Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 06:53   #1

Boat: Searunner 34 Trimaran
MANUAL - 'Survivor' Watermaker

If there is anyone out there that would like a "Manual" Survivor watermaker for their ditch kit, or as a back up... (This is the big one). Due to its manual nature, It is not practical as anything BUT an emergency watermaker.

(Model # 10676104 in the West Marine catalog... sells for $2,000)

I have stored it a long time, but it is in perfect condition, except it has no membrane. (I believe they are something under $400) They are easy to install. It also needs the strainer for the end of the pickup hose.

Due to it's age, and the essential nature of its reliability, I'd suggest putting in a new seal kit as well. (easy enough to do, and about 3 hours of work)

I WILL SELL MY UNIT, AS IS, FOR $200 + shipping! If you put in a new membrane, seal kit, and hose strainer, it would essentially be a new watermaker.

It would require 4 or 5 hours to get up to snuff, but at only $200 for my "survivor" for starters, I think the total would come in at under $800, for a new $2,000 watermaker! By all means, however, confirm the pricing of these parts first. I feel sure the factory could do the above work as well, at a cost.

I'm tired of keeping this thing on consignment, take it off of my hands, cheep...

You can PM me... Mark

Tags
watermaker