Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 19:10   #1
Marine Service Provider

Raytheon Pathfinder SL70 Radar

Only turned this thing on a handful of times, since I got the boat. I'm heading to warmer climates, where I won't really need it as much and not really planning any big night crossings. So I'd rather have one less thing to worry about breaking, less clutter at the helm, less shade on my solar, cash in my pocket now, and a little less weight on my davits that are held on by duct tape at the moment. Pedestal is included, and I do have the manual.

Since I saw one that sold on here for $500 just over a year ago, I guess I'll start the bidding at $500.

And if you're going to be in Annapolis for the show, and/or the next few days you could pick save on the shipping. If that's the case, please respond with your phone #, would make it much easier for us to connect.

Old 08-10-2010, 20:46   #2

Boat: Endurance 35 Pilothouse Sloop
Send a message via Yahoo to Eco Voyager Send a message via Skype™ to Eco Voyager
I would like to buy your radar unit please

Hi,

I have also replied to you on the SSCA forum so we are the same buyers.

I will definately take the radar and sl70 display with cables for $500. Please can you send your bank details to me at eos2voyage@hotmail.com

As I have to ship it to Sydney, Australia I will not takethe support pole. I will put it up the mast anyway. On the internet I found that the radar dome is 6.5kgs can you advise the weight of the rest of it for me. Where are you located at the moment ie what would be the nearest point of shipment for you. I am keen to get it shipped as soon as possible as i am ready to leave on our cruise just need a radar fitted before I venture out.

It will be going to a good vessel as we are setting out on a quest to help remote marine ecology systems on board our boat "Eco Voyager".

Cheers,
Colin and Adriana
Old 11-10-2010, 06:28   #3
Marine Service Provider

I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not on SSCA.

Still have to uninstall it. Easiest way for me would be paypal. Rough guess may be about $100 to ship, but obviously won't know until it's packed and ready to go.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:09   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to Eco Voyager Send a message via Skype™ to Eco Voyager
Re buying your radar dome and display.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the confusion but it was an identical unit for the same price worded very similar to yours. Anyway I am keen to buy your one. Can you advise your paypal details as I am on Paypal too and can arrange payment straight away... well in the morning as it is middle of the night here now and I am hitting the sack!!

If you prefwer you can email me direct at: eos2voyage at hotmail dot com

Cheers,
Colin
Old 11-10-2010, 18:45   #5
Marine Service Provider

I'll keep you posted. Looks like someone more local may be taking it. Much easier for me than packing it and trying to find a FedEx on the ICW.
Old 12-10-2010, 18:33   #6

That's a shame as I thought it was all agreed. Look I am ready right now to transfer the money to you. Then you can take your time to find a fedex guy. I really need a radar and seems like noone here is selling there's at the moment which is suprising as they seem to be selling the new broadband ones so heaven knows i reckon the Aussies just chuck the old ones in the bin. There is not so much call for radars here as fog is very rare and rain squalls usually last only 15-30 minutes. So I have no choice but to buy overseas and ship the damn thing. I can't afford a new one!

So if you would like to get it all sold right now i can pay you straight away by Paypal.
Colin
Old 12-10-2010, 20:19   #7
Marine Service Provider

Sorry. I had it listed in a few places, and the other person responded the same time as you.

It's not about taking my time. Someone meeting me on the ICW with cash is much easier than finding a FedEx location near the water, and going there and packing it, especially since I don't have a car. If it falls through, you are #2 on the list, though.
Old 15-10-2010, 19:09   #8

Boat: 1984 lafitte 44
Is the radar still available. Heading to the eastern shore on saturday. Email me at caljah@Mac.com

Thanks
Old 18-10-2010, 20:40   #9
Marine Service Provider

It's still here, in Elizabeth City now. Someone is supposed to take it when I reach Wrightsville, but I'd be all for dumping it and cutting down on the clutter sooner.
Old 24-10-2010, 17:46   #10
Marine Service Provider

SOLD!

Tags
raytheon