Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2004, 13:47   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien - 35ft
Send a message via Skype™ to cyclepro
Good marine surveyor needed

Can anyone refer me to a good and reliable marine surveyor in the San Francisco area?

Thanks
Jan
Old 05-06-2008, 19:03   #2

Make that 2

Noticed this appeared to be very old post....but actually, this weekend I'm going down to San Francisco to look at a 38' Hans Christian cutter. So yes, I also need a tip on a good SF Surveyor. Anyone???
Old 05-06-2008, 19:18   #3

Boat: Mason 33 and a Nordic Folkboat (wooden)
Call KKMI in Pt Richmond (510 236 6633)and ask Ginger, the lady who runs the front desk, for a list of people they use. We saw a few surveyors that came through to do work while we lived there for about 6 weeks. I noted a french lady ("fran-swah" -- I have no idea how to spell it*) who was VERY thorough and seemed well considered. Ginger can probably tell you how to contact her.

If you can actually talk directly to Mike Hadley, Project Manager there, he can give you the name of the best in your area of interest. We've had great luck with all their referrals, and think you'll do well with them.

*[sic: Françoise]
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47   #4

Boat: Sceptre 41
Hi I can reccommend Peter Minkwitz. Grew up in the same neighborhood as me. Very thorough. Nice guy as well. His phone # is 510-465-2522 my writing is bad so it it could be 2527. He surveyed my J105 and was really good. Campany is Worldwide Marine Surveys.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 07-06-2008, 20:02   #5

Wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsaloft View Post
Call KKMI in Pt Richmond (510 236 6633)and ask Ginger, the lady who runs the front desk, for a list of people they use. We saw a few surveyors that came through to do work while we lived there for about 6 weeks. I noted a french lady ("fran-swah" -- I have no idea how to spell it*) who was VERY thorough and seemed well considered. Ginger can probably tell you how to contact her.

If you can actually talk directly to Mike Hadley, Project Manager there, he can give you the name of the best in your area of interest. We've had great luck with all their referrals, and think you'll do well with them.

*[sic: Françoise]
Thanks so much for the info. Both my fiancee and I both loved the Hans Christian....so on to the sea trials and then the survey. Thanks again for contacts.
Old 07-06-2008, 20:06   #6

Great

Thanks, Charlie. Gives me another contact. Appreciate you looking him up.
Dawn

Tags
surveyor