Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 19:10   #16

Re: Alberg 30

She currently has a new "Natures Head" composting head installed and ready to accept deposits..

Thanks for the nice words btw! We put a lot of work into making her nice.
Old 10-07-2012, 23:04   #17

Boat: Pearson Ariel 26' (SOLD)

Chris cate,

If you still have the alberg come late winter/spring I would be very interested in it. Alas, now I only have half of that money. I wouldn't imagine you would have much trouble selling it though. she is indeed beautiful and simple. I love what you have done to her.

Thanks,

dan
Old 11-07-2012, 00:30   #18

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch

A "Natures Head" too! You did things right. I'm not ready yet, but if I was...

It's probably already sold. Let us know, okay?
“If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your ****, then you deserve it.” ― Frank Zappa
Old 11-07-2012, 14:50   #19

Thanks to both Ty and Dan, appreciate that!

I really can't believe she hasn't sold yet, she's such a great deal. I have gotten a ton of emails, but only one person has actually physically shown up so far, and he told me he was new to sailing (so he didn't seem to know all that much and didn't really ask me any questions - I think she may have intimidated him ).

New Plath 7b bronze windlass.. new Norvane self steering... new cast iron woodstove for heat.. new sails and track... new canvas... new oven (in an Alberg 30 -rare!).. Achilles inflatable with foot pump... she's a great deal, somebody please take her home!
Old 11-07-2012, 15:11   #20

Hi ChrisnCate,

Nice looking boat. We're partial to Alberg 30's, and i've done mechanical work on a couple. Unfortunately most of the market doesn't share our admiration, and I've seen loaded ones (inboard engine, updated electronics, freshwater only) languishing at around $20k.

Best wishes, and if we find some money, expect a call...
Old 11-07-2012, 15:44   #21

Thanks Lake Effect, appreciate that.

I should note that I would also consider a nice car or truck in partial trade along with cash. We got rid of our good cars when we did the refit in preparation for cruising, and now a decent ride or two is on the list of things we really need once we sell the boat. I am currently driving a $500 car with no air in July in MD, and it really sucks.

In fact, I'd consider trades w/cash on a lot of different levels - all offers considered!
Old 11-07-2012, 19:08   #22

I've got the money and am very interested, but unfortunately I am in Central America at the moment and wont be back until late September. I feel like by then I will have missed out.
Old 11-07-2012, 20:28   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanL View Post
I've got the money and am very interested, but unfortunately I am in Central America at the moment and wont be back until late September. I feel like by then I will have missed out.
Alright... what's it gonna take to put you into an A-30 tonight? Undercoating? Free floor mats? complimentary Martinizing? Lets make deal here...
Old 11-07-2012, 20:50   #24

Boat: 1977 S2 8.0
I love love love this boat! I have a 78 ford pickup with only 74 k original miles and my own S2 not much else of value...wish you were closer I would be seriously looking at her and trying to talk you into a payment plan :-)
Old 11-07-2012, 21:40   #25

Thanks Tori (or Joe, or both)!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:14   #26

Been watching this thread with great interest! It is perhaps a bit early for my overall plans but Ive always felt the plans could change if the RIGHT vessel were available. I am also a freak for Italian classic cars and possess a very nice 76 Alfa Romeo Spider with 66,000 original miles, near perfect body, new engine, Panasport wheels and fresh tires, headers, Webers etc. etc. It's not air conditioned but after all it is a roadster. Perhaps a swap could be arranged. PM me or call 316-799-1270.

Highest Regards, Darrell
Old 12-07-2012, 16:47   #27

Hi Darrell, Thanks for the nice offer! I really appreciate it. I have always liked those little Alfas a lot, but I need a practical car with air that I can put high miles on and has a reasonable cost of ownership at this point in my life. My last ride was a Z3 coupe (awesome and rare "shooting brake" styled car, another real head turner like Heron is), and even though I loved her dearly I am very much done with roadway/waterway queens (for now at least).

Thank you again for the offer though!
Old 14-07-2012, 16:24   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnCate View Post
Alright... what's it gonna take to put you into an A-30 tonight? Undercoating? Free floor mats? complimentary Martinizing? Lets make deal here...
Who wouldn't love a good martinizing! Could she stay on her current slip until October, and when is a good time to send a surveyor?
Old 14-07-2012, 20:20   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanL View Post
Who wouldn't love a good martinizing! Could she stay on her current slip until October, and when is a good time to send a surveyor?
Well, she could stay but we are month to month so it would be up to the new owner to handle that. Anytime is fine for a survey as long as I have a few days heads up.

Please let me know if interested in checking her out, thanks!

Old 16-07-2012, 13:57   #30

I may not have mentioned that she comes with a spare mainsail in good condition, as well as a spare dodger that was new in 2010. Also worth noting is that she comes with a ton of expensive hardware - cleats, fittings, fasteners (lots of bronze stuff), varnished pieces that are finished and ready to install (winch handle holder, other stuff), a companionway AC unit new in it's original unopened box, the list is long.

Tags
alberg, alberg 30