Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2009, 13:18   #1

Boat: Westsail 32
For Sale: New Lewmar 16CST Ocean Winches - CP Bronze - $375/ea

Hello all. I'm selling a set of brand new (unused), older model Lewmar self tailing winches. They're currently on ebay, but I'll sell them to someone from here off of ebay. See below for the description.

----------

Hello, and thanks for taking a minute to look at my auction for ONE Lewmar 16 single-speed chrome selftailing winch.

Note: This auction is for ONE of two 16CST winches I have for sale. The other winch pictured is being sold in a separate auction (see my "other auctions").

This is a late 80s Lewmar winch that was purchased in the mid-90s with the intention of replacing some non-selftailing winches on a boat we previously owned. However, we sold that boat before swapping the winches, and this has been sitting in storage ever since. It has never been installed nor used and the entire winch is in like-new condition. Cast bronze innards, stainless shaft, bronze drum with chrome plating, aluminum self-tailing jaw.

The winch was just torn down and completely cleaned with Diesel. There is no corrosion to be found and everything looks perfect. The drum has a small amount of pitting in the chrome from age, but that happen to anything that is chromed. Look at the photos and you'll see that the winch is in perfect condition. The winch will be sent dry (no grease or oil), so the buyer will need to grease the drum, bearings, gears and oil the pawls prior to use. These sell new for more than $550/ea, so the buy it now of $375 is very good. Further, new lewmar winches have plastic, spring loaded jaws that crack within a few years from sun degradation. The jaw and tailing arm (one piece) is cast aluminum and will never break or degrade.

This winch will work with 7/16-9/16" line. If you need measurements of the bottom, let me know.

To see more photos (hi-res), visit: Winch Photos

Buyer to pay $9 shipping within US (USPS Priority); Canada and Mexico will be a bit more. If you purchase both winches, I'll combine shipping to be $15. Please ask questions before bidding! Also, check out my auctions for a set of Lewmar 6 winches.

W32 #482 Asia Marie

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45   #2

Boat: Mirage 27 in Toronto; Wright 10 in Auckland
what is the bottom measurement?

I have some old Barients that I'd be interested in changing out.

Connemara