Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2011, 23:21   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor
Competent Cook, Pays Her Own Way

I am a keen learner sailor, and very experienced cook , a retired hotel/restaurant owner who has never had a conventional life and doesn't seek one either. I speak , Dutch, French, Italian, Farsi , English is my mother tongue. I am presently in ENSENADA Mexico looking for some happy sailor/ sailors, to travel south with. I want to sail the Caribbean after Mexico. I will pay my own way, work as required, and am very happy to do all the cooking. I am not looking for a free ride , or a husband. I am 56, widowed , young at heart , capable, with a sense of humour, and very adventurous. I have no time frame for anything and am as free as a bird. I am ready to go right now , or can meet you somewhere else, Please contact me on saskiag*at*yahoo*dot*com
Old 25-11-2011, 01:02   #2

Re: Competent Cook, Pays Her Own Way

There should be a lot of boats in La Paz from the Baja Haha that will be doing the "puddle jump" in the spring time. Maybe hook up with one of those folks.
Old 25-11-2011, 04:00   #3
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiladysailor View Post
I am a keen learner sailor, and very experienced cook , a retired hotel/restaurant owner who has never had a conventional life and doesn't seek one either. I speak , Dutch, French, Italian, Farsi , English is my mother tongue. I am presently in ENSENADA Mexico looking for some happy sailor/ sailors, to travel south with. I want to sail the Caribbean after Mexico. I will pay my own way, work as required, and am very happy to do all the cooking. I am not looking for a free ride , or a husband. I am 56, widowed , young at heart , capable, with a sense of humour, and very adventurous. I have no time frame for anything and am as free as a bird. I am ready to go right now , or can meet you somewhere else, Please contact me on saskiag*at*yahoo*dot*com
Sounds like the perfect fit for some (many?)....... only one slight query - do you own a Brewery?
Old 25-11-2011, 04:38   #4

Boat: Oyster 53

Although I admire your free spirit and don't want to dampen your expectations - you may be on the wrong side of Mexico. Most boats in Ensenada are heading West and South in preparation to cross the Pacific. They are not going to the Caribbean. It would be faster and easier for you to cross Mexico by land and go to Isla Mujeres. That is the cross roads for boats sailing in the Caribbean that touch Mexico.

Good luck.

Dhillen
Old 25-11-2011, 04:44   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Competent Cook, Pays Her Own Way

ZeeHags heading for the Caribbean... if you don't mind wimmin bosses... maybe she's a spare berth...

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 25-11-2011, 08:08   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor

Thanks guys for all your suggestions I will take them all on board.............. BTW . Yes i do also own a brewery, i am a bikini model, and love giving long sensual massage.
Old 25-11-2011, 08:29   #7

Quote:
Thanks guys for all your suggestions I will take them all on board.............. BTW . Yes i do also own a brewery, i am a bikini model, and love giving long sensual massage.

AussieGeoff
Old 25-11-2011, 09:16   #8
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:

I'll take 3
Old 27-11-2011, 18:49   #9

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Considering your post below please insert the proper adjective above Keen comes to mind.

Quote:
BTW if you can locate the Sep and Oct Latitude 38 magazines there are usually itineraries for the boats going on the Baja Ha Ha and this will help you to find which boats are headed South and which are headed West. Also "The southbound group" in Yahoo has a lot of info for boats going south along the west Coast. Another good place to find a ride is at Club Cruceros de La Paz Home Page in La Paz. Good luck with finding a ride.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad