Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2015, 10:42   #1

Boat: Rafiki 35
Grampian 26 Pocket Cruiser, well cared for

Beautiful fully equipped 26' sloop-rigged sailboat in the water and ready to take her new owners on amazing adventures.

I bought this Grampian G26 in 2009 and have fully rehabilitated her since that time. I'm now moving on to a bigger boat and looking to find a new home for this beauty. She'd be worth more than my asking price if I parted her out but I'd rather see her to go a person or family who will sail her.

Upgrades and features are too numerous to list, but here are the highlights:

Engine
-8hp Honda longshaft outboard with matching fuel tank, purchased new from Hooked On The Bay in Northeast Maryland in 2010 and routinely serviced, has never had any problems, starts on the first pull every time. Motor has an alternator built in and has an fitting to connect it to charge your house battery while running, though I have never hooked that up.

Sail/Rig:
-New mainsail in 2014 from Bacon's of Annapolis
-New lazy-jacks mainsail control system installed in 2014
-New jiffy-reefing system installed in 2014
-New custom sunbrella stack-pack sail cover in 2014
-Upgraded to mid-boom sheeting for the mainsail to free up the cockpit
-145% genoa professionally serviced in 2013
-100% working jib in good condition
-120% (I think) jib in fair condition
-all halyards and sheets replaced in 2010 and have many years of life left in them
-original cockpit winches replaced with larger stainless steel Barient single speed winches
-new cam-cleats mounted aft of the winches for line control
-Toe-rail mounted snatch blocks to lead sheets aft to the cockpit
-New windex windvane at the top of the mast

Hull
-4'3" draft
-cast iron fin keel hull with stainless steel keelbolts
-just one thru-hull (for galley sink drain), with properly-mounted bronze seacock
-Topsides faired and painted in 2014 with Interlux Brightsides yacht paint
-Rudder rebuilt in 2013
-New custom folding mahogany and bronze boarding ladder with mounts at the stern

Deck/coach house roof
-6 new stainless steel opening portlights with screens (installed to replace original plastic panels bolted to the cabin as "windows")
-Deck painted in 2013 with Interlux Perfection (2 part paint)
-Non-skid portions of deck painted in 2014 with "Grand Banks Beige" Interlux Brightsides paint with non-skid additive
-New stainless steel anchor roller in 2015
-Huge cockpit comfortably seats 6-8 adults
-New custom cockpit cushions with closed cell foam (so they double as flotation devices) in 2013
-Very large icebox/cooler built into the cockpit with extra insulation added
-New custom bimini with stainless steel frame and zip-off sunbrella awning plus sunbrella cover that zips over the bimini when it is folded shut
-Bulkhead mount compass with inclinometer
-New custom-cast bronze rudder post cap and tiller mount bracket in 2015
-New custom mahogany handrails installed on coach house roof
-New custom mahogany slider boards and trim for companionway door
-4 premium green fenders (to match hull) and green 1/2" double-braid docklines
-Primary plow anchor on anchor roller with 25' of chain and 150' of anchor line
-Secondary danforth anchor clipped to bow rail with 100' of anchor line

Cabin (completely renovated since purchasing the boat)
-All new custom cushions throughout with mesh fabric on cushion-bottoms to promote air circulation
-All new bulkheads made with marine-grade plywood and finished with Interlux Brightsides yacht paint
-New wood trim and paneling throughout
-New custom dinette table (that folds down to make a double berth)
-New custom galley counter with stainless steel sink and drop down storage compartments
-2 burner stainless steel Origo non-pressurized alcohol stove securely mounted below galley counter
-custom cutting board that hinges down over stove to provide more work surface when stove is not in use
-teak knife/utensil rack and teak cup holders
-Ample shelving in every area of the cabin with ample stowage under dinette seats, v-berth, quarter berth, and bottom of hanging locker.
-Custom handrails in interior of cabin that are bolted through to handrails on exterior of cabin
-Custom curtains between the cabin, head, and v-berth for privacy without sacrificing ventilation
-Custom mahogany ladder/steps down into cabin

Plumbing
-New Dometic toilet mounted on integrated holding tank, vented and connected to deck fitting for pump out.
-New hand pump galley faucet
-40 gallon fresh water holding tank with fitting to be filled from deck

Electrical
-New 12v electrical panel installed in 2013
-New depth finder installed in 2013
-extra large deep cycle marine battery new in 2013
-reading lamp in v-berth, nav lights, 12v charging port for phones, bilge pump, anchor light, etc.
-new VHF radio with mast-top antenna

I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting. I have spent multiples of my asking price rehabilitating this boat since buying her but I've also had a tremendous amount of fun aboard. I don't expect to get that money back- I just want to see her go to a good home.

There are two issues I would address if I were keeping this boat another year.
-First, there is a relatively small (approximately 4"x6") soft spot on the foreward deck just aft of the hawsepipe for the anchor line. It seems water has penetrated the deck core at the hawsepipe. There is no problem with standing on the deck at the soft spot, it just flexes more than the surrounding deck. I would recore the deck at that spot from below (inside the chain locker) if I were to keep the boat but it is not an urgent repair.
-Second, there are a few superficial cracks in the painted deck/coachhouse roof where superficial cracks in the gel coat/laminate below have come through the paint. If you've ever seen older fiberglass boats, you know superficial cracks in the gelcoat are very common. These are not structural issues but I would probably grind/buff them out and re-paint over them if I were to keep the boat.

The boat is in the water and ready to go. I'm also glad to take any seriously interested buyer out for a short demonstration sail.

I am firm on the $3,000 asking price. You will not find another similarly sized boat in this condition for twice this price. I could have listed the boat for more to allow room to haggle but instead I have listed it for the lowest amount I would possibly be willing to accept.

Carrie.a.gordon@gmail.comClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438018850.629608.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	106161Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438018865.347300.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	106162Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438018878.998537.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	106163Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438018888.783001.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	106164Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438018901.399646.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	106166
Old 27-07-2015, 10:59   #2

Re: Grampian 26 Pocket Cruiser, well cared for

Location is North East, Maryland
Old 27-07-2015, 13:35   #3

Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"

My grandfather used to joke that if you ever find a parking spot in Manhattan, just take it, even if you don't need it. I feel the same way about this boat. How could one pass it up? Sounds like a great deal. Good luck!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:38   #4

Edit: if you can show you will be giving her a good home, we may be able to negotiate a bit.

Tags
cruise, cruiser, Grampian, pocket cruiser, ramp