Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2013, 09:11   #1

seaworthy sound systems

HERE I HAVE IS ONE SEAWORTHY SOUND SYSTEM BY PROSPEC MARINE GRADE AM/FM/MPX RECEIVER WITH AUTO STOP CASSETTE PLAYER. HERE ARE SOME FEATURES
TUNER SECTION LOCAL DISTANCE CONTROL-MONO STEREO CONTROL FM SECTION TUNING RANGE 88-108 MHZ- USEABLE SENSITIVITY 15DB AT S/N 30DB-SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO @ 1MV 55DB, STEREO SEPRATION @ 1 KHZ 25DB, CAPTURE RATIO -2.5DB-AM SECTION RANGE 535-1605 KHZ-SENSITIVITY 20 DB AT S/N 20DB, SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO @ 5MV 45 DB 7 WPC-TOTAL 14 WATTS
SEPERATE TONE CONTROL, BALANCE CONTROL.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY MORE SPECS LIKE THE TAPE SECTION,DIMENSIONS OF THE PIECE- JUST MAKE CONTACT AND I WILL HELP.

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WISE TO PLACE THE AD TO YOU SAILORS THAT WANT TO HEAR THE NEWS OR MUSIC WHILE ENJOYING A DAY IN THE WILD BLUE YOUNDER. THIS SEAWORTHY AM/FM/CASSETTE MODEL SEA-610 SHOULD BE MOUNTED ON A SHIP OR BOAT. IF YOU WANT CUBES OR HEAVY METAL SPEAKERS I WILL GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT ON THOSE ITEMS IF YOU PURCHASE THIS PLAYER. I ALSO HAVE THE COMPACT DISK PLAYER ADAPTER FOR THIS RECEIVER AND ALL ANYONE NEEDS TO DO IS PLAY THE RADIO ON TAPE AND PLUG THE OTHER END INTO THE HEADPHONE JACK ON A PORTABLE CD PLAYER AND THAN IT WILL PLAY THAT ADDITIONAL FORMAT. THIS ITEM CAN ALSO BE DEPLOYED TO MANAGE YOUR TV ENTERTAINMENT AUDIO OVER THE SPEAKERS. 149.00 AND I AM OFFERING A 10% DISCOUNT--PURCHASE PRICE IS 134.10. LOOK UP((AMAZON FOR----- SEAWORTHY CASSETTE PLAYER MODEL 610)) AND THERE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PURCHASE-GREG3325 THANK YOU FOR LOOKING
Old 14-11-2013, 09:38   #2

Boat: islandpacket
Whats a cassette player?
Old 14-11-2013, 12:11   #3

Re: seaworthy sound systems

to badsanta
hello sir, today is my first day and thanks for your reply. it is confusing but soon i will figure out the lingo everyone uses.

i was in the U.S.Navy for 16 years and 44 days and i will post some pictures of the various crafts i served on.
this cassette player with am/fm maybe made in the early 90's or middle 80's is a vintage new stock and never used. i tried to post it on amazon so if somebody from this web site was interested that will have a safe place to purchase.
i could not get it online because i could not find the upc code. inside and outside of this box there are no bars and numbers. if this item was made prior to those upc's then this unit was made on or before 1973.
some food for thought!
the cassette player is not obsolete or past the time since it has some really great benefits. on the thrift store circuit fifty cents could get you pink floyd dark side of the moon plus those other various artists. transfer from cd to tape really works great and the playback is real nice. unless i burn cd's those tapes may keep those theives from breaking into you car to steal your sound system and cd's that you paid high dollar for and any pawn shop will buy them for a dollar each. i had a cd player in my car and my replacement was a cassette player. when i want to play cd's i slap in my adapter-a sony cpa-9c car connector pack and transfer my music from a walkman using the headphone jack. it is a winwin and i get an another format to play in my car. when i had been ripped off it cost over 700.00 to recover and since than no problems. now the big deal is swipeing cell phones, i keep asking myself and i am sure you thought this also, about when is this stuff going to stop. again thank you for your responce and i have a question-what kind of craft do you have?? let me know-greg3325
Old 16-11-2013, 07:08   #4

I did not notice your number of posts. So welcome to the site. Sorry I was the first one to crack on you. I got beat up here when I first got here, but they were much nicer than some other sites. Good luck and keep on posting.
Old 16-11-2013, 07:12   #5

By the way. Thank you for your service and watch that sir stuff, you make me feel old.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:43   #6

Boat: 37ft Irwin Sloop

Jeez I search the forum for "Sound Systems" hoping to find some set-ups on other sailboats and find a thread mentioning TAPES!
Old 06-03-2014, 21:20   #7

Boat: Traditional 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3325 View Post
HERE I HAVE IS ONE SEAWORTHY SOUND SYSTEM BY PROSPEC MARINE GRADE AM/FM/MPX RECEIVER WITH AUTO STOP CASSETTE PLAYER. HERE ARE SOME FEATURES
TUNER SECTION LOCAL DISTANCE CONTROL-MONO STEREO CONTROL FM SECTION TUNING RANGE 88-108 MHZ- USEABLE SENSITIVITY 15DB AT S/N 30DB-SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO @ 1MV 55DB, STEREO SEPRATION @ 1 KHZ 25DB, CAPTURE RATIO -2.5DB-AM SECTION RANGE 535-1605 KHZ-SENSITIVITY 20 DB AT S/N 20DB, SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO @ 5MV 45 DB 7 WPC-TOTAL 14 WATTS
SEPERATE TONE CONTROL, BALANCE CONTROL.
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY MORE SPECS LIKE THE TAPE SECTION,DIMENSIONS OF THE PIECE- JUST MAKE CONTACT AND I WILL HELP.

I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WISE TO PLACE THE AD TO YOU SAILORS THAT WANT TO HEAR THE NEWS OR MUSIC WHILE ENJOYING A DAY IN THE WILD BLUE YOUNDER. THIS SEAWORTHY AM/FM/CASSETTE MODEL SEA-610 SHOULD BE MOUNTED ON A SHIP OR BOAT. IF YOU WANT CUBES OR HEAVY METAL SPEAKERS I WILL GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT ON THOSE ITEMS IF YOU PURCHASE THIS PLAYER. I ALSO HAVE THE COMPACT DISK PLAYER ADAPTER FOR THIS RECEIVER AND ALL ANYONE NEEDS TO DO IS PLAY THE RADIO ON TAPE AND PLUG THE OTHER END INTO THE HEADPHONE JACK ON A PORTABLE CD PLAYER AND THAN IT WILL PLAY THAT ADDITIONAL FORMAT. THIS ITEM CAN ALSO BE DEPLOYED TO MANAGE YOUR TV ENTERTAINMENT AUDIO OVER THE SPEAKERS. 149.00 AND I AM OFFERING A 10% DISCOUNT--PURCHASE PRICE IS 134.10. LOOK UP((AMAZON FOR----- SEAWORTHY CASSETTE PLAYER MODEL 610)) AND THERE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PURCHASE-GREG3325 THANK YOU FOR LOOKING

ILOVECAPITALLETTERSTHEYMAKEEVERYTHINGSOEASYTOREAD.
Old 06-03-2014, 21:30   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badsanta View Post
By the way. Thank you for your service and watch that sir stuff, you make me feel old.
Well I actually still have some cassettes so not only do I feel old, I think I am old.
Old 08-03-2014, 22:17   #9

Boat: Cape Dory 30K

Nice. Vintage made in China stereos rock.

seaworthy sound systems by prospec model by BindisElectronics
Old 09-03-2014, 04:04   #10

Boat: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozskipper View Post
ILOVECAPITALLETTERSTHEYMAKEEVERYTHINGSOEASYTOREAD.

WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING!!??!!!?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:04   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby View Post
WHY ARE WE ALL YELLING!!??!!!?
BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GETTING OLD AND HARD OF HEARING.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:22   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GETTING OLD AND HARD OF HEARING.
PROBABLY FROM LISTENING TO VINTAGE 80'S CASSETTE PLAYERS WAY TOO LOUD....

(off to ebay to look for a Duran Duran cassette)

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 10-03-2014, 20:24   #13

Boat: Traditional 30

I am perplexed. Who on this planet would pay $150 for cassette player? Let alone who would want one? CD's are dying a death right now and Cassettes, well they died in the early nineties.

Considering that by now all the kids singing lessons should be on CD and/or HDD already, someone set me straight. Someone tell me why anyone would by a cassette player for a boat.

Tags
seaworthy