Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2011, 03:17   #1

Boat: IP 38
Price Drop - The Time Has Come

1989 Island Packet 38 is ready for you to stock and sail off where ever your heart desires. Many new upgrades including a new Yanmar with factory Warranty, that makes this fine lady hard to beat. This boat has know nothing but love and care. Are to the point where we have to be near family and work. so she is up for sale. Two Not Available - Home

Old 25-01-2011, 18:46   #2

Island Packet

Where is she?
Tell me about any ocean passages.
Old 25-01-2011, 18:54   #3

Island Packet

I need information about long ocean passages on the Island Packet. Have you crossed any oceans? If so, please let me know what your overall impression was. Would you recommend this boat for ocean crossings?

Where can I see your boat?
Old 26-01-2011, 02:21   #4

The main reason I bought this boat was the reputation of IP being a blue water boat. And the structure/ desinge makes sense to me, full keel solid one piece construction. In the very worse case scenario she could take a hit and survive.
As far as ocean crossing I have not made that accomplishment, the Twonotavailable and present crew only crossed the gulf stream and basked in the Bahamas.
To see her at this time you would need to contact our broker greghaught@unitedyacht.com both the boat and the broker are in Stuart FL 34994, by. Ocean just in the St. Lucie inlet on the Atlantic side of Florida.
Old 26-01-2011, 12:09   #5

Boat: 43' Vista Aft Cabin 'Victoria"
You picked a great broker! Honest and respected. Well done.
Old 26-01-2011, 15:23   #6

Thank you we agree!
Greg has worked very hard for us in this venture, any one who meets him has met a true friend.
Old 28-02-2011, 09:59   #7

Re: Price Drop - the Time Has Come

What a great looking boat. I noticed the new engine. I'm looking at similar boats and wonder if you could share the approximate cost involved in a re engine? Thanks.

Jeff
Old 02-03-2011, 01:39   #8
cruiser

Re: Price Drop - The Time Has Come

i am moving from So Cal to Florida, and will actually be in Stuart tomorrow evening...

Stuart was 'first' on my destination list... What is the asking price?

I will contact the broker, but dont want to bother him if it is way outside my budget?

Unfortunately, my budget was affected by some 'travel expenses' this week.. my transmission blew outside of Tuscon on last tuesday and I was stuck there for almost 5 days.. and other more fun stuff.

but, if the boat is within my budget, I would be very happy to find a boat in my first choice of cities....

I am pulling a uhaul and will need to off load it and store my stuff into a self storage place, (and am not sure where one is and where your boat and or other marinas are)

after that, I will be looking hard for boats, and if unsuccessful, i will have to rent a house or apartment, and most of them want 'leases'...

I would rather spend my money on my boat..

anyways, let me know, and best luck to ya'

bill
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32   #9

We are at $129500.00
Make an offer. Here is our broker, great guy he has managed everything for us. greghaught@unitedyacht.com cell (772) 475-6030
Living on a boat makes perfect sense to me, and I say do it while you can!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:35   #10

I have a Cape Dory 27' I am restoring, almost done and is for sale. I live in Stuart as well. Cape Dory's are strong sailing boats, you could live on this one as well. Give me a call, Randy 772-692-4818