Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2011, 08:49   #1

S/H Marine Radar - In Australia, Please

Looking for a 3cm radar for my 35' ketch for trip down east coast from Sydney then west to Spencer Gulf.

Make/model/Age/physical size/range/crt/lcd/power consumption are largely unimportant.

Must be complete (including ~10m or longer head to display cable - if it's cut that's probably fine, I can fix that myself, but I'll need both pieces with native connectors still attached.)
Really want it to have been functional at time it was removed, however I will consider something with 'issues' depending what they are if the price is right as I may be able to fix it myself. Must be 12v DC powered.

Must be cheap. (We've eaten into this budget line for other things, so cheap is important.) Not more than $500 if it's complete and functional with all the bits. If it has a mast or other mount with it (hopefully going onto the mizzen) so much the better.

Radome type head preferred but I'll take whatever I can get, if it's a 4 foot or even six foot exposed scanner I'll still consider it seriously and just revise where/how it will be mounted.

I'm in South Australia til January, but the boat is presently in Sydney so will consider offers from anywhere in Oz, and will pay reasonable freight if needed or arrange pick up. If it's in Sydney or SA obviously that would be easiest/cheapest for me.

Seen a few in the US at quite good prices on Ebay, but the freight seems to be more than the cost of the unit...

AussieGeoff

Tags
Australia, marine, radar, australia