Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2013, 10:13   #1

Bunch of Books - Cheap!

Our boat library has been discovered to have some duplicates. So, here's the list of what we don't need 2 of .... if you see something you'd like, you can have it for the cost of shipping it to you!

-- Modern Ocean Cruising: Boats, Gear, & Crew Surveyed by Jimmy Cornell. 1983. (missing the dust jacket, otherwise fine)
-- Surveying Small Craft: A Guide for Owners and Professionals by Ian Nicolson. 1974. (great shape, dust jacket intact)
-- Improve Your Own Boat: Projects and Tips for the Practical Boat Builder by Ian Nicolson. 1985. (great shape, dust jacket intact, a few penciled notes)
-- All About Powerboats: Understanding Design and Performance by Roger Marshall. 2002. (except for old price sticker, perfect)
-- Power-Boat Cruising by Edward Locker Delmar-Morgan. 1960. (used to be a library book: old stickers, showing it's age. dust jacket missing)
-- Cruising the Easy Way by Bill Robinson. 1990 (perfect)
-- The Optimum Sailboat: Racing the Cruiser and Cruising the Racer by Ronald Florence. 1986/ (dust jacket missing, showing its age)

First come, first served!
Old 18-06-2013, 11:40   #2

Boat: Schucker mini-trawler
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: Bunch of Books - Cheap!

I'd be interested in:
-- Power-Boat Cruising by Edward Locker Delmar-Morgan. 1960. (used to be a library book: old stickers, showing it's age. dust jacket missing)

IF you can ship fairly quickly to General Delivery via Media Mail. I know -- picky. However I am anticipating leaving this town sometime soon (a week or three from now, depending upon weather)
And, can I send you cash? (no paypal)

And thanks for offering!
Old 18-06-2013, 14:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice142 View Post
I'd be interested in:

IF you can ship fairly quickly to General Delivery via Media Mail. I know -- picky. However I am anticipating leaving this town sometime soon (a week or three from now, depending upon weather)
And, can I send you cash? (no paypal)

And thanks for offering!
janice142 .... I'll PM you
Old 20-06-2013, 07:39   #4

Boat: Targa 96

Greetings Deep Blue you posted this on my birthday so its seems especially appropriate to take up your most generous offer. The Optimum Sailboat: Racing the Cruiser and Cruising the Racer by Ronald Florence tickles my interest if it's still available and the fact that it is 'showing its age' would suggest that it's a nugget. I'm don't know where you are but I'm in London, England so if it's not too much trouble or expense to post, would you be kind enough to send me a bill and I'll pay by paypal. Kind regards.
Old 20-06-2013, 07:43   #5

Boat: 1976 - Iroquois - MKIIa

I'll take what is left! Seeing how I don't have a library, this will be a good start! PayPal works for me as well. Zip Code is 92646. Paypal ID is:

toddbrsd@socal.rr.com

Thanks for shifting cargo!
Old 20-06-2013, 14:19   #6

Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblueln View Post
janice142 .... I'll PM you
Just confirming that cash is on its way to you as of this afternoon. And thank you again Laura.
Old 02-07-2013, 18:40   #7

Thank you Laura. Both arrived A-Okay yesterday. I'm still up to my armpits in bilge so I look forward to a most welcome respite, simply reading. Thanks again, and all the best in getting out here too!
Old 02-07-2013, 19:02   #8

Great, glad they made it! Good luck getting out of the bilge
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36   #9

Boat: President Sundeck 43

Are any of these books left?

Tags
books, cheap