Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2013, 15:06   #1

Boat: Westerly Centaur 26'
Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004
caribbean sim card (lime and digicel)

I looked on amazon and these were 35 dollars a piece was wondering if anyone had some they don't use anymore.

Thanks.
Old 22-11-2013, 07:22   #2

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Re: caribbean sim card (lime and digicel)

I don't understand - just step off your boat when you get there and pick one up from any of the dozen vendors selling them. They are basically free since they cost only a little money, but contain almost that amount of money on them as credit. For example, in Panama, they cost $5, but contain $5 in credit.

It's crazy that people are selling them on Amazon. Particularly since they get deactivated if not used for a period of time.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
Old 22-11-2013, 10:00   #3

Send a message via AIM to bbowers2004 Send a message via MSN to bbowers2004 Send a message via Yahoo to bbowers2004 Send a message via Skype™ to bbowers2004
Just like to be prepared. I had seen the prices on amazon and do not care to spend money on sims, but at 35 dollars a pop, and the diversity in the market in the area. I am not looking to pick up 35 dollar sim cards at each island, and if I'm only at each island for a week, I'm not interested in picking up a 35 dollar sim and a 45 dollar plan, just to do the same the following week. There is the axxess people who posted, but I'm not trying to budget 200 dollars a month for Internet. I was looking to spend more around 50.

Thanks for your response, I hope it's as simple as you imply, although its just not something I want to be worried about when I get somewhere.
Old 22-11-2013, 21:24   #4

Boat: Corbin 39 Pilot House, Tayana 42

And whom are you going to call when you get to the island where you never been before and don't know anybody?
Old 23-11-2013, 08:28   #5

More worried about the data, since I am going to be doing online University. I can not risk not having dedicated internet.

Tags
Caribbean, rib