Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2015, 11:29   #1

Boat: Golden Gate 30
Golden Gate 30

The Golden Gate 30 is a full keel, keel stepped sloop design by Chuck Burns. The boats were built under several different names (e.g. Bodega 30) with a few variations in build components. They are very similar design-wise to what you'd see with a Cape Dory or similar full keel boat, except with a smaller cockpit and larger cabin. The boats are heavy and sail very well, with a lot of practical and useful design traits for a cruising boat of her size. They have several circumnavigations and long voyages (e.g. SF -> Hawaii) to their credit.

Heike underwent a major refit in 2007, then again with some major work done in 2014. The refit included entire reworking of all systems, as described below, and was performed by the first owner. The second refit, performed by us, was smaller in scale and focused on components that needed to be re-installed correctly. We intended on cruising aboard her and living aboard, but recent changes in plans force us to move inland in short order.

She has a very charming and functional interior, with lots of sleeping and storage space. The galley is carved out on it's own, with everything needed in reach. At deck level, she has a lot of functional adn valuable features that make handling her a breeze.

We are highly motivated sellers due to the pending move. We regret that we must do so, as we have invested a lot in Heike, as have other people that are our friends, but I would rather pass her on to someone that will use her.

I have over 130 photographs of her available, please just email me and I will send them over in the form of a web album, they are of everything, good and bad.

Highlights:

- ~2007 Yanmar 2YM15 - New water pump, recently re-aligned w/ new prop shaft, zincs, plumbing, Vetus shift/throttle controller
- 2014 Waeco CB-40 fridge
- Anderson 2-speed self tailing sheet winches
- Garmin 441s w/ depth transducer
- Canvas dodger (~2008)
- Hull barrier coated and painted w/ Trinidad Pro in winter 2015
- Rudder shaft & rudder rebuilt to original specification (provided by designer), beautiful new tiller
- Enclosed head w/ macerator and holding tank
- Early model Harken roller furling
- Batteries replaced late 2013 (2x house, 1x start)
- 2-burner propane stove
- All exterior lighting LED
- Cockpit & interior cushions
- Ability to run lines aft
- Pressurized water
- Stainless wire rigging replaced ~2008, running rigging 2014
- Decks repainted ~2008
- Lewmar
- Handheld Garmin 78sc

She has a lot of storage and would be a very comfortable liveaboard or cruiser for a couple, with lots of interior space and being very easily singlehanded. We will include basically everything that we have for her along with the boat (live jackets, spares, etc), as we will not be returning to boat ownership for some time due to being very far away from the water where we are moving. We have a good bit of wire, tools, fuel jugs, etc that we will pass along, more than I can inventory.

Unfortunately, due to time not permitting, some items on her are still not completed, hence the price point. Normally, I'd finish all of this prior to selling her, but I am out of time as we move very soon.

They are as follows:

- Propane tank needed along with railing mount, I have the plumbing, just not the tank or mounts
- Pressurized water pump needs to be replaced
- The Lewmar electric windlass mounted in the anchor locker is wired through the cabin, but is not connected to a switch or the batteries
- The mainsail has no tears, but is fairly baggy (the headsail is in good shape)
- AC wiring is run through the cabin to bus bars behind the panel, but not connected at the panel.
- The mast step needs a canvas boot, current taped to keep water intruding below. I've contacted several canvas folks about this but never could get anyone to finish it...
- One of the lifeline stanchions is bent, I currently have a sleeve on it, but it will need to be replaced.
- Brightwork needs to be tended to, specifically the wooden "turtle"

For remote buyers that cannot easily travel to see her, I have a large album of photographs of everything, good and bad, that I can send. As I did with our last boat, I have no desire for potential buyers to be surprised by what they see and will photograph the boat as thoroughly as possible. If you'd like to see these photographs, please send me an email and I will respond with the album, it has over 130 pictures of the boat.

Boat is located in Melbourne, FL. Send PM if interested, asking $13k
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00D0D_6AdYqM0emoy_600x450.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	102252   Click image for larger version

Name:	00J0J_4iybiSOloXJ_600x450.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	102253  

Name:	00t0t_j28Zkw1Bcmn_600x450.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	102254   Click image for larger version

Name:	00u0u_hPmurmm10EF_600x450.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	102255  

Name:	00W0W_16lDnKuKYQA_600x450.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	102256   Click image for larger version

Name:	00303_cIg8XKrKaP4_600x450.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	102257  

Old 18-05-2015, 11:11   #2

Re: Golden Gate 30

Seller,

Could I receive the images of the boat. Highly interested but out of state. Are you in Melbourne if i arrange a survey

Tony

mvalladares@saferis.net
Old 21-05-2015, 08:54   #3

Sorry for the slow in-thread response.

I emailed you the info a few days ago, let me know if you didn't get it.
Old 22-05-2015, 07:48   #4

Price reduced to $9,500.

Move is happening sooner than we thought and we really need to move Heike before we leave, rather than raise the price back and leave her to a broker.
Old 22-05-2015, 11:17   #5

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 32 (Richards)

I would like to view the boat this Sunday, if possible. Suggestions for short-term moorage in Melbourne? Also, please send pix as soon as you can. Thanks! leighwebber@live.com.
Old 02-06-2015, 21:01   #6

contact me at Dan@dcvintagecycles.com

thanks

dan
Old 10-06-2015, 06:23   #7

Boat: still looking

If boat hasn't sold yet will you please send me the photo packet? Send to Mark at barefoot.cr@gmail.com
Old 12-06-2015, 17:28   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Perhaps the best of then under 30' "to take you anywhere" boats.
Old 12-06-2015, 18:40   #9

Thanks for all of the interest and comments.

She is sold and we move to our inland life next week. For now, anyway
Old 18-06-2015, 08:45   #10

Hi I am interested- I am new to cruising and me and my son want to go up and down the west coast of Florida and down to the islands-I live in Tampa, FL. Can you send me pictures, price and advice please? I have some work IN St. Augustine coming up soon and I can swing by Melbourne before or after to look at her-thanks, Jimmy