Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2008, 08:35   #1

Boat: Sceptre 41
Great Value for sale

This is not an inexpensive boat; but it is a great value. It has nice 2004 electronics and sails. There was a very nice refit done to the boat (I had a long telephone conversation with the current owner) I have no financial interest in this boat. I actually have a reverse interest because if it is avaialble when I sell a few things I might buy it and then turn around and sell my boat. It is a 1984 Sceptre 41 with a major refit done to it: Here is the link -- 1984 Sceptre Yachts Sceptre 41 - 41' Boat It is my understanding that the price for the boat is $150k.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 18-12-2008, 09:20   #2

Boat: Sceptre 41
Here is an update from the owner.

Thank you, Charlie. I appreciate the favor. One note is that only the staysail, trysail, & storm jib are new in 2004. The main is spectra and was added somewhere around 2001 or so. A 110 was new about 1996. The 135 was a couple years older than that I think, but I don't know the exact date. Not only the electronics were renewed in 2004, but so very much more, from all standing and running rigging, carbon fiber whisker pole, cutter rig with detachable head stay for staysail, windlass, extra fuel tank, electric head, sat phone, HF/SSB, VHF (both are ICOM), Pactor email, 6 man SAR Switlick life raft, Monitor steering, Nexus Auto Pilot with new Linear Drive, Aluminum bottom inflatable dinghy, Spectra 16 gph water maker, satellite phone, SS Radar Arch, solar panels, Wind Generator, New Bose Speakers, Extra Genoa & Main Halyards, inflatable kayaks, folding bikes, many electronic charts, increased house batter bank by 50%, added separate start battery & Ample Power Isolator Eliminator (to separately charge start battery, and many things added between 1996 and 2004 such as the Treadmaster deck, new coring in all parts of the deck, etc., etc. New additions just in last month: new refrigeration, new batteries (10 of them), fresh bottom paint.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad