Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2009, 09:02   #1

Boat: 1974 Sabre 28 Mk I - Icefire
For Sale: 1974 Sabre 28, w/ Dinghy and Mooring

I've decided to sell my boat, due to receiving orders to far away lands that preclude bringing her along.

If anyone's in the market for a great little cruiser, drop me a line. She's tough and pretty, though the paint job does need to be redone (part of her stripe got worn off over the summer in Annapolis as she rubbed against the dock....the fender slipped, and again since I wasn't there......). The Atomic 4 runs like a champ (just had the head gasket, thermostat, and all engine instruments replaced, courtesy of Chief Engineer). We did the ICW a couple months ago from Annapolis without a hitch, except for some bad fuel at the beginning (check out my blog at sailandstars.blogspot.com for the diary of the trip if you want proof).

Icefire equipment: Main and 150%, decent condition. Cruising chute with sock, good condition. Roller furling: needs repair/replacement (it seized during the run down the Chesapeake). Standard Horizon CP-170C chartplotter with up to date charts. Standard horizon VHF with command mike at helm. Navico WP-4000 autopilot (needs a new belt). Raytheon radar (works great, but the repeater isn't permanently mounted right now; I intended to mount it on a swing arm so it will be viewable from the helm, but haven't done it yet). Speed log and fathometer. New Lewmar hatch up forward last year. Lewmar 40ST winches. Rocna 10 anchor with 40 ft G-4 chain and 125 ft octoplait rode. Fortress FX-23 kedge/stern anchor with 6 ft chain and 200 ft 2-plait rode. 20 lb CQR backup with 6 ft chain and 100+ ft 2-plait rode. 2 Mustang survival hydrostatic-inflated harnesses with strobes and lanyards. Nylon jackline system. Handheld VHF. 20 gallons water. 18 gallons fuel. 20 gallon holding tank. Alcohol stove (works great). Good-sized ice box (I typically use 40 lbs of ice to start, then refill in 20 lb intervals). Starting and deep cycle house battery. Electric and manual built-in bilge pumps. Portable bilge pump. My plan was to haul her next summer to do a new bottom job (it's been a couple years) and fix the topside paint.

Dinghy: Walker Bay Watertender 9.4 hard dinghy with Johnson 2-stroke 4.5 hp outboard, 6 gallon fuel tank, and oars.

Mooring: helical mooring installed by professional diver in early 2009. High quality pickup buoy and pendant. Mooring is located at the corner of the Ashley River and Wapoo Creek in Charleston (ICW mile 471).

I'm looking to sell them all. I'm thinking 18.5k for the lot, but I'll take offers.

I'll be posting more info and pics on my blog and on craigslist charleston. PM or send an email if you're interested!

Have a great day!

-Alexei
Old 22-11-2009, 13:01   #2

By way of clarification:

I'd like to unload all of these things together. But if someone wants the boat, but is from afield and doesn't care about the mooring buoy, selling the boat is the priority and we can make the deal work without the buoy.
Old 25-11-2009, 08:12   #3

I finally posted the sales ad on craigslist.

FS: Sabre 28 w/ dinghy, mooring

Spread the word!
Old 27-11-2009, 06:35   #4

Boat: Allied Princess, 36-Scallywag
Alexei,
I wish you well in the far of lands. Thanks for your sevice. I know you enjoyed the Sabre.

John

Tags
sabre