Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2013, 06:10   #1

COMPLETE RADAR

I am selling my complete radar add-on package for any Northstar 6000i, 6100i, or 958 system. Included is one RB717A 6kw Open Array Antenna w/ 4' Antenna, an MDS-3 Radar Interface/Power Supply Box, an I/O Cable that connects the navigator to the MDS-3, a power cord for the MDS-3, & a 10m Radar Interconnect Cable. I've even gone so far as to solder/heat shrink all of the Navigator I/O cable connections to ease installation. All tests were performed on an 8" 6000i which is not included. All equipment is in great used condition. Please note: The radar array was painted while installed on the boat it was on.I presume this is because the antenna had yellowed, which is common with these units. No logo was ever added to it so I added a Northstar logo to it. The paint job is excellent, not perfect, but unless you're up on your hardtop with a magnifying glass, it will look great.

The pedestal has some paint bubble/flake on the bottom around the bolt holes - completely normal on any used radar pedestal and doesn't affect performance at all - I showed the worst of it close up.

The MDS-3 and radar were removed from non-commercial boats being refit with new electronics and don't have high hours.

There are 2 wires, a blue and a green, that act as a on/off switch for the MDS-3. When the MDS-3 has power, and when these wires are connected, the MDS-3 is on, when disconnected, the MDS-3 is off. I recommend installing an SPST rocker or toggle switch in a convenient location to turn the MDS-3 on and off so that you're not needlessly putting hours on the magnetron when the radar is not in use.

I am asking for a $1150 shipped via FedEx or UPS. You could PM or email me for more photos and questions.

Thanks for looking.
Kriss
kriss.michael@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ra6.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	59239   Click image for larger version

Name:	ra5.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	34.0 KB