Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35   #1

Boat: Capital Newport 30
Sailboat under 30 ft

Relocating to Florida and looking for a sailboat in good condition under 30 ft and preferably already in a liveaboard location. Standing headroom a must (I'm 5'8" so no big challenge there). Trying to stay under 10K and am willing to clean up an otherwise solid boat. Like the traditional looks of the Bayfields and the like but really not that picky...just want a solid boat able to take me to the Bahamas.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Sailboat under 30 ft

Just a comment and I don't have a boat for sale there but I'm assuming you've looked into craigslist and all the other yachtbrokers and sailboatlistings.com.
Seems like there are a gazillion boats to choose from in that area.
Let us know what you are looking at when you find a listing and there will be lots of folks who have owned them here on the forum ready to comment. I like Catalinas myself but there are many boats that will meet your needs. Bayfield is another.
kind regards,
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08   #3

Boat: Capital Newport 30

Thanks John,
I have and continue to but also posted here because of the high concentration of like minded folks that are in the know with respect to those unadvertised rigs you may only hear about on a forum like this.
Jeff
Old 05-05-2013, 15:45   #4

hey I have a 27ft hunter sloop with 6ft headroom reg. antique sloop all set to go tons of extras gps vhf 5 sails 8hp yanmar located in palmetto fl its a 1977 but a solid pocket cruisersend me an email if ur still looking

bugg_cruncher@yahoo.com

wife gets seasick to easy to keep it
Old 06-05-2013, 06:27   #5

Boat: hunter 28.5

Cruising to Florida now, Looking to move up to a 35'. Nice boat available for you at 28 1/2', Just right for 2 people, 6' headroom. She has never seen salt water but that is about to change. PM me if you think you may be interested Thanks

Old 10-05-2013, 18:48   #6

I have a nice Bayfield 25 in Jacksonville, FL if you are still looking that includes 3 months dockage on the St Johns River.
Old 13-06-2013, 18:08   #7

I just posted a 1981 Advance 22' Dolphin - Asking $5,850. Sailboat is in Excellent Condition. Thanks.
Old 13-06-2013, 19:58   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

I have a friend with a 26' Columbia for sale, currently docked on the St Johns River. He's asking $4000. Boat is not fancy but solid and in good condition. Several sails, outboard powered. Not sure about the headroom but think it would cover 5'8" and some to spare.
Old 13-06-2013, 20:38   #9

Boat: Cal 2-27

there is a catalina 27 on here somewhere for like 5k....great video add they put together on youtube

black oak is selling his for like 10k

plenty of boats out there....

i'll sell you mine, but my price will go up once i paint on the flames on the hull and add a rollbar to the deck....and lights to the underside of the hull for nightime illumination in the marina...you better move quick!
Old 14-06-2013, 07:39   #10

Boat: Wittholz 39' Cutter by Kanter, CSY 37 Cutter

Grab Black Oaks boat, bigger= more room, lots of work done and it is in the Keys. The price is good for a boat this size and ready to go......
Old 25-06-2013, 18:26   #11

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1

If the OP has already found something and any of you guys still have yours for sale, we're looking for something small and cheap and simple and liveable in the Jacksonville area. We don't have much time, just a month to find something. None of the three of us can stand the thought of living in a house, we'd rather use a camp stove and an ice chest in a 25 footer than look at square white walls for a few months.
We're legitimate cruisers in Mexico but we have to return to the US for awhile to sort out some minor legal stuff. We won't sail around the Americas during hurricane season.
Ideally it would be something dirty but useable that we can sell at a loss when we're done and can return to Mexico.
Thanks!
Old 25-06-2013, 18:58   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sww914 View Post
If the OP has already found something and any of you guys still have yours for sale, we're looking for something small and cheap and simple and liveable in the Jacksonville area. We don't have much time, just a month to find something. None of the three of us can stand the thought of living in a house, we'd rather use a camp stove and an ice chest in a 25 footer than look at square white walls for a few months.
We're legitimate cruisers in Mexico but we have to return to the US for awhile to sort out some minor legal stuff. We won't sail around the Americas during hurricane season.
Ideally it would be something dirty but useable that we can sell at a loss when we're done and can return to Mexico.
Thanks!
My boat is still for sale.

Tags
sailboat