Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 02:33   #1

Looking for Seaworthy Live-Aboard Sailing Boat

Hi folks in the marinas,
we looking for a good deal for a seaworthy blue-water cruiser sail boat starting with a size of 42. CC will be ideal and in good condition. Ketch or cutter or sloop.It can be about 40000 to 50000-to-80000 but should be then more or less ready to go (first coastal cruising but the time will come to cross the ocean )

Do you know something that is usable and a good live aboard as well bluewater cruiser? Can be formosa, hudson, hardin, tayana, csy or any other boats that got a good reputation.

I sow a Irwin 52 in Miami but this boat was first looking very nice and after I entered with my surveyor came more and more problems up and finally we have to spend about 120000 with almost do it your self to get it safe back in the water, so I cancelled the deal .
We are a small family and will live the live-aboard dream best starting this week.
We are now in Miami but end of this week we will leave. Maybe and hopefully there are something good boats that's not yet advertised here in Florida
When you know something and we get a deal I will you give a commission for that . (exempt you are a broker off course)

kind regards

Jen
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09   #2
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat
Re: looking for seaworthy live-aboard sailing boat

You use Yachtworld, right? Here's a custom search for you. I made it up to 100k because usually you can negotiate 10-20% or more off of asking price.

(Sail) Boats For Sale Florida FL
Old 10-01-2012, 15:03   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cheoy Lee, 44 Cutter. Dolce Far Niente

I know about a C&C 48 Custom in Tortola BVI for sale for $65k that is an excellent serious blue water boat, lots of room and fast to boot. Needs a little upgrading and some additional systems for extended offshore work but a very good deal. Anything you buy for $50-$60k is going to need some work the trick is to find the boat that needs the least amount. Contact me if you want the info.
Cheers, Rourke
Old 10-01-2012, 15:32   #4

Boat: Westsail 32

If I didn't already own a Westsail this would be the one.

CHRYSALIS - W43
Old 11-01-2012, 16:50   #5

Boat: 1976, CheoyLee, 40 offshore, Ballerina
Send a message via AIM to kbrown3813 Send a message via Yahoo to kbrown3813 Send a message via Skype™ to kbrown3813

I know you are looking for a 42' - we have a 1976 Cheoy Lee Offshore 40 for sale for $49,500. She sleeps 6 and is ready to set sail. We live in Cocoa, but the boat is currently in Mazatlan Mexico. If you want to see a video I made of her, this is the link:

Not sure if you would be interested or not but thought I would mention it.

Tags
sailing