Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 22:09   #1

Boat: Hunter E33
Looking for a sailboat wholesaler

Have a 2012 hunter e33 which I'm looking to get out of quickly. Only used one season and looking to sell cheap. Any wholesales please contact me.

Thank you
Old 12-04-2013, 00:24   #2

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch
Lots of good folks here with deep pockets. Where is the sailboat located, and pics would be nice. You say fast low priced sale, what price do you have in mind?

List of equipment?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:55   #3

Located in New Rochelle, NY. Has just about every major option offered from Hunter except AC, generator and windlass. Had some systems fail early on during ownership but all has been replaced new. Boat is in like new condition. Looking for about $80k for her. Please contact me for more specifics. Thank you
Old 12-04-2013, 06:50   #4

Re: Looking for a sailboat wholesaler

I've never heard of anyone "wholesaling" used boats. I think your best bet is going to be to do some research, find a broker in your area, and list the boat at a bargain price. Good boats, at the right price, sell quickly.

Be sure that you actually say to the broker that you want the boat to sell quickly, and then listen to what he tells you about how to price it in order to accomplish that.

Good luck.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:55   #5

Boat: Finnsailer 38

Lots of boatowners in the NY area will be boat shopping since Sandy cleaned out a lot of harbors last year.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:06   #6
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Looking for a sailboat wholesaler

Post an Ad in Boats for Sale, New and Used Boats, Power, Sailing Yachts - www.yachtworld.co.uk and Yachts for sale, used yachts, new sailing yacht sales, free photo ads - Apollo Duck and Boats for Sale - Buy Boats, Sell Boats, Boating Resources, Boat Dealers, Parts and Accessories - BoatTrader.com also Sailboat Listings - sailboats for sale ... but if your looking for a car dealer type back lot... dubious... boats don't sell as fast as cars.
Some brokers will offer free storage till she sells.. but you'll get no spondoola's till she sells..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 12-04-2013, 07:16   #7
CLOD

Boat: none

same boat the OP posted all the problems about and now wants some CFer to buy or recommend to someone
Old 12-04-2013, 07:29   #8
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Looking for a sailboat wholesaler

Well one thing any prospective buyer can be sure of is a comprehensive history of the boat since new....
Not necessarily a bad thing..
Every silver lining has a cloud..
And lets face it... me passing on word about a possible 'deal boat' does not make me responsible for any bad decisions he may make afterwards..
Good luck mate..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 12-04-2013, 07:44   #9

Thanks for the opinions/advice.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02   #10

If you go back and look at the problems he's had, I think you'll go in with caution, but realizing that you could get a pretty good deal on this boat.

It appears that there were some problems with commissioning which were likely compounded by owner expectations. He bought a new boat, and expected the experience to be trouble-free, but he didn't get a survey. Big mistake. After his initial experiences, he became very distrustful of the boat.

GreggL, rather than sell the boat at a cut rate, why not get it recommissioned, going over all the potential problems? I know you feel that the dealer should have done this (and they did let you down), but if you found someone competent to go over all of the boats systems and did the necessary repairs/adjustments, I think you'd have a nice boat.

It would even be worth taking someone experienced out (paying them if necessary) on a sea trial to get the boat properly shaken down.

It just seems a shame to have come this far, learning what you've learned, but perhaps taking away the wrong lesson from it all. You have a lot of blame for Hunter and for your dealer, but cruiser forums and magazines are full of people who have had problems with new boats of any make. A big part of the problem is in the way the industry works, with various components being integrated from different manufacturers -- whoever commissions the boat has a big job, and obviously let you down. I don't think this is a "Hunter" problem as much as it is a commissioning problem.

Good luck.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:18   #11

Boat: Alberg 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
same boat the OP posted all the problems about and now wants some CFer to buy or recommend to someone
What's wrong with that? I had lots of problems with my boat... now, double the purchase price later they're all fixed, with new components and far better than new from the factory ...
I'll be selling the boat now that they're all fixed, and losing all that money and time. Much nicer to be the owner who gets the boat at a great price after all the fixing I'd think?
Old 12-04-2013, 21:04   #12

All good advice.. But after months of finally fixing everything, I'm pretty much over it. In the end wether the fault was on my dealership or hunter it's irrelevant, my confidence was shaken pretty bad out there and I'm not enjoying the sport as I should be. That's really all there is to it.
Old 12-04-2013, 21:09   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetsailing3 View Post
If you go back and look at the problems he's had, I think you'll go in with caution, but realizing that you could get a pretty good deal on this boat.

It appears that there were some problems with commissioning which were likely compounded by owner expectations. He bought a new boat, and expected the experience to be trouble-free, but he didn't get a survey. Big mistake. After his initial experiences, he became very distrustful of the boat.

GreggL, rather than sell the boat at a cut rate, why not get it recommissioned, going over all the potential problems? I know you feel that the dealer should have done this (and they did let you down), but if you found someone competent to go over all of the boats systems and did the necessary repairs/adjustments, I think you'd have a nice boat.

It would even be worth taking someone experienced out (paying them if necessary) on a sea trial to get the boat properly shaken down.

It just seems a shame to have come this far, learning what you've learned, but perhaps taking away the wrong lesson from it all. You have a lot of blame for Hunter and for your dealer, but cruiser forums and magazines are full of people who have had problems with new boats of any make. A big part of the problem is in the way the industry works, with various components being integrated from different manufacturers -- whoever commissions the boat has a big job, and obviously let you down. I don't think this is a "Hunter" problem as much as it is a commissioning problem.

Good luck.
In regard to recomissioning, any recommendations in my area? New Rochelle ny