Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2010, 14:21   #1

pirate Panama Bareboat Wanted

Experienced Great Lakes sailors (1973 Tartan 41) would like to rent a SAILBOAT from someone in S.E. or S. Western Panama area for 3-5 days in February. Having trouble finding a company that does bareboat charters in this area. If there's a boat wanted thread here somewhere, steer me to it, please.
Dixon in Michigan.
Old 15-10-2010, 14:30   #2
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
I don't recall seeing one either side of the canal.
Certainly not in Colon (they would lose too many guests to gun shots...) and none in Panama city. Don't know for the more touristy places.

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 15-10-2010, 14:35   #3

I'd be nice if I could find a sailor/cruiser who would trust us (me, the wife and another couple, all non-smokers) with their boat for a few days. Maybe they'd like a break on land (and all that might entail) and would like to make a little money. We're talking about spending about two weeks in Costa Rica and Panama and would like to be under sail some of that time.
Old 21-10-2010, 04:55   #4

Cosat Rica charter wanted for Xmas

My daughter, her BF, his mother and I would like to charter or join a small group to spend a week or two along the Dominical area and south, not too far. We are blue water sailors, not looking for passages, only gunkholing and scuba. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
mm
Old 27-10-2010, 09:43   #5

Boat: rh52 - ron holland design - 52' - Renegade
Hi,
I am in the San Blas and find these waters a paradise... There is a charter company here named "San Blas Sailing". Also on the other side there is a Sailing School - don't know much about it thought.
Good luck!!
Old 27-10-2010, 10:14   #6
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
The sailing school is pretty dead. We spent 2 months in the Las Brisas anchorage walking past the school almost daily. We never saw a boat in the water. There is a blue Bene in the anchorage for charters, and not run by the owner. The owner may be agreeable to a charter if he could be found. The home port of the boat is San Francisco. The only person I have an e-mail for will return to Las Brisas in early Nov. If you are still looking drop me a line after the 8th. I will ask them to inquire. IMHO your best time will be in the San Blas.........i2f

Tags
bareboat