Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2012, 18:35   #16

Boat: Corbin39
Sometimes I wish mine were out back also, but then not so much! I am at marker #40 just so of Sheridan! Nasty cross current but cheap dock fees :thumb
Old 25-09-2012, 18:50   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422
Re: Corbin 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape39 View Post
Sometimes I wish mine were out back also, but then not so much! I am at marker #40 just so of Sheridan! Nasty cross current but cheap dock fees :thumb
I remember the current. Wicked.

But like you say, cheap dock fees and for me it wasn't to long a commute to 17th St in Ft Lauderdale.
Old 25-09-2012, 20:21   #18

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch

Boat for sale by photographer, and lists no photographs.

Lovely.

Old 26-09-2012, 17:05   #19

Sorry to take so long to get back to you guys but I don't have a lot of computer time. I have a job and two sailboats and don't have much time to spare. I have a 1980 Corbin 39 Pilot House Ketch/Cutter for sale for $8000. This boat was factory completed except for the interior was just ruffed out. That included sails, BMW D-30 and all spars and hardware incuding a lot of tankage which has not ever been used. The engine has 250 hrs. but is probably frozen up. I have replaced the mainsail and roller genoa. The roller furling works fine. Needs new running rigging. The boat probably has never been sailed and spent most of its 32 years sitting at the dock. I also have a Catalina 30 I will be putting back in the water in 3 weeks after a complete refit. I will sell one or the other and am going sailing. This boat needs work and if you cannot do it yorself it's probably not for what you need.

Take care and good sailing,
jim

Corbin 39 site located at: Corbin 39, Owners Group, of Canada and the United States

My email: jimparisphoto@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Corbin 39_7308 in.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	431.8 KB
ID:	47241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Corbin 39_113132.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	47242  

Old 26-09-2012, 18:38   #20

Slip available? Price?
Old 26-09-2012, 19:13   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimparis
Sorry to take so long to get back to you guys but I don't have a lot of computer time. I have a job and two sailboats and don't have much time to spare. I have a 1980 Corbin 39 Pilot House Ketch/Cutter for sale for $8000. This boat was factory completed except for the interior was just ruffed out. That included sails, BMW D-30 and all spars and hardware incuding a lot of tankage which has not ever been used. The engine has 250 hrs. but is probably frozen up. I have replaced the mainsail and roller genoa. The roller furling works fine. Needs new running rigging. The boat probably has never been sailed and spent most of its 32 years sitting at the dock. I also have a Catalina 30 I will be putting back in the water in 3 weeks after a complete refit. I will sell one or the other and am going sailing. This boat needs work and if you cannot do it yorself it's probably not for what you need.

Take care and good sailing,
jim

Corbin 39 site located at: Corbin 39, Owners Group, of Canada and the United States

My email: jimparisphoto@gmail.com
Hi Jim,
Sent PM
Old 27-09-2012, 06:26   #22

Pretty sweet looking hull. Whoever buys on to this had better have a hard through look around for maintance fees, repair bills, slip fees, anything that changes the advertised sale figure upward. Would not want any surprises on something like this after closing.

Jim, how much is the slip rent each month, is the space available to continue renting?

Can a person live aboard while repairs are being made?
Old 27-09-2012, 06:38   #23

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

GaryMayo
I have nothing to do with this boat, but I did PM the owner, and from what I deducted from his reply, is that the boat is in a good spot to do the repairs. If it isn't, there is a boat yard close that allows the do it yourselfer to do repairs in or out of the water and there rates are the cheapest anywhere. Plus you can live aboard if you want. If I didn't already have too many projects I would be interested. If someone wants to pay gas expences, maybe $50 bucks, I could take a look for you and send some pics.
Old 27-09-2012, 07:03   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman
GaryMayo
I have nothing to do with this boat, but I did PM the owner, and from what I deducted from his reply, is that the boat is in a good spot to do the repairs. If it isn't, there is a boat yard close that allows the do it yourselfer to do repairs in or out of the water and there rates are the cheapest anywhere. Plus you can live aboard if you want. If I didn't already have too many projects I would be interested. If someone wants to pay gas expences, maybe $50 bucks, I could take a look for you and send some pics.
Thanks for your offer. That price would be very acceptable. I was looking for someone like you when I purchased my 32 in California. Hold off on the drive over just yet. But don't loose your car keys.

Who here could disagree, this looks to be a deep pockets project? An out of state deep pockets project at that.

Winter is coming here real soon. 40 mph winds driving 20 below zero temps clear through your bones. The thought of a warm place to sit out the winter working on a larger ketch is tempting.

Where is this sailboat located? What city? What is the name of the marina? Would like to see the spot on a map.
Old 27-09-2012, 07:10   #25

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

It was described to be somewhere in Punta Gorda, just north of Fort Meyers. The boat yard that I would take it to is Glades Boat Storage Work Yard (863)983-3040. The yard is on the ICW that goes through lake Okachobee. Call them if you have questions. I was born in Neb, and lived in Kansa most of my life, so I know what your talking about. A winter here working on a fun project doesn't sound horrible.
Old 27-09-2012, 07:36   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman
It was described to be somewhere in Punta Gorda, just north of Fort Meyers. The boat yard that I would take it to is Glades Boat Storage Work Yard (863)983-3040. The yard is on the ICW that goes through lake Okachobee. Call them if you have questions. I was born in Neb, and lived in Kansa most of my life, so I know what your talking about. A winter here working on a fun project doesn't sound horrible.
I am 55. Winter in a Siberia like place is fun when you are young and don't know any better.

I will look the area up on a map. If the boat has been sitting in one spot for a long time, it will show up on google maps.

My last sailboat, on the hard three years, showed up on google earth.
Old 27-09-2012, 12:07   #27

Hey guys, I also sent a mail to the owner and I have to say, I like her. Only sad thing is, I am in Europe and have a girl. So, I probably won't be able to do this beautie... Hope someone will get her to top shape, it's my dream to have something like that in top shape...
Old 27-09-2012, 12:59   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brin
Hey guys, I also sent a mail to the owner and I have to say, I like her. Only sad thing is, I am in Europe and have a girl. So, I probably won't be able to do this beautie... Hope someone will get her to top shape, it's my dream to have something like that in top shape...
I will get to her and let you all know what a deal, or not, that it is. I know the Corbin, (have one) and all I lack is finishing some on the interior. But I was always interested in the ketch for the simple fact of layout. These boats are bare bones so it is like a blank canvas on the inside........I finished mine out with mahoganies and a very rare African rosewood for the soles.....almost done so I need another blank canvas. :Bankhead: some of us just don't know when to stop!
Old 27-09-2012, 16:03   #29

Boat: 1984 Sovereign 24

Charlotte Habor Boat Storage - Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage - Boat Storage For Sail & Power

This marina is right near Punta Gorda. They allow you to liveaboard while doing repairs
Old 27-09-2012, 16:16   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldiphlox View Post
Charlotte Habor Boat Storage - Charlotte Harbor Boat Storage - Boat Storage For Sail & Power

This marina is right near Punta Gorda. They allow you to liveaboard while doing repairs
Google maps shows this place as hard boat storage only, with two docks and a boat lift. Boat must be on the hard and not in the water, a plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iir76kyr.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	47312