Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2008, 16:49   #1

slip for winter

I am looking for a slip for the winter for my 45ft steel hull ketch. The vessel has a draft of 7 ft and has a 13ft beam. I will not be living on the boat but would like to fly down and take it out on vacation weeks and such. I would prefer something in Florida on either coast. I would like to find someone with a slip behind his or her house rather than a marina.
I need to get the boat down south by November. I am trying to get the vessel into the bareboat fleet so any captains with dock space in warm water give me a shout! I am not trying to sell anything I haven't had time to research anything yet(too busy sailing). Does anyone know any secure marinas with deep draft in Florida?
Old 23-07-2008, 18:04   #2

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
7 feet is a bit tough but I would suggest Palm Coast. Lots of houses with empty slips. I have kept my boat there in the past. It's a good location on the ICW between St. Augustine and Daytona. You can definitely get in at high water. There are lots of marinas, it's just that they cost an arm and a leg in FL. Most marinas can accommodate you, especially if you've got deep pockets. A steel boat will be hard to get into any bareboat fleet. They like new plastic especially cats.