Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2014, 10:49   #1

Boat: Pearson Triton
Pair of Bronze Oval Opening Portlights w/Trim Rings

For sale is a pair of oval bronze opening portlights with their exterior trim rings. I bought a set of six of these for refitting my Triton but only four of them fit well in the previous openings.

These are solid, hefty, and well-built. The portlight measures 10" wide and 7" high. Spigot depth is approximately 7/8", measured from the back of the portlight. Cutout dimensions are approximately 7 1/4" wide and 4 3/8" high. Trim ring is 9 1/2" wide and 6 5/8" high.

All hardware is intact and working properly. Upper hinges pivot fine as do the threaded studs. Mounting holes are for #10 fasteners. All four dogs are included and turn easily on the threads. All 16 screws (8 per) for the rings that hold the panes turn well.

The trim rings slide over the spigot to accommodate different cabin side thicknesses. Please note the holes on interior and exterior do not line up because these were originally screwed from each side. On the four I installed I drilled an additional set of holes, through-bolted them and that worked great but I'll leave that choice up to you.

I've done some initial cleanup but these will need new gaskets for the closing portion and new sealant for the glass pane. I had good luck with a Bomar gasket, part # gp904-09, but I'm sure you could find a good option at a well-stocked hardware store, or get online and find something on McMaster Carr.

$250 for the pair w/ free US shipping (I'd prefer not to ship internationally but if you're interested we can potentially discuss it and determine a fair rate) I'm in Marina del Rey, Los Angeles, just in case you're local.

Pictures below and thank you for looking.

Tags
portlights