Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41   #1

Boat: Rafiki 37
Grampian 34 for sale

Elysian is a rare Grampian 34 center-cockpit ketch. She is a solid comfortable cruising boat with lots of storage, easy handling, and a full aft cabin. Many recent upgrades (in preparation for liveaboard and move to the Caribbean) include:
And more ... too many to list. Check out our website: www.elysian.ca for full details.

Price lowered (again!): $18,000 neg.

Thunder Bay, ON. Canada.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elysian.jpeg
Views:	365
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	35815  
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15   #2

Boat: Bombay PH 31
Re: Grampian 34 for sale

Hi,
wish i was buying but,
ive got the 34 grampian "BooBoat" (ex,gemini,serphi) if i recall right its hull 56 or 7.
th P.O. was asking 12k in salvage condition! needless to say i didnt pay any near 1/2 what he was asking but, survey said it was worth 9k as JUNK.
You've put way more than that in yours and someone going to get a heck of a boat!
can i ask what procedure done on interor was? it looks like you went all the way a pulled off liner in cabin and that crappy carpet on inside hull. What a job that must have been!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:47   #3

Boat: Rafiki 37
Re: Grampian 34 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyspc View Post
Hi,
wish i was buying but,
ive got the 34 grampian "BooBoat" (ex,gemini,serphi) if i recall right its hull 56 or 7.
th P.O. was asking 12k in salvage condition! needless to say i didnt pay any near 1/2 what he was asking but, survey said it was worth 9k as JUNK.
You've put way more than that in yours and someone going to get a heck of a boat!
can i ask what procedure done on interor was? it looks like you went all the way a pulled off liner in cabin and that crappy carpet on inside hull. What a job that must have been!
Thanks keyspc, we have put a lot into Elysian. Up until May 2010 we were upgrading her with the aim of an extended liveaboard cruise down the east coast and beyond. So only the best went into Elysian's upgrades.

We have not done much on the interior however. We've been focused on the principle systems, and leaving the interior for later. The old shag rag still lines the hull. I guess I just didn't show that in the pics. It's mostly intact on our boat, so not really a problem for us.

The Grampians are tough, solid boats, as you know, and the 34's are amazing liveaboards. Our new boat, a 37' cutter, is a wonderful boat, but in some ways is actually smaller than Elysian. You made a good choice (at a great price!).

Tags
Grampian, sale