Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2012, 15:00   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Hookah Outfit & Tank

I have a complete used hookah outfit available for sale for US$500. If purchased separately you would be looking at about US$900+ worth of stuff.

It consists of a aluminum scuba tank, 100 ft of hose (Airline by J Sink) & 1st stage regulator, and a Ocean Reef Neptune II full face mask along with rapid connect hoses.

I used it to clean the boat's bottom. It has the full face mask - Neptune II that keeps your entire face dry and keeps all the little critters and debris while bottom cleaning away from your face. You keep the scuba air tank on the boat/dinghy and only wear the face mask which has a belt for going around your waist. It is a fantastic system in that you don't need a B.C. or any of the other paraphernalia. Of course you could also use it to dive shallow reefs with the tank kept in your dinghy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airline Hookah.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	49872  
Attached Images

Old 17-11-2012, 17:44   #2

Boat: Com-pac 25
Re: Hookah outfit & tank

PM sent.
Old 17-11-2012, 17:53   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo

Where is you is?
Old 17-11-2012, 21:52   #4

Forgot to mention -My Neptune II mask unit has the second stage regulator; surface air valve; quick disconnect; 2 connector hoses; swivel; and a video tape of how to use the mask along with spare parts.

I have used one of the hoses for the mask and an adaptor to connect to the end of the hookah hose. That was a challenge as the hookah air hose has one type of threads and the mask a different - but I found adaptors and got it all together. Then connect the mask to the hookah hose using the quick disconnect when ready to enter the water. You store the mask in its own carrying case separate from the hookah hose and first stage.

The equipment and I are located in Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920, USA
Old 19-11-2012, 08:55   #5

How old is the mask and what size is it?
Old 21-11-2012, 19:30   #6

Are these still available?,need reply to my questions. Also has the tank been pressure tested lately?
Old 24-11-2012, 20:51   #7

Boat: Com-pac 25

The original OP for the item is unable to respond. He would if he could. Let's give him some space.
Old 28-11-2012, 14:00   #8

Ah, a day off between operations in Florida Hospital for my ruined spinal vertebrae - don't get old folks - it really sucks! 5 fractured vertebrae in the Lumbar region and they are rebuilding them with balloons and cement - totally amazing modern medicine. And especially important as the pain from collapsed vertebrae is solid level 10 (level 11 is suicide inducing) even with massive doses of opiates.

Anyway, the mask is about 5+ years old and back then there was only one size. I have an average sized face if that helps.

The tank is aluminum and hydro-tested last in March 2011 (St. Thomas, USVI)

Price is the same with or without the tank. I just threw the tank in to get rid of one. I have 4 of them - 2 aluminum 80's; 1- ancient steel; 1- 4yr old or newer high pressure short steel tank that takes 3300psi and hold about the same air as the aluminum 80's.

I also have two complete ancient US Divers standard regulator/hoses/BC inflator hose/guages/buddy 2nd stage outfits - in other words the whole standard setup for standard SCUBA. However, they have not been used in 10 years. $100 bucks for either with a tank thrown in. You have to figure out how to get the tank from Cape Canaveral to your location - they are heavy.
Old 28-11-2012, 14:03   #9

$300.00 cash for all 3 units and I will pick it up this week and bring cash.
Old 28-11-2012, 14:50   #10

Boat: 31' homebuilt Michalak-designed Cormorant "Sea Fever"

Hang in there, Osirissail! If wishes came true, the whole CF crew would come down there and fix you with epoxy and fiberglass . . . and carbon fiber . . . and some bionic parts.
Old 28-11-2012, 16:27   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by renes View Post
$300.00 cash for all 3 units and I will pick it up this week and bring cash.
Sorry, the price for the hookah, full face mask plus one tank, if wanted, is $500.

The price for each of the two old Scuba regulators setups is $100 each with or without a tank.
Old 28-11-2012, 16:38   #12

Boat: Wittholz 39' Cutter by Kanter, CSY 37 Cutter
Re: Hookah Outfit & Tank

Everyone put osirissail in their prayers for awhile, after that kind of surgery a few prayers might help........
Old 28-11-2012, 19:47   #13

Ok, will pass. Hope you feel better, been there, surgery and all. You just live with the pain
Old 28-11-2012, 22:47   #14
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Consider advertising your gear on ScubaBoard:

ScubaBoard's Classified Section

BTW- the setup you are selling is typically called "snuba", not hookah.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:24   #15

Thank you Fstbttms - I bookmarked the website.

I am back after a very difficult recovery from the second operation. I now have 5 "refurbished" vertebrae - sort of like have a billiard ball implanted in your back. I reacted badly to the toxic brew of chemicals they pumped into me to knock me out and it has taken 5 days to be able to get out of bed for more than an hour. Thanks to everybody who expressed their concern and good wishes.

I am sending out emails/pm's to the 7 folks who sent me messages that they are interested - in the chronological order of their messages.