Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:24   #16

Boat: catalac catamaran
Re: Lots of Stuff

South coast, guanica 00653. my phone 787-424-4557 he can call me from the burger king on the corner of hwy 116 and hwy 333. Google maps will take u right there
Old 03-07-2011, 06:22   #17

had lots of airx questions and I am no expert but I believe every answer and question has been on this forum. About auto break when batteries are full. The break works when the two leads are put together. I have a bad battery setup with one 4d and 1 8d both lead acid and nothing ever cooked yet. I have two the first was on the boat and was not working properely. I followed advice on this forum took it down and opened it up. I call it "carbon" but it was fouled enough to slow the gen down where it was not performing. SO i clean with light sand paper put it back together and it spins like crazy freely. I put put on the ohm meter and spun it by hand and it produces electricity. The other one is currently installed on the boat is doing the same thing. Cleaning and that should be that. I dont really use the wind generators at all since its a 9 meter catalac and i dont really need them. I figure with shipping you should get both used for the price of a new one. Should that prove not to be true then we will talk further. Also, the ideas on this forum about throwing the circuit boards and replacing with a $2 diode is what I am going to do if they do not sell. I like that idea. It has been pointed out to me that the price of the lites have come down since I bought new at Westmarine PR for $399. I will accept $175 for the lite. I wish I could provide more infor but I really am ignorant about wind generators. But the people or these forums have been there and done that with these things so check the posts. I live in Guanice PR 00653 south coast of PR 90 km from San Juan. You can also see the wind gens video on the boat at gosailingpr.com
Old 04-07-2011, 15:39   #18

found the original box for the airxs. For those outside the U.S. that have to poay for shipping about 12 lbs and box dimensions28" long 16" wide 9" depth. Also lots of questions about model. Box says 12 volt, also serial #6033 also sku 2079655