Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-02-2012, 12:44   #61

Boat: Westerly Centaur. 26'
Send a message via Skype™ to familycruisers
Re: Nantai 37 Aft Cockpit - Girlfriend Had Enough ...

Buyers market, I'd be strict with price and when it dont sell...

Do you love sailing? Cant contemplate my wife ever making an ultimatum over something I love. Well, unless I started lovin' other women!!

btw, free bump, and nice looking boat!!!
Old 16-02-2012, 13:00   #62
Marine Service Provider

Boat: nantai 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by familycruisers View Post
Buyers market, I'd be strict with price and when it dont sell...

Do you love sailing? Cant contemplate my wife ever making an ultimatum over something I love. Well, unless I started lovin' other women!!

btw, free bump, and nice looking boat!!!

cool, thanks for that...
well, we havd the deal, if one of us has enough of the boatlive or sailing we go back on dryland. so there we go. i'm out on the water all day mostly, as we work as divinginstructors, so thats not to bad then...
Old 17-02-2012, 07:01   #63

Boat: Bayliner 2450 Sunbridge

That's a pretty decent looking boat http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=69571&url=

It looks like a pretty good deal for someone who wants to cruise that area.

Some gals are cut out to live on a boat in small amount of space and some don't do well with it.
Old 17-02-2012, 07:08   #64
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Ram.... from the pic's I'd say she's fine to cross the 'Pond' as is...
No need to spend a fortune.. unless you need extra's...
Yea thats what it looks like from the internet- My friends say thats to much money for them -they have never owned any boat before- so they have no idea
Old 17-02-2012, 07:41   #65

Boat: 1965 Alberg 35 #190

Pal, you most likely scared the hell out of her as well as yourself on the way down to where you now feel safe. You are only using the GF as an excuse to sell the boat and be a "local", just trying to make a living in Paradise. By all means, sell the boat; you need the cash,(you aren't going to get your price,BTW),to establish your temporary dream. Good Luck to the both of you. The Sea isn't for everyone. Thanks for making a little more room.
Old 17-02-2012, 07:54   #66

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Nantai 37 Aft Cockpit - girlfriend had enough.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauticalnomad View Post
Ive had 2 ex girlfreinds love the idea i live on a boat, It drives them crazy that its different.
But after 6 months and its i think its time you grew up and we sold the boat and we moved into a flat.
...Oh...I see we dated the same women!...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 17-02-2012, 08:26   #67

Boat: Bayliner 2450 Sunbridge

I've overheard a friend's wife tell friends that she wanted to move off the boat and back on land because she "needed a craft room". My wife would love it because she wouldn't have to move the furniture to clean the boat like she has to with the house which is rather small as it is.
Old 17-02-2012, 08:58   #68

Location: New Mexico and our S/V is in Fort Pierce..hope to be there soon and sailing.
Boat: S/V"KAREN", Pearson Alberg 35. an achilles dingy, 2 kyaks.

From the pictures of your boat.....if your GF doesn't like that boat, she won't like any sailing vessel much......Oh welllllll. Good Luck with that...
Old 18-02-2012, 08:23   #69

Boat: Bavaria, 12.3m
Send a message via Skype™ to Otia

Take your time to consider the best decision, in the mean time you could charter the boat... and the gf!
Old 19-02-2012, 09:02   #70

Boat: Westerly Centaur. 26'
Send a message via Skype™ to familycruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otia View Post
Take your time to consider the best decision, in the mean time you could charter the boat... and the gf!
Hey, if my wife and I fly down can we take her for a spin!
Old 19-02-2012, 09:08   #71

Boat: still searching

I'm with Doodles on this one. I am a female sailor and it's my boat over a male partner every time....no one is worth giving up my boat. And even if you do give up your boat and hang out for a while....it's going to end in failure. I can't help but wonder if the GF is an excuse for ridding yourself of something you are not that passionate about?
Old 19-02-2012, 09:33   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingbag View Post
I'm with Doodles on this one. I am a female sailor and it's my boat over a male partner every time....no one is worth giving up my boat. And even if you do give up your boat and hang out for a while....it's going to end in failure. I can't help but wonder if the GF is an excuse for ridding yourself of something you are not that passionate about?
It could be one of the above or both of them. Whether its a boat or anything else. If you change for another person's whim, you'll loose your sense of self. I remember the day my wife told me..."Thanks for the house but I think sailing is your thing". Of course when we were dating, she was all over me with the notion that I was a sailor living my dream. It's almost like it was a challenge for her to change all that. We lasted another 2 years before I ended up giving her the house, hot tub and dogs. I moved onto the boat. 7 years later, she lost everything. I had bounced back with...a boat and another house and no mortgage. I believe the universe gives its best to those who leave it the choice.
I wish him luck with what ever he decides. I know one thing, he's at a crossroad...but hey...who's not.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 19-02-2012, 16:24   #73

Boat: Endurance 35 Pilothouse Sloop
Send a message via Yahoo to Eco Voyager Send a message via Skype™ to Eco Voyager

Dear Newbie,

From the threads listed you will see that the majority of your fellow sailors out there are saying think twice about this move! I have been in and out of relationships all my life. My wives/girlfriends either got sea sick or got sick of boating and moved on. At first they were keen and followed me around countless boashows but when it came to the crunch oooch the boat had to go. Don't do it unless the girlfriend was there first and the boat thing is just a passing interest for you too.

BUT ... if you are a true sailor forget the woman. Stay friends and tell her she knows where to find you... on the boat! If she is worth keeping then she will come looking.

I ended up mateless for a few years. Started looking at dating sites. None worked out. You need the good old fashioned chemistry to make a relationship real. Then one day and without looking a gorgeous Brazilian girl walked into my life. She was intelligent, sexy and spoke English well. But most of all she loved boats and saw the passion for boats that I had managed to hold on to! We fell in love immediately and after just 1 month were living together and after just 18 months were married. Not one day passes that she does not tell me how much she loves both me and the boat. Here is a picture of us together:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1699 [640x480].JPG
Views:	197
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	37671

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10915 [800x600].jpg
Views:	191
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	37672

She wants to live on the boat and for one year we did that. Back in a flat again whilst we work on the boat all she says is how soon can we go back to living on it. She adores sailing and migrates to the pulpit whenever she can, her hair flowing backwards in the wind and a wonderful expression on her face. She is strong and termined too and wants to learn all there is about boats that I know and she does not.

I know I am lucky but what I really am saying here is find the right woman and do not suppress your own desires for you will never truly be happy. Keep the boat it is beautiful and will keep those gorgeous lines but will your girlfriend keep hers?

Cheers,
Colin, Australia
Old 19-02-2012, 16:30   #74

Ok...That settles it! I'm setting sail in the morning for Rio!
Old 19-02-2012, 17:22   #75

Boat: Freedom 32

Hopefully, the boat has not sold and the GF is gone. Hang on to the boat!

Tags
cockpit