Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2011, 13:55   #16

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Re: Our Dream Changed

We have friends that had a cat and it got too much for them. It was a Manta and that boat is known to be easy sailing short handed. Plus they said that so often they found they were motor sailing anyway.

They now have a motor vessel. It is a cat though. They know cats are far more "comfy".

But the price of a cat can hurt.

Best of luck.

My cat is small and easy to handle by just me but is not specifically rigged with all to the cockpit. It can be hard at times. Many times.
Old 19-10-2011, 13:56   #17

Boat: Hunter 41DS
Thumbs up Re: Our Dream Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
When I read that post I'm wondering if it is genuine.... the wording, mistyping etc make me think of the spam email we received from Nigeria or else ..............
in my family there was a lot of military personel... never this kind of assets even in our dreams
in my family there was a lot of military too but I the only one with that kind of asset not they were not able to do it , is you have to do a lot of sacrifice to do it, my wife is only 45 and I'am 52 years old and we can retired i thing this is pretty good and we will have o lot of time to enjoy our retirement. and do what other peoples were doing (party) when we are working as hell.

PS we are both retired from air forces.
Old 19-10-2011, 14:07   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
We have friends that had a cat and it got too much for them. It was a Manta and that boat is known to be easy sailing short handed. Plus they said that so often they found they were motor sailing anyway.

They now have a motor vessel. It is a cat though. They know cats are far more "comfy".

But the price of a cat can hurt.

Best of luck.

My cat is small and easy to handle by just me but is not specifically rigged with all to the cockpit. It can be hard at times. Many times.
Thanks for your replay

We are looking at all the potability to make it better for the wife to enjoy, we don't have to mush attachment on material , we are at a point in life that we can afford to sale what we own and travel for many years to come.
and retired somewhere in a place we fall in love.
Old 19-10-2011, 14:21   #19

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Or a third idea...get he wife more comfortable physically.. Is it something like osteoarthritis or something degenerative like RA? is there something that can help her condition? I have a friend that swears by eating 9 raisins soaked in gin daily for arthritis pain. (haven't tried this) And no she isn't a heavy drinker! I think addressing the physical issues will help regardless of which boat fulfills your dream. There are a lot of studies out showing vitamin deficiencies can cause pain. I'd seek out a good physician, naturopath and possibly a chiropractor to explore these over the winter. I personally don use a chiropractor but many people swear by them. It's just a different perspective of the same issue.

SC
Old 19-10-2011, 14:59   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcruiser View Post
Or a third idea...get he wife more comfortable physically.. Is it something like osteoarthritis or something degenerative like RA? is there something that can help her condition? I have a friend that swears by eating 9 raisins soaked in gin daily for arthritis pain. (haven't tried this) And no she isn't a heavy drinker! I think addressing the physical issues will help regardless of which boat fulfills your dream. There are a lot of studies out showing vitamin deficiencies can cause pain. I'd seek out a good physician, naturopath and possibly a chiropractor to explore these over the winter. I personally don use a chiropractor but many people swear by them. It's just a different perspective of the same issue.

SC
thanks

my wife is supported by a lot of doctors to manage her pain during a normal day but we are looking to change because our sail boat required a lot of work and we want to be able to visit places and not to be to mush in pain due extra requirement on the trip (sail) we love the nature and meeting new peoples and new culture.
Old 19-10-2011, 15:58   #21

Quote:
When I read that post I'm wondering if it is genuine.... the wording, mistyping etc make me think of the spam email we received from Nigeria or else ..............
in my family there was a lot of military personel... never this kind of assets even in our dreams
He is miss spelling because he is french from Québec!!! When you move up the ranks in the Canadian Armed Forces you can do very well....$100,000+
Old 19-10-2011, 19:29   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantheJet View Post
He is miss spelling because he is french from Québec!!! When you move up the ranks in the Canadian Armed Forces you can do very well....$100,000+
Thanks for your replay and yes you are right we are from Quebec, Canada and yes you can make $100,000+ in military and it has nothing to do how mush $$$ you are making it what you doing with it..
Old 19-10-2011, 19:45   #23

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

Quote:
I' was born and raised in France
I came to the USA in 1982

I was not in the military or else, but my English is quite correct, not basic.

Moreover French Canadian speak perfect English for most of them, more over in the military

I'm just saying be careful guys
Old 19-10-2011, 20:36   #24

Boat: looking

Mario & Lyne,
Just a suggestion, might want to put price of items & general location(city). Best of luck with your sale & new life!
Mike
Old 19-10-2011, 20:41   #25

Boat: looking

Quote:

Moreover French Canadian speak perfect English for most of them, more over in the military

How do we know that you're not Nigerian?
Old 19-10-2011, 20:44   #26

Quote:
Quote:

Si tu est si intelligent que ça, tu est vraiment pas informer si tu pense qu’au Québec la majorité des habitants du Québec parle anglais tu devrai venir faire un tour au Saguenay lac ST Jean et essayer de te faire comprendre en anglais tu aurais un choque de ta vie.

Se n’est pas a cause que tu a eu une mauvaise histoire avec Nigeria que tous le monde sont des escroc, Je n’est rien a gagner.
Oui je suis enrôler dans les Air Forces a 17 ans et j’ai 35 ans de service et ma femme elle a fais 20 ans. Et elle a pris sa retraite medicale a 38 ans.

Je sent un peut de la jalousie dans tes propos.

Ses notre histoire et nous en somme très fière.

If you are so intelligent you are really miss inform about people from Quebec if you thing that every person in Quebec speak English. You should try to visit Saguenay lac ST Jean north of Montreal and try to get serve in English we will be waiting a long time to get something.

It not because you had a bad experience with Nigeria that all people are like them..

And yes I joint the Air Forces at 17 and retired at 51 with 35 years of service and my wife was medically retired with 20 years service with at 38.

And YES we are proud VETERAN and will celebrate the 11 November and if you do not know what is that day this is the day that CACADIAN REMENBER ALL SERVICES MEN AND WOMEN THAT SERVE AND DIE FOR THERE COUNTRY.

I feel a bit envious for our situation from you.
This is our live story and we are proud of it.
Old 19-10-2011, 20:46   #27

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Quote:

I've worked with some Canadian forces in Afghanistan for joint missions. While many do speak good english, it's not even accross the board. I worked with one unit (artiliary) that operated almost entirely in French and while the leadership knew English, some of the lower ranking didn't know much. Also worked with another individual from Vancouver who didn't know French at all. Although I understand the caution, I don't see it necessary.

Welcome Mario, nice to meet you.
Old 19-10-2011, 20:49   #28

Thanks and will do.
Our sale boat is at Lakes Champlain and we ask 235k is fully equip for it the house is located near Montreal and the asking price is 435k estimated over 500k and they are price to sale
Old 20-10-2011, 05:55   #29

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Mario and Lyne

OK
Sorry my mistake
Thank you for answering (on the forum by the way) my private message that I sent you in French.
But there is so many scam in the internet that old people like me are becoming very suspicious
And , sorry, no bad feelings but I had a very good laugh as I have seen that even in French you have problem with spelling !!! Just like my son ! That makes me understand my mistake
So please accept my apologies
Old 20-10-2011, 05:57   #30

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_78 View Post
I've worked with some Canadian forces in Afghanistan for joint missions. While many do speak good english, it's not even accross the board. I worked with one unit (artiliary) that operated almost entirely in French and while the leadership knew English, some of the lower ranking didn't know much. Also worked with another individual from Vancouver who didn't know French at all. Although I understand the caution, I don't see it necessary.

Welcome Mario, nice to meet you.
Thanks Dan for the info.
Alec