Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 17:17   #1

Boat: Catalina 30
pirate HEADSAIL jib 110% OUTBOARD 8HP, dinghy davits, and more!

Hey there, I have for sale a few items, that I'm looking forward to get rid of. I have been trying to sell them for a couple months now, but it's not very easy to close a deal when sailing from place to place every other day, trust me on that. Now I arrived in the tampa bay area (FL) and intend to be there for a while, so I'll try my luck again !

All items are sold because they came with the boat I recently purchased and I don't need them or already have them. Items' pics are available on tampa bay craigslist and shouldn't be too hard to find, but I can send additional pictures to whoever is interested, just PM me.

I have for sale:

- a Headsail JIB 110% in perfect, like new condition. It's a very good sail by SCHURR (Pensacola). It's meant to be used with a roller furler, it has the UV protection band, it's provided with hanks (#6, the regular size), has telltales, storage bag, has been stored dry and properly, and works beautifully, I tested it a couple of times. It's a quite light sail, and was ordered by the PO for racing purposes but he probably never used it, considering the condition.
Dimensions are 16'3" (foot) 41'5" (luff) 39'9" (leech). If the size works for you, come and see this one, you won't be disappointed. asking $570

- an outboard motor 8HP Tohatsu from 1998 in pristine condition. Again, very lightly used, but regularly maintained, and garage kept when not in use. Mechanics who saw this couldn't believe it was a 98. Starts right up, looks amazing inside, paint is a little faded outside, works great, very reliable, top condition. Asking $870 obo.

- a fold-up bicycle in good condition that saved my life many times when the grocery store wasn't on the shore. Winnebago, foot brake, one speed, simple straight and solid. Fits in a 30 footer lazareth, comes with a leather bag, asking $70 obo.

- some safety equipment: a lifesling 2 (asking $50), flotation cushions (5 of them, get them all for $15). Doesn't look pretty but functional condition

- a dinghy-tow system. Won't advertise it here, but whoever tried it loved it. Replaces a dinghy davits with a lot of added benefits for the coastal cruiser. Asking $590 obo for it. very good condition, never wears out, fully functional, fits any size dinghy and easy to install on any stern.

Mostly looking for some green paper$, but open to trade if someone happens to have my future new dinghy in his garage (newer sit on top kayak, 9' to 12', seaworthy with accessories) or my future new vehicle while in Tampa (non-chinese scooter, 125cc or 250cc).

Thanks for checking this out and fair winds to all!

Tags
davits, dinghy, jib, outboard