you another 5 cats on a semi-private for-sale website ... all in your pricerange, all fontaine pajots or lagoons.

But ... you know that $500 ... you can email me details of how you will pay me, and then I'll email you the contact details for the vendors.

Cheers,
Aloha Jannw

NO Smoke Ball here !!!
I am 100 % serious!! I will pay anyone 500.00 cash if they find the cat we buy. I will mail a money order or paypal. Hell we will hand deliver it with a hug and a batch of cookies. Hug from me not Nicole. lol. The point of this is to find a catamaran that is being sold by a owner. Most brokered boats are marked up 10% to cover the brokers fees. So I save about 11,500 and buy the bought from someone that actually knows the boat..

Thank you to all that have read this and replied or just keep the the idea in their head as they walk the docks. Thanks for keeping a eye out..

PS: if the boat is on yacht world or sailboat listing I know of it..
Old 21-08-2012, 09:44   #20

We'll see ...

But try these for size:

Lagoon 410 Boats for sale Martinique, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale 2003 LAGOON 410 - Apollo Duck
Lagoon 380 Boats for sale Saint Martin, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale 2003 LAGOON 380 - Apollo Duck
Lagoon 380 Boats for sale Croatia, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale 2003 LAGOON 380 - Apollo Duck
Lagoon 380 Boats for sale Croatia, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale 2003 LAGOON 380 - Apollo Duck
Fountaine Pajot Maldives 35 Boats for sale Spain, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1991 MALDIVES SPECIAL - Apollo Duck
Fountaine Pajot Tobago 35 Boats for sale Turkey, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1996 TOBAGO 35 - Apollo Duck
Fountaine Pajot Tobago 35 Boats for sale France, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1996 TOBAGO 35 - Apollo Duck
Fountaine Pajot Casamance 46 Boats for sale New Caledonia, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 46' Fountaine Pajot Sailing Cat - Apollo Duck
Fountaine Pajot Athena 38 Boats for sale Guadeloupe, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1998 ATHENA 38 - Apollo Duck
Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 Evolution Boats for sale Saint Martin, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale VERY WELL PRICED EX CHARTER MAHE 36 - Apollo Duck

All are within 20% of your budget ... and if you can't haggle that down you aren't trying.

J

P.S. all boats on yacht world are for sale by a brokerage ... private parties can't post yachts on yachtworld.
Old 21-08-2012, 10:33   #21

pirate re: $500.00 !! REWARD !! For Catamaran Under $120k

Quote:
We'll see ...

But try these for size:

Lagoon 410 Boats for sale Martinique, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale 2003 LAGOON 410 - Apollo Duck

""Sorry but this is a charter version 4 cabins with saildrives""

Lagoon 380 Boats for sale Saint Martin, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale 2003 LAGOON 380 - Apollo Duck

"""Sorry but this is a charter version 4 cabins with saildrives"""

Fountaine Pajot Maldives 35 Boats for sale Spain, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1991 MALDIVES SPECIAL - Apollo Duck

""The 35 tabago is to small under 36ft and has saildrives,""

Fountaine Pajot Tobago 35 Boats for sale Turkey, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1996 TOBAGO 35 - Apollo Duck

"""The 35 tabago is to small under 36ft and has saildrives,""

Fountaine Pajot Tobago 35 Boats for sale France, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1996 TOBAGO 35 - Apollo Duck

""""The 35 tabago is to small under 36ft and has saildrives,""""

Fountaine Pajot Casamance 46 Boats for sale New Caledonia, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 46' Fountaine Pajot Sailing Cat - Apollo Duck

"""""I do like the looks of this boat but it is to big, The maintenance on a 46
get overwhelming $.""""

Fountaine Pajot Athena 38 Boats for sale Guadeloupe, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale 1998 ATHENA 38 - Apollo Duck

""sorry but it is a 4 cabin sail drive boat."""

Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36 Evolution Boats for sale Saint Martin, Fountaine Pajot Used boat sales, Fountaine Pajot Sailing Yachts For Sale VERY WELL PRICED EX CHARTER MAHE 36 - Apollo Duck

""""This is not our ideal boat. But I am actually interested in it. it is a owners version the size is good and it is a galley up. If this ends up being the catamran we buy you will get 500. delivered how ever you like.."""""

All are within 20% of your budget ... and if you can't haggle that down you aren't trying.

J

P.S. all boats on yacht world are for sale by a brokerage ... private parties can't post yachts on yachtworld.

""""""Thank you very much for your work in helping us find are catamaran. Please keep a eye out for others And know I am serious.

The boat we buy will be posted on this tread.. """"""
Old 21-08-2012, 10:44   #23

Saildrives are a problem? Seriously? ... almost all production cats have saildrives ... you won't escape that unless you get something really really old. And the 3 cabin and 4 cabin versions are almost interchangeable ... they come out of the same mould. Remove the extra bed and install some shelving or another toilet!
Old 21-08-2012, 16:48   #24

Quote:
and ...

Spronk 40 Boats for sale Saint Kitts & Nevis, Spronk Used boat sales, Spronk Sailing Yachts For Sale INTERESTING SPRONK DESIGNED CUSTOM CAT - Apollo Duck

"""This boat is to much of a project"""

Wildcat 35 Boats for sale Grenada, Wildcat Used boat sales, Wildcat Sailing Yachts For Sale Wildcat 35, Jeff Shonning design - Apollo Duck

""Some wildcats have had some serious problems staying together. Read the bumfuzels problems with theirs I am going to stay clear of wildcat. Thank you tho""

Edel 38 Boats for sale Saint Martin, Edel Used boat sales, Edel Sailing Yachts For Sale 2000 HELIOS 38 - Apollo Duck

"""Sorry but saildrives 4 cabin and tiller plus I dont like the transition cockpit to salon""

Dean Ocean Comber 33 Boats for sale Trinidad And Tobago, Dean Used boat sales, Dean Sailing Yachts For Sale 33' Dean Cruising Cat Ocean Comb 1988 - Apollo Duck

""""To small"""

Alubat Graal 42 Boats for sale Guadeloupe, Alubat Used boat sales, Alubat Sailing Yachts For Sale 1990 ALUBAT 42 GRAAL - Apollo Duck
""""sorry but saildrives 4 cabin""""

Once again I do thank you for suggesting all the Cats. As for the saildrives yes they are a problem. I have worked around them and on them. I really don't want all the extra real-estate hanging out of the boat plus all the expense if they have problems.

As for taking out a berth and adding a head. I don't want to do all that work if I can help it..

I know I am looking for a very rare boat. But I am not in a huge hurry. We will find the right boat for us..
Thank you
Jack
Old 22-08-2012, 02:14   #25

well ... you are either wasting my own time or yours.

You are handy ... right? ... adding shelving, or a toilet, or a workspace to a 4 cabin charter version is not too hard. You are dicking around here!

The saildrive problem is silly ... they work well ... look at Fontaine Pajeot or Lagoon ... if they didn't work (and the charter market told them the upkeep and repair were a serious problem) they wouldn't keep installing them. So, you know what, they are actually functional and appropriate. Very much more so for a cat!

Also, you have no idea what you are looking at! I say this politely, but one of your earlier comments that the 46 foot cat I suggested (an FP in new caledoinia) might be ok, but a bit big ... well ... guess what ... sail drives. ALL MODERN PRODUCTION CATS HAVE SAILDRIVE ... even the old ones, even the big ones. ALL OF THEM!!!

You ask for help! ... you get it from many people. You dick around. I'm guessing you won't get much more help.

Cheers, and good luck with your hunt for the non-existent modern non-saildrive cat which is suitable for taking paying guests out on, with the upstairs kitchen (only on modern cats ... with a sail drive). For which you are handy and can fix things, but not install some shelving (you are not that handy), Daggerboards (WTF ... racing cats only) low maintenance and simple ????? you realise you are buying a big boat?

You may not be intentionally wasting my time, but you are certainly wastiing your own.

J
Old 22-08-2012, 04:04   #26

Boat: private yacht always moving

It sounds like the OP needs to get an education in the boats. want, need and available are all different things,,,500 dollars???? get real,,,, it sound like he wants someone else to do the leg work for him and then complain about the boat,,,,,buy the way,,,,,,if you buy on of the boats that someone send you info on how do we know you will send a check??? of course your word is your bond,,,,stronger than oak I bet
Old 22-08-2012, 04:24   #27

Boat: KH 49x, Custom

You'd think the OP offered $500 for someone's wife the way certain folks are reacting.

I don't know what you're getting all upset about. If you don't want to help, keep quiet and ignore the thread.

But if you happen to see a private sale, or know of someone who wants to sell. The $500 is a memory jogger, it's not supposed to help you make a living!

I think it's a good idea. I'm sure he's exploring all avenues, and a $500 reward is just another way to try to find the right boat.

The man knows what he wants, just because you have different priorities or ideas of what's right or works or whatever, doesn't mean he's wrong.

I couldn't find a boat I liked either, because I had very specific needs. I wouldn't feel the need to justify my wishlist to you or anyone else.

Between my choice to build and his choice to take his time and find the right cat "out of the box". His choice is more wise. He's got cash!

To the OP: If I hear of one for sale in your price range, that meets your criteria, I'll pipe up. And you can keep the $500 and I'll take the cookies.

Cheers.
Paul.
Old 22-08-2012, 09:50   #28

Boat: private yacht always moving

You'd think the OP offered $500 for someone's wife the way certain folks are reacting.

ALL up for that,,,,,,,when does it start?????????
Old 22-08-2012, 11:41   #29

Um the OP is funny. His posting is like....... I'm looking for a used car and I only have $1,000 but I'm only interested in less then 5 year old BMW/Audi with less then 10,000 miles. Dude get a reality check. If you aint got the cash try shopping within your budget range. Everyone wants a 40-50 Cat that has been recently re-fitted with all the latest. Your best bet is to spend some time walking the docks and eyeballing Craigslist like everyone does. And no I'm not interested in doing your homework for you.
Old 22-08-2012, 13:13   #30

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Man, if you can get Imagines boat for around your budget then you should jump on it. It is the deal of the day, month, year. Forget all that stuff on your wish list. Remember, "All boats are compromises".

Or you could get a really nice tri.

Really dude this is the one.

Tags
catamaran