Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2016, 16:51   #1

Pactor P4Dragon DR-7803 w/bluetooth, cables. ferrites, line isolator, more!

Hello again folks!

Selling the other half of my HF/SSB kit here. See my other post for the M802 radio and tuner package.

This one is a beautiful Pactor P4 Dragon DR-7803 top-of-the-line Pactor IV modem. It's the same as the DR-7800 but it also has a bluetooth chip which works fantastically with Mac and Windows PCs (I used both with this, so I can personally verify it does work well). This bad boy is $2018 new. It is fully backwards compatible with Pactor modes III, II, and I, as well as working with Sailmail and Winlink beautifully. Sailmail has P4 modems in several locations (maybe all by now?) and it is a HUGE benefit to cut through noise and pick up low signals when you really need to. I can't tell you how impressed I was even by the upgraded noise immunity in slower modes too. It's a massive upgrade from older Pactor modems and, in my experience, it is totally worth the money.

I'm including a COMPLETE cable package for the M802 radio (plug and play, nothing else needed) PLUS two flying-lead cables for installing with any other radio ($150 value for the set).

Also, because you folks are awesome here, I'm including a complete set of ferrites (everything necessary, because I've used this exact kit with that radio and have had ZERO interference problems and EXCELLENT reception even thousands of miles away in bad conditions) and the very awesome Radio Works T-4 Line Isolator. That's another $100 or so of bonus items.

Here's the complete list of exactly what you're getting:
  • Pactor P4 Dragon DR-7803 Pactor IV Modem with Bluetooth
  • Modem to iCom Control Cable
  • Modem to iCom Audio Cable
  • Modem to flying lead control cable (for interfacing to other radios)
  • Modem to flying lead audio cable (for interfacing to other radios)
  • Radio Works T-4 Line Isolator
  • Complete set of ferrites for M802 install (4x each for all data, control, and audio cables)

So, all told that's $2018 + 150 + 100 = $2268 worth of stuff (not counting shipping and/or tax in your area).

My price? $1699 including shipping anywhere in the US or Canada. This is the best deal on this incredible modem you're likely to ever get. I'll ship anywhere else you want too, but you'll need to pay actual shipping for that.

Best of all, if you buy it with my M802 that I'm selling in another thread, I'll knock another $200 off and ship them together to save you the extra.

So, this is basically a turn-key Sailmail kit ready to plug and play with your M802 for all your radio email, packet, and data needs, right here.

For those of you wondering about the bluetooth, let me just say that it's a huge benefit when you're at sea to not have extra cables to your laptop. Cables are clutter, and for the ones you plug and unplug frequently they invite corrosion and are subject to damage. Bluetooth works very reliably, it's entirely wireless, and best of all you don't need to have your computer right next to your modem, so yu can mount the modem somewhere safe and dry and put the computer anywhere in the cabin that suits you. This can really help when the family wants to read an email together or the chart table is taken up by actual charts when someone else needs to send/receive the weather GRIBs. Super super handy, I can't emphasize it enough.

I'll take Paypal to any verified address, exclusive of fees.

If you want to know a bit more about me, I'm an ASA certified sailing and navigational instructor, a USCG licensed master with an inland coastwise endorsement, an electrical engineer, and an Extra class licensed HAM operator (callsign KI1L). I've professionally installed SSB/HF and VHF systems for marine and land use, and am very happy to answer any pre- or reasonable post-sales questions you may have. I'd be keeping this gear for myself if I had any plans to use it in the next five years, but right now I'd rather someone else benefit from it rather than it sit around unused.

If you buy it through this forum, I'll make a nice donation to the site too.
Old 09-04-2016, 17:56   #2

Re: Pactor P4Dragon DR-7803 w/bluetooth, cables. ferrites, line isolator, more!

Item is currently located in MONTREAL, QC, CANADA.

Tags
cables, pactor