Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2014, 18:10   #1

Lagoon 380 2009 for sale in Greece

Lagoon Catamaran 380 S2 2009 in Greece
Murihiku, our Lagoon Catamaran, completely set up for cruising, is for sale by her New Zealand owners. Available now in Preveza (near Corfu) Greece.

We have spent the past three summers sailing in the Mediterranean on "Murihiku" our much loved four-cabin catamaran. We are experienced New Zealand sailors and have sourced the best equipment, and carried out regular maintenance to keep her in top condition. This boat is ready for you to take the helm and set off on your own adventure...

For detailed information please visit http://lagoon380.weebly.com

Self sufficient in the Med (watermaker, generator, solar, alternators, new batteries) - we never need to plug in or fill up with water, which makes cruising more economical.
The boat has been hauled for winter and annual servicing, and is on the hard at Cleopatra Marina in Preveza Greece. Croatia and Italy are within easy reach, or start by cruising in the gentle Ionian sea.
American wiring - including air-conditioning, all the comforts of home - sail in the Med for a few seasons, then bring her home to the US
Four cabins, two bathrooms plus extra outdoor shower
Works for women sailors and families - good bed linen, extra fridge freezer, new seat covers, well equipped kitchen, all lines lead to the helm, electric winch, even a washing machine!
Kayaks, bikes, cruising guides, life jackets, wet weather gear, full safety equipment this boat is ready to go
Owners willing to provide initial coaching on how boat systems work
Asking price [B]now $295000 - we are ready to sell - happy to deal direct (cheaper) or we can organise a broker if you'd prefer.

Detailed Description of Vessel and Inventory
North American Specs 4 cabin/Premium - Lagoon 380 PREMIUM 2009, 4 cabin 2 head & shower version
Engines, (up grade from 20hp) 2 x Yanmar 3-YM 30 SD, (29hp each)
Gennaker rig, furling
Lazy Bag, or Mainsail Stack Pack with Lazy Jacks
Electrical winch to port,(at helm station top raise main sail), Lewmar 44.2, (up grade)
Deck light on Mast
Cockpit seat cushions
Composite cockpit table
Cockpit Composite Bimini
Salon Table Convertible to Double Berth
2 person skippers seat refurbished and replaced 2014
3 AGM House batteries
Engine battery coupling stbd/port
Extra water tank(86 gal) upgrade
12v upgrade refrigerator unit, water cooled
Raymarine E-80 Display at Helm station(with nav pack 2008)
Nav Pack 2008, includes: (ST 70 tri-data, St 70 wind, at nav station and ST 6001 auto pilot)
Water proof loud speakers in cockpit
Radio CD player/MP 3 + 2 loud speakers in salon
VHF Raymarine 49 USA with DSC
Mosquito screens
English Owners manual
New Upholstery, (blue)
Larger Aluminum Fuel Tank (2 x 130L) Up grade
All fenders, lines and equipment set up for cruising

Extras on the boat
Diesel generator 5.5 Next Gen installed in port forward locker, annual service,
Batteries – three house batteries 4D DEKA AGM new in 2012, two engine batteries and generator batterynew in 2013
Alternators - Installed 2 Balmar 110Amp ALTERNATORS W/ VOLTAGE REGULATORS AND CENTERFIELDER FOR DUAL OUTPUT INTEGRATION in 2012
Wiring - Rewired AC ROTARY SWITCH AND AC HOUSE PANEL SO GENSET CAN POWER HOUSE PANEL i.e. BATTERY CHARGER, HOT WATER HEATER, AC RECEPTACLES
Navigation package: (chart chip for chart plotter, paper charts, Cruising guides for Puerto Rico-BVI, Snorkeling gear for 10pp,
10’AB RIB dinghy and Tohatsu 9.8 out board motor, on davits easy to launch and retrieve.
Receipts for most additions available, work carried out by qualified US electricians.
Freezer Engel DC 35 Fridge-FREEZER IN STORAGE SPACE under cockpit seat
Washing machine installed in salon under control panel
Liferaft 8 person canister new in 2011
Solar panels - 2 EA 135W Kyocera Solar Panels on Coach Roof W/ Blue Sky Controller to monitor electrical charge and usage installed 2011
12 V sockets – additional 3 sockets in main control panel, and 1 below in port aft cabin (very useful for using iphone for anchor alarm overnight)
Watermaker - Watermaker: moduler Cruise RO Seamaker 20 Gallons per hour, powered off the generator, installed in port forward locker, and under the port forward cabin bunk.
Central air-conditioning units Dometec, (2 x 16k BTU)
Safety equipment: EPIRB,(life jackets, Flares, Fire extinguishers, Barometer, First Aid Kits, Complete tool kit and basic spare parts, extra anchor, chain & rode)
Linens – high quality cotton sheets, Ikea duvet covers, towels and bedding for 10pp
Galley cooking equipment: (Propane BBQ with conversion option for both Mediterranean and US, pots, pans & utensils, service ware for 10pp, glasses, Ikea cutlery)
Kayaks - 2 from Westmarine stable and safe for all ages, plus paddles
Folding Cycles from Westmarine

do ask any questions - we have confidence in our boat and know the care and value we have added through sourcing good equipment and regular maintenance.

thanks

Ange
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	92002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-21 16.33.27.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	92003  

Name:	2014-06-20 14.35.09.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	92004   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-20 17.27.54.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	92005  

Name:	2014-06-20 12.56.46.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	92006   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-11 10.05.33.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	92007  

Old 21-11-2014, 00:05   #2

Re: Lagoon 380 2009 for sale in Greece

Just a quick additional note, we shipped our boat from St Thomas to Genoa in 2012 for approximately $17,000 US, we are happy to assist if you want to ship directly to the USA.
Old 25-11-2014, 20:45   #3

Would love to know how you got such affordable transportation quote. When I looked at it recently it was 50k euros for a 50ft cat from Med to Ft. Lauderdale
Old 26-11-2014, 07:41   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS

What arrangements do you have in place where you store the boat? Is it in the water most of the time or do you put it in when you want to use it and then store on land? How often did you travel over there and how long did you stay each time? Looks like a great boat.

Are US taxes paid on this?
Old 28-11-2014, 02:51   #5

HI Ikold, we used Sevenstar shipping, the price is the same as this topic is being discussed on the Lagoon Catamaran owners group on Yahoo groups. We did pay several months in advance, highly recommend Sevenstar, they did a good job for us.

cheers
Ange
Old 28-11-2014, 02:57   #6

Hi Mickmeck
We have travelled over for 3 - 4 months each Northern summer. We have hauled the boat out of the water with a travel lift, and stored it on land for the remaining 8 months, it is good for a boat to dry out, get the bottom repainted, and its safe from any weather issues. This means finding a marina that has a suitable travel lift - one of the reasons we chose the Lagoon 380 is that it fits nicely into a more commonly owned travel lift in the Med, so we have more choices for winter storage.
On a day to day basis when we are on the boat, we spend most time at anchor usually for free depending on location, probably 1 in 4 nights in a marina.

Thanks for your comments on the boat, we have found it to be a great boat.
US taxes not paid.

cheers
Ange
Old 28-11-2014, 07:49   #7

AngieW,

Thanks for the response. It took me a bit to understand 'Northern Summer' until I payed attention to your location. Which months did you actually sail? How many years did you do that? In other words, how long before you felt you saw enough and are moving on? What is an average cost to store the boat on land for 8 months? Do you have more pictures to view?

Regards,

MickMeck
Old 28-11-2014, 12:56   #8

Hi again

We have completed three seasons, and have sailed between mid-May and mid-September. The busiest month in the Mediterranean is August. We met several people who are retired who sail a longer season, however our commitments bring us back to New Zealand.

Year One: (after buying in Puerto Rico and sailing there and to St Thomas), Genoa down the Italian Riviera to Elba, across to Corsica, Sardinia, across to Sicily, through the Straights of Messina and across the boot of Italy to Greece and into the Ionian Sea where we pulled the boat out in Preveza.
Year Two: Cruising in the Ionian Sea, then up to Corfu, across to Albania, up the coast to Montenegro (amazing seeing Kotor) and into Croatia. Hauled the boat back in Bar Montenegro for the winter months.
Year Three (2014): Montenegro, Croatia (wonderful island cruising), then across to Italy and down the coast to Otranto, then back across to Corfu and into the Ionian in Greece.

The average cost for haulout and storing our boat on land for 8 months has been 3000 - 5000 Euros ($3700 - $6200 US dollars) for storage. At the same time we get the motors and outboard serviced, the anti-foul replaced, the sails stored for winter, and any other maintenance and repairs. Some people live aboard their boats over the winter in a marina, or leave it in the water. We travel back to New Zealand to continue working and catch up with friends and family.

We've covered a lot of ground and had amazing adventures. If we didn't live so far away, we'd have brought the boat back home with us.

You can see more photos if you look at our sale website on Murihiku: Our 2009 Lagoon 380 Catamaran S2 for sale by owners. Available now in Preveza, Greece - Home and also we have a blog with lots of photos of family and friends and writings about our adventures here Sea Change We didn't post much for this most recent season, because we had a Facebook account instead for the boat, and found that was a great way to stay in touch with people.

Happy to answer any questions more generally about sailing in the Med too.

cheers Ange
Old 02-12-2014, 04:40   #9

What a wonderful opportunity you are providing for some one. If it was just about 5 years from now I would be on a plane to check this boat out.
I am totally new to this and have so many questions for some one like you.
Did you continually accessorize your boat or was much of it there when you bought her?
Were you accomplished sailors before?
So many questions I have.
But alas I need to run and work so I can get there in 5.
Good luck with your sale.
I hope to talk more with you soon!
V
Old 06-12-2014, 18:02   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Frank View Post
What a wonderful opportunity you are providing for some one. If it was just about 5 years from now I would be on a plane to check this boat out.
I am totally new to this and have so many questions for some one like you.
Did you continually accessorize your boat or was much of it there when you bought her?
Were you accomplished sailors before?
So many questions I have.
But alas I need to run and work so I can get there in 5.
Good luck with your sale.
I hope to talk more with you soon!
V
Hi Victor Frank. Although the Lagoon was a 'premium' model with good specs (generator, zircon), we put a lot on the boat ourselves as we wanted to live aboard for 3 - 4 months each year, and not to pay too much in marina fees. So we added solar, alternators, a watermaker, washing machine, new batteries etc. My partner was an experienced sailor, I was pretty new. It was really stimulating, scary/exciting to be learning all these new skills in my 50s. Do ask any other questions, and good on you for having a dream

cheers
Ange
Old 07-01-2015, 01:01   #11

STOP PRESS: We are about to put our boat with a broker, and are having one last attempt at selling it ourselves before we do so. This boat is now on the market for sale for offers over $US270,000 - that is a $25,000 price drop (the cost of a broker). Check out our website for how to get in touch Murihiku: Our 2009 Lagoon 380 Catamaran S2 for sale by owners. Available now in Preveza, Greece - Homeor feel free to ask any questions here.

cheers
Ange
Old 21-01-2015, 13:02   #12

Rats, I don't have that kind of money right now. Best to the lucky person who snaps it up.

Tags
cruiser, for sale, Greece, lagoon, lagoon 380, sale