Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2014, 05:34   #1

Boat: Lagoon 560
Man Overboard AIS - Kannad R10

I have a Kannad Safe Link R10 that I used during the 2013 ARC. It was connected to the "On Watch" life jacket. It has a July 2019 battery expiry.

Carrying a SafeLink R10 is a must for every safety conscious sailor. using this simple to operate, yet state of the art new device ensures the ultimate chance of retrieval in a Man Overboard situation.

If you fall overboard the device will automatically alert any boat within a 10-15mile radius of your situation.

The SafeLink R10 transmits target survivor information, including structured alert messages, GPS position information and a unique serialised identity number back to the onboard plotter. An inbuilt high precision GPS receiver provides accurate position information to assist in quick recovery of survivors. It will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 7 year battery storage life.

It also features a flashing LED indicator light; to aid detection at night and a self test facility with battery use indication.

SafeLink R10 must be mounted on a lifejacket using the attachment clips provided, prior to going to sea
R10 is activated manually in an emergency situation
A unique emergency alert is transmitted to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled chart plotters
An AIS SAR emergency icon signals the requirement for urgent help in a Man Overboard situation.
Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter cursor is positioned over the emergency alert icon Provides exact location, range and bearing to locate person(s) in need of assistance.
The SafeLink R10 can be manually activated in two easy steps; when installed in the lifejacket the orange safety tab should be released, this ‘arms’ the R10 ready for use. To use, first inflate the lifejacket. When it is inflated, pull the orange tab downwards to pull the red cap off the R10. This will deploy the antenna and automatically switch ON the R10 SRS.
If fitted to a lifejacket, the R10 can become semi-automatic in operation; the action of the lifejacket inflating triggers the activation of the R10.

These are about £200 new. I'm after £120 ono. Cal me on 07771510896.
Old 26-08-2014, 05:14   #2

Boat: Lagoon 560
Re: Man Overboard AIS - Kannad R10

Make me an offer. I don't need it anymore. Any semi sensible offer considered. ;-)
Old 04-09-2014, 08:10   #3

Do you still have this?
Old 04-09-2014, 23:59   #4

Boat: Voyage Catamaran 50 ft

I hope not. I've brought it a couple of days ago !
L&N

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
ais, overboard