Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2010, 19:36   #1
ell

Rhodes Bantam #1313

I have an older Rhodes Bantam hull # 1313 which I plan to sell. It is in excelent condition. I just got done varnishing the interior and boom. I did the mast last year. There were only two spots on the floor where some of the finish had lifted and there were a couple of fine black lines but nothing through the hull. The exterior of the boat is very good also and I don't plan to do anything to it. I'm looking for sails right now and trying to figure out where all the parts go. The previous owner took everything removable off the boat so he could refinish it. The trailer is is in good condition and I will soon be buying new tires for it.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18   #2

Boat: Rhodes Bantam 14' Restoration - Splinter
Re: Rhodes Bantam

I recently acquired an RB partial restoration. I have not even picked her up yet but thought I would touch base with you. Where are you located? Do you have pics of your RB?
Old 14-08-2010, 19:51   #3

Boat: Rhodes Bantam 14' Restoration - Splinter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ell View Post
I have an older Rhodes Bantam hull # 1313 which I plan to sell. It is in excelent condition. I just got done varnishing the interior and boom. I did the mast last year. There were only two spots on the floor where some of the finish had lifted and there were a couple of fine black lines but nothing through the hull. The exterior of the boat is very good also and I don't plan to do anything to it. I'm looking for sails right now and trying to figure out where all the parts go. The previous owner took everything removable off the boat so he could refinish it. The trailer is is in good condition and I will soon be buying new tires for it.

I have an extra set of North sails (main & Jib) and a spinnaker that came with the Bantam I picked up if you are interested.
Old 16-08-2010, 09:28   #4

I have parts from a destroyed (destructed) Rhodes Bantam. Including Aluminum mast, main sail and jib, centerboard, wood rudder, and wood boom. I am located in the Detroit, MI area. Can be contacted via my PM.
Old 23-08-2010, 12:21   #5
ell

I may be interested in the main and jib. Sorry for the slow responce, I am new to cruisers forum and was away for a week. I am near Syracuse NY

I'm also not sure how to communicate further such as by email or cell, my cell is 315 529 7372.

Elliott
Old 23-08-2010, 12:25   #6
ell

I wrote to you about an hour ago via private message.... I am very interested in main, jib and spinnaker. I just don't know how to contact people furthur my cell is 315 529 7372
Old 23-08-2010, 12:35   #7
ell

I am near Fulton near Syracuse NY. I will have some new pictures soon. My daughter who just moved to Alaska took them just before she left and will send them to me. I'm just getting back into things after a vacation.

elliott
Old 23-08-2010, 12:56   #8

Rhodes Bantam Sailboat

Am interested in your Rhodes Bantam. Number 1313 would indicate that it is a fiberglass hull? You indicate you live in the Detroit, Michigan area. I live nearby in Sylvania, Ohio just west of Toledo. My telephone number is 419 654 0344. Would be interested in your price and condition of trailer. What sails do you have and general condition of the hull and if you know the builder? If you have a telephone I would be happy to contact you. PM me
Thanks,

Dave Doncoes
Old 23-08-2010, 13:10   #9
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

The originator of this thread, ell, the seller of the RB #1313, lives near Syracuse, New York. Another member, Alexjohn73, who does live near Detroit was offering parts from a deconstructed RB. Member ell has included his phone number in this thread, but you can always send him a PM, as well.

TaoJones
Old 23-08-2010, 15:53   #10
ell

I have deceided that I will probably keep the Rhodes Bantam at least until I sail it next year, if I get sails. The trailer is in very good condition , just needs new tires, its been stored indoors for years.

I'm near Syracuse NY.