Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 12:26   #1

Boat: Tashing Toshiba 36, INDIGO
Raymarine ST-7000 Autopilot Course Computer

Wife and I have a Tashing 36 with dual autopilot systems, one of which has a defunct Autohelm ST-7000, Type 100 12V Course Computer. Our Autohelm 6000 works great, but the ST-7000 is the one that supplies our instruments.
Anyone have a decent ST-7000 Course Computer laying around that you might have replaced? We have seen 3-4 on Ebay for around $135, but weren't ready then. The boat is back active again, and we would like to get our wind instruments back up and running with this computer.
Problems with these older computers is that they are no longer repairable, as far as the factory and any of the shops that we have been able to find. If anyone knows of anyone who will repair them, or has one, we would be very interested. The durned things work so well we aren't anxious to replace them.
Contact us via PM
Old 09-09-2010, 13:57   #2

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
I think I have a st-7000+ some where on the boat as I replaced it with the smaller control head when I re-did my instruments on the pedestal. I'm not on the boat until next Tueday and will have to find it. I'll sell it to you if I can find it. Do you need the core pak or the control head. The control head will display all instruments on the sea-talk bus but not run the course off your plotter with out the core pac. The core pac is the "computer" and will cost you around 1k.
Old 09-09-2010, 15:24   #3

Boat: Jeanneau, SO 42.1 "Far Niente"
I have a S3G Raymarine that I'm going to list on Ebay, however it's worth more than you are budgeting.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:37   #4

Boat: Tashing Toshiba 36, INDIGO
Autohelm ST-7000

Quote:
Originally Posted by speciald@ocens. View Post
I think I have a st-7000+ some where on the boat as I replaced it with the smaller control head when I re-did my instruments on the pedestal. I'm not on the boat until next Tueday and will have to find it. I'll sell it to you if I can find it. Do you need the core pak or the control head. The control head will display all instruments on the sea-talk bus but not run the course off your plotter with out the core pac. The core pac is the "computer" and will cost you around 1k.

THANK YOU for your reply, speciald. I do need to be clear that what we need is the Course Computer, which is a cast metal box with heavy fins molded in, about 11" long by 4" wide, mounted separately in the boat. It has a long terminal board under a side cover, and on the right side of the terminal board are two 3-wire terminals labeled very clearly, "SeaTalk".
What I think you are describing is the control head which is mounted in the cockpit for easy access to the controls.

Direct Email is tdpilot*at*gmail*dot*com

Thanks again,

Lee Taylor
Old 22-09-2010, 09:04   #5

Boat: Catalina 400 Crew Zen, Bree Zen
I would like to buy the ST7000 autopilot display that you replaced, i need the larger one. Possible?

Tags
autopilot