Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 06:44   #16

Re: POP Yacht Sales

Number of first time posts here, take those into account as well with your decision, I've see enough issues with this company to call them into question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida View Post
I just bought a Hunter 380 through them. Great buying experience. The POP stands for paid on performance. If a broker doesn't perform well, IE; return emails and phone calls in a timely manner, they are given there walking papers. If you are selling, I believe they charge 10% commission.
Old 07-12-2014, 17:09   #17

Boat: Hunter 27

This is another first time post, so beware!!

I listed my boat for sale on several craigslist sites in South Florida. After a couple of weeks, I got a call from POP Yachts saying they would list it with the provision that I could still sell it myself. I was a little skeptical but with no calls from my ads signed up with POP Yachts. A POP agent drove down from Miami to Key West and took tons of pics of my boat and set up the ad on their website. After a month or so I finally get a call from someone who had seen my craigslist ad and wanted to see the boat. On the drive down to Key West to show the boat, ironically, I get a call from POP yachts that they have someone that would like to see the boat on the same day. I show the boat to the Craigslist buyer and 3 hours later to the POP buyer and they both want the boat. I'm obligated to the first offer and tell the POP buyer that. The next day the POP buyer offers $5000 more but I have to say no. I'm sure he was disappointed but the POP agent gave me no hassle at all about me selling the boat myself.
Old 07-12-2014, 19:45   #18

Nice to hear. I have not purchased yet so am happy to about your experience with them. Some of the other posts have made me a little nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
sale, yacht