Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2015, 00:59   #1

Boat: Jock Muir designed Abel Tasman
Cruising Catamaran 40' to 50' with 4 cabins

We are preparing for a diving trip around Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea and the Coral Sea. We are looking for a ready for sea, strong, well designed, well maintained, reasonably fast, roomy catamaran with all the cruising gear. She must be less than 15 years old and less than AUD$350K.

With various divers coming and going we need 4 cabins. We want inboard diesel engines, prefer cutter rig. Much of the seas we will be sailing have light winds so we want both a spinnaker and relatively powerful engines with 3 bladed props.

I know some of our wants are contradictory and we will have to make compromises so if your boat nearly but not exactly fits our requirements please still contact me to discuss what you have.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:06   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Cruising Catamaran 40' to 50' with 4 cabins

This one popped into my inbox last nights seems reasonable on the face of it..
http://www.multihullsolutions.com.au...eid=3cf661ab93
Old 07-05-2015, 16:00   #3

Thanks Monte.
She does look good. She is missing some of the "nice to have" cruising gear such as chart plotter, radar, wind generator and HF radio but wouldn't it be nice to sail at those speeds! I will follow up with Multihull Solutions.

Best wishes
Old 07-05-2015, 17:08   #4
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

It does look good, and the price looks good. I didn't look closely at details and likely you could easily throw another 30K at a 15yr old boat just bringing it up to scratch. But it's rare to see a modern design cat in Aus at that size and price point. It's generally older crowthers or 40' or under such as the odd fusion, which would be much too small and inadequate load carrying capacity for your requirements. Let us know how you get on
Old 08-05-2015, 03:41   #5

Hello,

I have almost what you are looking for with a catana 44 located in the philippines.

The price is in your range, she is a 1993 boat but still if you research a bit you will find the older catanas are a better design than the newer ones. Also one cabin was converted to an office, but can easily be transformed back with minimal effort.

Please see my website at Travelogue of the Catana catamaran Mystic Rhythms and even if you are not interested you might like some of the info about our last 10 years of cruising.

Richard
Old 02-06-2015, 05:51   #6
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to Steamer

Hi,

Baltic Sea located Germany 2000 blt 52-feeter @ Eur 189,000. 4 cabins + skipper qrtrs. 2 x Volvo Penta engines (2012). Main ca. 70 mē, 2007; Genoa ca. 54 mē, 2007; Storm Staisail ca. 19 mē, 2010, Gennaker ca. 130 mē, 2007.

PM if of interest.

Krgds /
Old 02-06-2015, 12:19   #7

Thanks All for your responses. We have bought a Leopard 40 which suits our needs and budget quite well. As we have sailed her over the past week we have been constantly pleased by how thoughtfully she has been designed and set up for easy sailing, simple maintenance and open living.
Best wishes
Old 03-06-2015, 05:48   #8
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Congrats mate, good luck with the business.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:39   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Kreef

HI Sagan how soon do u need to get the catamaran?There is a really good deal here in Safrica a 45 ft Royal Cape Cat going for 2.4 million rands about 260 K aus Dollars .If you want to view details go to Gumtree South Africa and look under Catamarans for sale.Wish i could join you !!!There is a female yachtmaster of 26 an Aussie here in Cape Town looking for work and I also know of a number of other skippers but I expect you can do the delivery yourself.Take care and fair winds .Regards ,David.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:47   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Kreef

AH ic u have purchased a Cat that I know well having crewed on a 40 FT Leopard to BVI's and she was great in all respects doing 17 knots with the swells going into Forteleza.We used the spinnaker a lot and she handled very well.A well built well known brand built in my home town ,THE TAVERN OF THE SEAS.Congrats,and have fun .How could you not ?All the best,David.

Tags
4 cabin, catamaran, cruising