Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 20:19   #1

Boat: Trawler, Aquila 35, 40 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to mofsubic
Raymarine RL70 Display

My display went bad and I would like to get a new used one.
Could use part no.
E52032
or
E52031
Monocrome is ok.
any suggestions welcomed

Lee Baldwin
Olongapo city, Philippines
Old 06-04-2016, 07:38   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds
Re: Raymarine RL70 Display

pls see my post to the guy who had been offering one but is now sold (which you missed). Mine is the RL70C (colour), includes sun cover and maybe some cables. £75 ono but maybe you are too far away for delivery! Let me know if interested. Charting chip is not included.
Old 06-04-2016, 17:28   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMetals View Post
pls see my post to the guy who had been offering one but is now sold (which you missed). Mine is the RL70C (colour), includes sun cover and maybe some cables. £75 ono but maybe you are too far away for delivery! Let me know if interested. Charting chip is not included.
Dear Salty:
Yes I am interested. I am only going to use it as a slave / repeater unit for my other unit which has the Charting Chip.
Can you look at the back and give me the part number, and the Serial No. for this unit. Also do you know the purchase date for the RL70C
I could get a shipping price if you can estimate the package size and the weight after packing.
thanks again for your response.
Regards
Lee Baldwin
Ps Not sure what ‎£75 ono is. I know the 75 is UK pound

Lee Baldwin
Old 07-04-2016, 01:45   #4

Dear Mofsubic, The RL70C plotter is original fitment with the boat which is March 2004. It has been used as the slave so is most likely exactly what you need. Am in London right now but will be down at the boat sun/Mon next we and will check number for you on the back. Reverting.

Where are you?
Andrew
Old 07-04-2016, 02:09   #5

Quote:
Dear Mofsubic, The RL70C plotter is original fitment with the boat which is March 2004. It has been used as the slave so is most likely exactly what you need. Am in London right now but will be down at the boat sun/Mon next we and will check number for you on the back. Reverting.

Where are you?
Andrew
Dear Andrew:
Thank you and I will await your advice.
I am an American Located in the Philippines for 20 years now.
Living in the the old American Navy Base area now called " The subic Bay Management authority' SBMA' or also called "Subic Bay Freeport Zone" SBFZ

We are a brokerage company so shipping will be easy for me.
Look forward to receiving your info.

Best Regards
Lee Baldwin

Lee Baldwin
Old 11-04-2016, 13:45   #6

Dear Lee,

I have some pics for you if you wish to see them but better perhaps if you send me PM w yr email addr.

OK, i took the cover OFF today. it is in a Pod. The label on the back of the unit says
E52033H (followed by a last letter which i think is a "B")

mine is mounted in a Pod for which the external dimensions are 15 (W) X 9 1/2(H) X 5 1/2 (Depth)". I hv pics if you wish to see how it was done.

i am keeping the Pod but it looks to me that when this unit is taken out you will also get a cable and plug which plugs into the unit. Once again, the pics tell the story.

so ls let me know if this is what you want.
Andrew
Old 11-04-2016, 18:09   #7

Quote:
Dear Lee,

I have some pics for you if you wish to see them but better perhaps if you send me PM w yr email addr.

OK, i took the cover OFF today. it is in a Pod. The label on the back of the unit says
E52033H (followed by a last letter which i think is a "B")

mine is mounted in a Pod for which the external dimensions are 15 (W) X 9 1/2(H) X 5 1/2 (Depth)". I hv pics if you wish to see how it was done.

i am keeping the Pod but it looks to me that when this unit is taken out you will also get a cable and plug which plugs into the unit. Once again, the pics tell the story.

so ls let me know if this is what you want.
Andrew
Dear Andrew:
Please send pictures.
I find an E52033 but dont find anythinig with an "H" added.
I do find:
Raymarine Radar RL70C HB E52033

It does say it is a RL70C pathfinder display using the E52033

Please send the pictures.
When you say "POD" I have assumed you mean dash mount enclosed.

Please show a picture of the screen, sometimes they have sun spots on the screen if left in the sun without a cover.

Thanks again, looking forward to the picts

Lee Baldwin
Old 12-04-2016, 04:23   #8

Lee, I attach some pics for you. The larger plug which you can see in the pics is only about 1ft long and the cable is then stripped and plugged into press-fit connectors. i will check with the electronics guy tmrw morning but i suspect i can give you the plug and cable as well since my new one will have its own.

The sun is behind me right now (beautiful day here in S England) so i will take a pic of the screen this evening when you can see the screen better in a pic. Don't think it has any sunspots. in fact the boat maybe 12 yrs old but v little used. Only 700hrs on the engine and 2,700Nm on the log. The display has always been protected in a pod. Rest of the time the display has had its sun-cover fitted and then there is a canvas cover that goes over the whole console & wheel so the display will have seen very little daylight in the last 12 yrs!

I am obliged to reduce the memory size of the pics in this forum but if you give me yr email addr i can send you the originals but think the small ones are probably good enough.

I hope i got the procedure correct to add the pics. Note, depending on how you intend to fix it the unit also has the fittings on the side if you mount it in a standard bracket instead of protected inside a pod.
so let me know
Andrew

Old 12-04-2016, 20:25   #9

Quote:
Lee, I attach some pics for you. The larger plug which you can see in the pics is only about 1ft long and the cable is then stripped and plugged into press-fit connectors. i will check with the electronics guy tmrw morning but i suspect i can give you the plug and cable as well since my new one will have its own.

The sun is behind me right now (beautiful day here in S England) so i will take a pic of the screen this evening when you can see the screen better in a pic. Don't think it has any sunspots. in fact the boat maybe 12 yrs old but v little used. Only 700hrs on the engine and 2,700Nm on the log. The display has always been protected in a pod. Rest of the time the display has had its sun-cover fitted and then there is a canvas cover that goes over the whole console & wheel so the display will have seen very little daylight in the last 12 yrs!

I am obliged to reduce the memory size of the pics in this forum but if you give me yr email addr i can send you the originals but think the small ones are probably good enough.

I hope i got the procedure correct to add the pics. Note, depending on how you intend to fix it the unit also has the fittings on the side if you mount it in a standard bracket instead of protected inside a pod.
so let me know
Andrew
Dear Andrew:
The pictures were great.
I will mount with the side Knobs on the U-bracket. Hoping you have the U-bracket which will allow mounting with the Knobs, I see the screw holes in the side of the unit for the knobs. I have assumed the screen cover will come with it. It is what i need.
You had mentioned 75 UK pounds for payment.
How do I send you the money for the unit.
and could you send the unit to the United States for Me. It is hard to get it over thru customs via regular mail or a carrier.
Let me know your thoughts on both and thanks for the pictures.
the cables are not necessary since i had the ones for my old one.
Cheers
Lee Baldwin
otto@mof-subic.com

Lee Baldwin
Old 12-04-2016, 20:25   #10

Dont know how that attachment above got there

Lee Baldwin