Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2008, 08:02   #1

Boat: 1962 28' Pearson Triton
Guest 10 AMP Model 2610 Onboard Battery Charger

Listed on eBay; Item number: 130190118435

I purchased this Guest model 2610 10 amp on board battery charger (with two outputs) in 2002. This charger is a sealed unit that is meant to be mounted permanenty on the boat. It will supply 5 amps to each battery output for a total of 10 amps. The 2610 is a 3-stage electronic battery charger. It is rainproof, lightweight, silent, and completely automatic. The 2610 will not boil off the electrolytes in lead-acid batteries when left unattended. When unequally discharged batteries are connected to the outputs, the charger will automatically steer more current to the battery that needs it. Power supply is standard 115 volt/60 Hz AC.

Over the last six years, I've probably plugged this charger in about five times each year. It was installed in the cabin, out of the way, but where I could see the LED indicator lights. The charger was permanently wired to two batteries. I then wired the AC input of the charger to an inlet fitting that I installed in the cockpit. I always had a modest power consumption on my boat, so the few times I used it each year, I would plug the female end of an extension cord into the inlet fitting and plug the other end into the receptacle on the dock. One or two days and the batteries would be fully charged.

The charger works fine. The reason I'm selling it is that I'm hauling the boat for some major work. When it goes back in the water, I'll be using a solar panel to charge a single battery while cruising.

Original owner's manual and installation recommendations pamphlet are included. (Note: You'll see a little bit of white paint on the charger from when I painted the bulkhead that it was mounted on. There's not much.)
1962 Pearson Triton, #318

Tags
battery