Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2012, 11:03   #1

Boat: Tayana 48
Island Packet 40 Faith

Island Packet 40 (1995) hull 38 is for sale currently on the Florida East Coast. we have owned her for over 9 years, and lived aboard for the last four. We have gotten to live our dream, but now we have moved back to land for more life adventures.

We will return to her in Fall of 2012 for another trip to the Bahamas, then return her to Texas until she finds a new home.

She is well equipped with diesel generator, airconditioning, wind generator, new AGM batteries, Garmin chart plotter, 60 lb CQR with 275' 5/16" chain, her dinghy and 15hp outboard hang on davits. Too much to list here.

She has everything you need and the unbelievable storage capacity that Island Packets are famous for.

She is a complete package and fairly priced at $175,000. A spec sheet is available. Delivery can be arranged.

Let's talk

David Rock
Old 14-09-2012, 19:56   #2
cruiser

Re: Island Packet 40 Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
Island Packet 40 (1995) hull 38 is for sale currently on the Florida East Coast. we have owned her for over 9 years, and lived aboard for the last four. We have gotten to live our dream, but now we have moved back to land for more life adventures.

We will return to her in Fall of 2012 for another trip to the Bahamas, then return her to Texas until she finds a new home.

She is well equipped with diesel generator, airconditioning, wind generator, new AGM batteries, Garmin chart plotter, 60 lb CQR with 275' 5/16" chain, her dinghy and 15hp outboard hang on davits. Too much to list here.

She has everything you need and the unbelievable storage capacity that Island Packets are famous for.

She is a complete package and fairly priced at $175,000. A spec sheet is available. Delivery can be arranged.

Let's talk

David Rock
Ue! 175k for older IP! must have a gold keel lol
Old 14-09-2012, 21:47   #3

Boat: C&C 34 & Sonar One Design

FYI...
1997 45' Island Packet Cutter in Sailboats | eBay Motors
Old 15-09-2012, 02:41   #4

Boat: S2-9.2 CC & IP40

sailstoo, the example you are showing looks like the entire interior was redone....it does not look like a normal IP inside.
Could it have been a storm or fire damaged rebuilt boat? It really is not a good comparison point for the 40 that the OP has for sale. Most IP40's on the market are actually more expensive than the OP's boat.
Also most normal IP45's are much more expensive than the example you list....which has been on the market for a while. I dion't know what the whole story is on that boat and I have not seen it in person but it is defiantly different and must have some issues to be at that price.
Old 15-09-2012, 06:18   #5

I will work on attaching photos as I can.

As of 9/15/2012, the average price of Island Packet 40s on Yacht World is $214,587.50.

The 40 is a very special boat and I would be happy to talk at length about all of the positive attributes of this boat. If somebody is looking for a IP40 they already know why.

If they don't know what they are looking for, a few things about this boat that stand out beyond the fact it is Island Packet:

The interior layout is outstanding. One example is the master stateroom. Checkout the pullman berth. I am 6'3" tall, I need room. Forward sleeping quarters put you close to the flow of air and the anchor platform.

The sailing characteristics are outstanding. The PHRF for this boat is less than 140. I am sure there are other moderate displacement, full keeled cruising boats with that PHRF? For a cruising boat, the cutter rigged sloop is very easily handled and versatile.

I could go on and would be happy to talk of the positive attributes of any vessel. But for now, cheers

D
Old 18-09-2012, 07:40   #6

Below is the Island Packet website address. You can go to the "Boat Ads" section and download a spec sheet. Photos will follow.

Regards
David Rock

Checkout:
IP Home Port - The Official Website For Island Packet Yacht Owners Since 1998
My email:
sailingfaith@aol.com
Old 18-09-2012, 08:19   #7

David, have you listed your boat on IPYOA.com? It is an IP owners and want to be owners site also.
Old 18-09-2012, 14:24   #8

Web Wench:

Thanks for the lead. I was not familiar with IPYOA. I can't seem to create an account, but will try later.

I just saw your post to someone from the UK looking and realized you are an IP40 owner also. Too Cool! We Packateers love our boats.

So you know all the reasons why the Island Packet 40 is such a fabulous cruising boat...

Have we met? What's the boat name?

Thanks again

D
Old 18-09-2012, 14:33   #9

We bought ours just a couple of months ago....it was in Rock Hall Md. So we probably have not met. And yes I do appreciate everything a well equiped and maintained IP has to offer.
Your application for membership at IPYOA has to be approved but you will probably get the approval once the person who reviews the members gets to your application. Our IP was actually advertised there. We joined specifically because we were looking to buy an IP.
best of Luck selling yours....they are wonderful boats and all the owners are very friendly as well!
Old 18-09-2012, 14:47   #10

Boat: islandpacket
Also try the Island packet factory site you can list boats there also. Large active site. Lots of info
Old 18-09-2012, 18:02   #11

I'll have to go check out the factory site Badsanta! I see you are also in VA! Where in VA is your IP?
Old 18-09-2012, 19:57   #12

Boat: islandpacket

Im in reedville
Old 18-09-2012, 21:22   #13

Can I come to the Bahamas with you ?
Old 18-09-2012, 22:52   #14

Boat: Deja Vu - Catalina 36 MK I

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetheleo View Post
Ue! 175k for older IP! must have a gold keel lol
Didn't your parents teach you what to do when you don't have something nice to say?

Mike
Old 20-09-2012, 11:04   #15

We are making plans (or more like intentions) to return to Faith in the very near future. Anyone interested in seeing the boat should contact us. We will do what we can to meet at mutual convenience.

Regards all