Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 09:16   #1

New pressure cooking DVD

We would like to announce the release of our new DVD, “Guenevere's Galley, Pressure Cooking”.

This video has a short Pressure Cooker Technical Talk, then moves on to 7 great tasking dishes including beef, pork, chicken, and even shows baking bread and a cake..

What started us thinking about making a video about our pressure cooker is the large number of people we keep meeting, as we cruise, that never seemed to use the pressure cooker they have on board. At one recent swap meet, we saw a nice cooker sell for US$ 0.50!

You can see info about our new DVDs on our WEB site (http://www.svguenevere.com/dvd/). You can also watch the short video into if you are interested.

If you decide you might like a copy, members of the board can use the discount code WUTQ6RWW to get US$4.00 off of the price.

We are happy to say that Eileen Quinn (Eileen Quinn - music for sailors ... and normal people) has allowed us to use some of her music in both of our two new videos. If you have not heard her music, go to her web site and listen to some of the samples. She is GREAT!

Greg & Jill
Old 02-04-2008, 12:57   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

So, this is a DVD about pressure cooking...but you don't have any pressure cooker explosions in it? Come on, you know guys want to see things blow up. Or at least, see it mythbusted that it can or can't blow up.

No exploding pressure cookers? Is this a chick-flick DVD? [VBG]

Seriously...nice idea, with or without the explosions.
Old 02-04-2008, 14:58   #3

Sorry!

May be next time we will blow one up.
OR, how about we cook a Mexican dish so hot that will blow the top of your head off??? GRIN

Greg
Old 02-04-2008, 18:21   #4

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
Reading the thread title, I thought for some unfathomable reason somebody pressure cooked a DVD.

Steve B.
Old 02-04-2008, 20:00   #5
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Greg, I can't believe Meixco has naything hotter than the Thai food I've had. Which crippled some Dutch Indonesian friends of mine who were looking for "ho" food by their home standards.<G>

Try Mild to Wild® Pepper & Herb Company: Where the Flavor meets the Heat and get their red sabanah pepper sauce if you really want to maim and damage. Another friend of mine complained nothing was hot enough and I warned him, "One drop and one drop only". After his wife confessed that he 'slapped the bottle" into his chile...he took the rest into work, where most of the co-workers were south aisians on H1B visas. They said "What, are you trying to kill us?!" because he didn't adequately warn them.<G>

But those folks have VERY good hot sauces. Not all are incendiery. It is a small company with a very attentive owner, and if he says "Be careful!" you really want to follow his advice. Used in moderation, they taste great.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:45   #6

Hellosailor,

We know what you mean! We were in Thailand off and on for some time. I (Greg) spent almost 6 months there a number of years ago and our son just got back from a 5 moths visit. We all li9ke Thailand a LOT!!

I don't think I have seen anything here is Mexico (yet) that is as hot. But we will keep looking. We have not done any extensive inland trips yet. Soooooonnnnnnn.....

Thanks for the tip, we will check out the Mild to Wild site.

As a general rule, we not that much into the VERY HOT stuff.. But, we do like tangy food with a bit of a back bite to it. Stuff to make you know you are live. We really like stuff that has a very good flavor to it. Not just heat.

Greg
Old 01-05-2008, 03:49   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Our own [Greg & Jill] Delezynski offer some great advice in their Good Old Boat magazine article (Issue 60, May/June 2008): “Cruising with a camera”. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ski-10903.html

Old 01-05-2008, 07:33   #8

Excellent! Seriously considering buying the DVD after watching the nifty video clip.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:01   #9

GordMay,

Tanks for letting us know it got printed!
We are still on the Baja and it may be up to a month before we get a chance to see it.
We hope it looks good and people get info from it!

Greg & Jill
Old 01-05-2008, 10:40   #10

Speedo, and others....

I just got a note that told me the running time of the video is not on our web page. as soon as I can I will update our pages. We are in La Paz on the Baja, so it may take a few days.

But until then, the running time on our Pressure Cooking DVD is 97 min.

Greg
Old 02-05-2008, 05:09   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
In their Good Old Boat article (“Cruising with a Camera”), Greg and Jill Delezynski explain how they began making videos of their cruising adventures on the West Coast of North America (San Francisco to the Baja). Once they had the video footage, they learned how to edit and package these stories of their travels as DVDs . . . on a budget and while living aboard in a small space.
This supplement to their article presents the how-to steps for those who are interested in producing DVDs for fun or profit. Greg and Jill used Windows Movie Maker software, but the process is similar to those used in other video-editing applications.
Goto:
http://www.goodoldboat.com/reader_se...oviemaking.php