Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2015, 12:31   #1

Boat: C&L Sea Ranger 36, Columbia Payne 9.6
Navik Windvane Wanted

I'm looking to purchase a complete Navik wind vane for my Albin Vega. I'm located in Long Beach, CA but am willing to pay for shipping if nothing is available locally.

Please get in contact through this forum and help a sailor out! Outfitting for a circumnavigation and don't want to be sitting at the tiller all the time.
Old 14-05-2015, 19:38   #2

Re: Navik, Windpilot or Sea Feather Windvane Wanted

Still looking, would also be interested in either a WindPilot Pacific Light or Sea Feather.
Old 14-05-2015, 19:59   #3

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: Navik Windvane Wanted

Have you considered a Mr Vane?

I have no feeling one way ta-other about them but they are intended for small boats and are pretty cheap new.
Old 15-05-2015, 04:43   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

I have a navik I was just thinking of what to do with. It is missing a few pieces which I think would be easy to replace. The connecting rod between the wind vane part and the linkage to the trim tab is missing and the little gears to rotate the wind part which could be replaced with a set screw or a line drum setup like monitor uses. I'll take $400 FOB St Augustine for it. I would prefer to take is to a local pack and ship than hassle with the packing, but I know they don't accept credit cards from out of town buyers to you'd have to send me the funds for that once it was packed I guess. Let me know.

Jeff
904-377-9403
Old 18-05-2015, 21:31   #5

Adelie - I had, but heard mixed reviews. Since you mentioned it I'm looking into them again and am especially fond of their setup offering compatibility with center-mounted outboards. Thanks for the tip.

Boatguy (Jeff) - Thanks for your offer. I'm hoping to come across a complete ready to go setup as a base from which to consider upgrades to the system. I will however keep you in mind.
Old 19-05-2015, 06:50   #6

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_Wisdom View Post
Adelie - I had, but heard mixed reviews. Since you mentioned it I'm looking into them again and am especially fond of their setup offering compatibility with center-mounted outboards. Thanks for the tip.

Boatguy (Jeff) - Thanks for your offer. I'm hoping to come across a complete ready to go setup as a base from which to consider upgrades to the system. I will however keep you in mind.
I actually had not heard any reviews either way so you are ahead of me. I assumed being a largely plastic product it would have wear issues in the long term. On the other hand it is very light and comparatively very cheap vane system.

If you reconsider Boatguy's offer, I understand that Mr. Vane also stocks Navik parts so you could get any missing part from them. I have nothing to offer regarding their customer service.
Old 19-05-2015, 09:06   #7

Boat: CSY 33 Cutter

Mr. Vane doesn't stock all replacement parts for Naviks. His supply is actually pretty limited, and the wait may be lengthy. He does carry a replacement vane head at a pretty good price (around $250 Euro shipped). You can get a good discount off his posted prices because he doesn't charge VAT for orders outside the EU, and will also discount steeply for advance orders. He is very easy to deal with.

Tags
wanted, wind, windvane