Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 07:28   #1

Boat: Heavenly Twins Catamaran HT27
Broken or working Autohelm ST5000 Sterndrive Unit

When we were replacing the bearings in our unit we inadvertently hit the housing carriage a tad too hard and it went overboard...

We have tried unsuccessfully to purchase a new part though the suppliers but as the units are now discontinued they can no longer supply the part we need, so I was wondering if anyone out there might have a unit sitting filling up a cupboard somewhere or are looking to upgrade their unit to something newer and like to make a bit of $$$ in selling off their old one???

We will upgrade to a newer model if we have to but we would love to keep our original unit as it worked a treat for us and gave us no hassles whatsoever, so guess a case of "better the devil...."... LOL!!

Any help or pointers where we might be able to locate one would be VERY appreciated.

Cheers
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55   #2

Boat: yacht repair deliveries
Re: Broken or working Autohelm ST5000 Sterndrive Unit

we have a used one we have talked about selling . I'm not sure if all the small parts are with it.
The rudder and rudder tab/fin were professionaly repaired and are in excellent shape. but airfoils are excellent. we have the manual but nothing says ST 5000. When I called Autohelm they said we had the newer design and it was worth rebuilding
What's your best offer we'll take it under consideration
Old 05-09-2012, 08:31   #3

Boat: Heavenly Twins Catamaran HT27
Re: Broken or working Autohelm ST5000 Sterndrive Unit

Hi Capt Andreae,

Thanks for your reply... If you go to Google images and type in Autohelm ST5000 Sterndrive it will give you an image to compare it to yours. I would need to be very sure it's the same kind of unit as ours as we only really need the bearings carriage part (the bearings all go through it). I have seen other used units for sale in full working order for US$400 and now and again on eBay for around the same or a little less sometimes depending on condition... So given that this unit is now discontinued and parts not available any longer by the manufacturer, I'm thinking that sounds a fairish ballpark of what I would be prepared to pay. If you could just check your unit against the photo on Google and/or provide a photo of your unit, that would be great :-)

Many thanks.

Buffy

Tags
autohelm